Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-13-2020, 04:39 AM   #16
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation
Default Re: Amazon "pre Prime Days" deals starting today! PLEASE POST DEALS as you find them

Im watching this morning but nothing has popped out at me yet. But I want to maek sure I see posts in this thread in case anyone else sees something awesome.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:58 AM   #17
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazon "pre Prime Days" deals starting today! PLEASE POST DEALS as you find them

Is anyone else else not that impressed with what is on prime day?

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:46 AM   #18
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

The Skylight electric photo frame is down to $127. This is our gift to the in-laws for Christmas and I've been watching for a good discount.

Some Magnatile sets are included in the STEM sale.

But yeah, Erin, you are right. There's not much marked down enough to make me want to jump on purchases.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 08:59 AM   #19
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

The Echo Show 8 was $121 yesterday and it's $64 today! I bought 3. One for us, one for my mom, and one for my brother's family. Plus I had $20 in credits from making a purchase from a small business and spending $10 at Whole Foods. And I'll get 5% back on my Amazon card.

I'm happy!

Finding something for my mom is always so hard. And my brother and I don't exchange gifts anymore but he and my SIL have done so much to take care of my mom because they live 4 hours away while I'm 3 days away. So I'm glad I could get one for them.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-13-2020), Llee (10-19-2020), MegMarch (10-13-2020), Singingmom (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 09:17 AM   #20
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

My ds has an ECHO and I want one because then I can tell him to come downstairs from the kitchen plus other reasons.
I got one and it comes with a free smart plug. Ds wants a smart bulb, but I think I might give him the plug with a lamp that is also an amazon deal that does a bunch of stuff including a charging station.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
MegMarch (10-13-2020), Singingmom (10-13-2020), Soliloquy (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 11:02 AM   #21
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

I was looking at the Shark Navigator that's on their prime deals. Is this the vacuum that people here tend to like? I have a dyson that is dying and I want to replace. I remember lots of talk here about a similar vacuum that people loved...

https://www.amazon.com/Navigator-Lif...60322330&psc=1
Old 10-13-2020, 11:15 AM   #22
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

great price on the vacuum

I like our shark
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #23
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
I was looking at the Shark Navigator that's on their prime deals. Is this the vacuum that people here tend to like? I have a dyson that is dying and I want to replace. I remember lots of talk here about a similar vacuum that people loved...

https://www.amazon.com/Navigator-Lif...60322330&psc=1
Consumer Reports didn't test that specific model (they did the 260 one) but show 5/5 for Owner satisfaction in all the categories.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post
I don't need to spend money, so it's probably good I'm not tempted . I did get 2 kids fire tablets with memory cards and screen protectors for $220 + 10% back on my amazon card. The kids tablets include a 2 year warranty and cases. I'm happy with that. I also got some fleece lined pants for R.

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs

Last edited by passthemanna; 10-13-2020 at 10:57 PM.
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passthemanna For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-13-2020), Aerynne (10-13-2020), Singingmom (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 01:27 PM   #24
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Shark vacuums are amazing. I have 2.

I have rotator lift away models but I believe they are all fantastic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #25
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.amazon.com/deal/d65b32ce...4TxcQz_xQcNNw#

Some toy deals, including Calico Critters, LOLs, Baby Alives, etc.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 07:29 PM   #26
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I haven't really looked but here's an article with some of the best Walmart deals
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/m...ay-deals-2020/

And here's an article with some of the best Amazon deals
https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/m...ay-deals-2020/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (10-14-2020), MegMarch (10-13-2020), passthemanna (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 09:19 PM   #27
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post

I am never impressed but I’m pretty sure we just don’t like normal things here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
teamommy (10-14-2020), The Tickle Momster (10-14-2020), twoplustwo (10-14-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 09:39 PM   #28
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Kinda the same here. Unless I'm looking for a specific item that I know is likely to be discounted, it's not a big deal to me. This year I knew I wanted Echo Shows.

Last year I wanted a new Garmin watch and they weren't discounted. This year they are!! I'm sitting on my hands. I do not need a new watch. I do not need a new watch. I do not need a new watch.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #29
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Haha I guess I don’t know what an echo show is and also haven’t done anything about the money situation so not really trying to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:11 AM   #30
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeasmommy View Post
I am never impressed but I’m pretty sure we just don’t like normal things here.
Yes. I only looked bc I did want an ECHO for myself for bday or xmas and knew they were discounted last year. And I did get ds the lamp. I went ahead and look through page after page of the deals and was all - nope, nope, nope don't need or want.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote