Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Cloth Diapering & EC *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Cloth Diapering & EC *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-17-2005, 07:21 PM   #1
waterbaby

Default EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

Laurie Boucke's (Author of Infant Potty Training) website for late starters: http://www.white-boucke.com/reviews/latestarters.html
Late Starters yahoo group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IPTLateStarters/

Late starter mamas post your tips!

Mods---can you make this a sticky please? There's always someone wanting to get info, tips, and resources for starting late.

thanks!
Old 11-27-2005, 02:36 AM   #2
AngelBee
Climbing Rose

AngelBee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EC: Late Starters (6 mos. +) thread

Thank you for the links.

Angelo started sitting on the potty about a month ago. We have yet to pee or poop on the toliet, but he says "Yea!" every time he sits on it!
Angela helpmeet to Rich= Joey 20 (adpoted 3/10)Dominick 13, Abigail 11, Angelo 8, Mylee 6, Delainey 4, Colton, 2, and twin girls due July 2013! Dog Jake and Kitty Sarah Quiverful, Homeschooling family www.bixbyblabs.blogspot.com
"Sometimes I'd like to ask God why He allows poverty, famine, and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid God might ask me the same questions". ~Anonymous
AngelBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 04:52 PM   #3
Dana Joy
Deactivated

AKA "Mommy Piadosa" or on FB "PunkHippyMommy"

Dana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond repute

Is 15 months too late to start- will we now be early potty trainers instead of late ECers?

I'm going to explore those links- thanks
Dana Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #4
waterbaby

Nope!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:28 AM   #5
Dana Joy
Deactivated

Dana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond reputeDana Joy has a reputation beyond repute

So we started and had our first catcth this morning- baby boy seems to only like to pee standing up- so on th eadvice of some friends we decided to use the shower- wippee it worked this morning!!! But trying to read the cues of a very active toddler is not easy!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
waterbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalyn1972
So we started and had our first catcth this morning- baby boy seems to only like to pee standing up- so on th eadvice of some friends we decided to use the shower- wippee it worked this morning!!! But trying to read the cues of a very active toddler is not easy!!!
woo hoo! wtg!
It'll get easier!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
mamabeanbean

We've been EC since ds was 7 mo, and since he's been walking it's certainly been more of a challenge. One of his "new" cues is to run off someplace private, like behind the couch, to do his business. Good luck to everyone! (and congrats on your first catch )
Old 02-19-2006, 02:32 AM   #8
MaySunflowers
Deactivated

MaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond repute

Hello!

I joined this forum specifically looking for other ladies doing EC.

My daughter is 10 1/2 months old and we just started doing EC 2 1/2 weeks ago. Its going so much better than I expected! I've been so enthusiastic about it. She managed to use her potty the very first day and we've managed to get her to use it every day anywhere from 1-3 times! I'm still not very good at figuring out when she is going to go, I just put her on the potty when she wakes up as that is usually the only time I can figure it out. I've tried to get her on it for a poop too but I can't move fast enough.

I've noticed, in this short time, how she has already become more upset when her diaper is wet. I was getting confused for a bit as she'd give the same annoyed cry as when she is tired but unwilling to sleep... but it wasn't anywhere near naptime. I finally figured out she was wet.

How do you go about figuring out your baby's signs that they are about to go?
MaySunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
brown eyed girl
Rose Bouquet

brown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to beholdbrown eyed girl is a splendid one to behold

With a 10 mo old there is a LOT to timing. About 10 min after waking up, after eating. Also, before we leave the house, before we transition to another activity....

And here's a BIG cue at my house....

any time Mama has to pee.

Do you remember when we used to sing?
Sha la la la la la la la la la la de da
brown eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:19 AM   #10
MaySunflowers
Deactivated

MaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering if I should be sitting her on the potty more often or not. I was worried that if she sat on it too often she'd stop liking it. But, maybe it would help.

Thanks for the advice, I will try and get her on it more often. I was also thinking of maybe starting a log of when I change wet diapers and then I might get an idea of when might be the best time to sit her on the potty.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:48 AM   #11
arwen_tiw

Hello. Just thought I'd give a little wave and welcome you to GCM, lol. Nice to see you here.
Old 02-28-2006, 05:49 AM   #12
MaySunflowers
Deactivated

Oh hi! I wondered if you'd have the same name or not. I decided I wanted a new name, got bored of the other one.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:14 AM   #13
olivegod2
Climbing Rose

olivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the links! They are quite helpful. WE started eC with dd at 11.5 months when I first heard of it.

olivegod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #14
Dana Joy
Deactivated

So for the last couple of months we've ec'd when at home. Basically let baby boy (now 17 months) run around nekkie- and we taught him the word peepee when he went and caught his poos (he's really regular) for the last month. Well I finally got around to buying him two baby bjorn pottys- and he loves them. he is now requesting to be nekkie so he can sit and he pees on them alot. when he runs around nekkie he hasn't peed on the floor since he got them. Now he still pees and poos in his diaper and it really doesn't bother him. So I'm wondering what the next step is.
Do we just be happy with our nekkie success and keep it as it is. Dipes while out and sleeping- nekkie when home?
Or do we start trying to put some kinda underwear on him and teach him how to pull it up and down?
Old 03-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #15
olivegod2
Climbing Rose

olivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rougholivegod2 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Piadosa
So for the last couple of months we've ec'd when at home. Basically let baby boy (now 17 months) run around nekkie- and we taught him the word peepee when he went and caught his poos (he's really regular) for the last month. Well I finally got around to buying him two baby bjorn pottys- and he loves them. he is now requesting to be nekkie so he can sit and he pees on them alot. when he runs around nekkie he hasn't peed on the floor since he got them. Now he still pees and poos in his diaper and it really doesn't bother him. So I'm wondering what the next step is.
Do we just be happy with our nekkie success and keep it as it is. Dipes while out and sleeping- nekkie when home?
Or do we start trying to put some kinda underwear on him and teach him how to pull it up and down?
Did you use a pot when you started EC? How does the baby bjorn differ in the other potties?

olivegod2 is offline   Reply With Quote