Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-08-2015, 04:40 PM   #16
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Blessing Challenge?

Okay, I went and crossed some stuff off the list. Let me know what else I should cross off. After we get it all figured out, I'll post a new list.

In regards to the tidy time/de clutter/hot spot:

Tidy time was renamed for the 5 min challenge. People were dropping out of those threads, so they just changed it for here.

De clutter is removing things from your house.

Hot spot is a spot in your house that tends to collect things and look messy. For me, its my couch, the main counter in the kitchen and the ledge behind the couch. SO, I would focus on keeping those areas clean each day.

HTH

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-08-2015), sunflowermom (04-09-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 06:04 PM   #17
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
I was trying to quote the post, but it was not showing up.

Some things might still be able to be shortened.
Could we drop dishes washed by hand? That is so hard to keep track of. I also don't think I would want to count meal prep time, either. But, if everyone else wants points for that, that is fine, I will just try to ignore it.

What is "bonding time?"

I would also cut the "assign chores and challenges" because we won't have challenges.
I also wonder if we need "desk time", since I don't really know what that is, but I don't think I have it.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:54 PM   #18
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we can take out those things.

Bonding time is spending intentional time with your children/spouse. In years past, mamas were really into this, and we didn't want our loved ones to get lost in the shuffle. So this helped remind mamas to set aside time with them.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Oh, and desk time, is answering emails, paying bills, sending cards/letters. Anything that you need to do at your desk.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
gdzprncess (04-11-2015), Hopetobe (04-08-2015)
Old 04-09-2015, 05:58 AM   #19
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! The list in the spoiler has the stuff in it that was already scratched off in the other list, but I bet once the two are combined, it will feel and look a lot shorter.
I am getting excited here!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 04-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #20
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I think laundry points are frustrating to add. I don't have a problem keeping on top of laundry, most of the time.

Garbage collecting points/can is a points gold-mine for me, but they're not necessary if we are trying to simplify our list.

I like the idea of menu planning, but maybe it can be a flat 100 pts. for week overview of meals and snacks. This always helped me consider using food from my pantry and freezer, plan ahead to have company, and help me make my grocery shopping list.

If we are taking out the "assign chores and challenges," do we still take points for things that others (i.e. kids and spouse) do in our house?

I like the idea of our own ongoing challenge. Maybe points for a weekly progress report? If we complete our own project we can come up with another one. No points for completion because the size of projects will vary.

Oh, pet care is another one that is not necessary for me.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #21
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

checkmark Re: Home Blessing Challenge?

That is a good idea for the menu planning.
I thought "assigning chores"want assigning to days. I definitely think we should still get points for things others do.
I like laundry points, but it is a little complicated.
I don't have pets.
Bbl

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 04-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #22
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
I thought "assigning chores"want assigning to days.
Oh, that would make sense...but doesn't seem necessary if you look at it this way. I often feel like I am underutilizing my children, and not teaching them to do tasks that they should know how to do. I probably read that line with my mommy-guilt tainted eyes.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 08:51 AM   #23
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
That is a good idea for the menu planning.
I thought "assigning chores"want assigning to days. I definitely think we should still get points for things others do.
I like laundry points, but it is a little complicated.
I don't have pets.
Bbl
Sorry about this terrible post. I was on my phone and in a hurry.

I like the idea for the weekly progress report, also.

What does "no limit" on the toilets mean?

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 04-09-2015, 05:36 PM   #24
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Quote:
Sorry about this terrible post. I was on my phone and in a hurry.

I like the idea for the weekly progress report, also.

What does "no limit" on the toilets mean?
You can clean the toilets as many times as needed and collect points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
I think laundry points are frustrating to add. I don't have a problem keeping on top of laundry, most of the time.

Laundry is hard for me. But all the points are crazy to keep track of. Maybe a flat amount for each load fully complete?

Garbage collecting points/can is a points gold-mine for me, but they're not necessary if we are trying to simplify our list.

I like the idea of menu planning, but maybe it can be a flat 100 pts. for week overview of meals and snacks. This always helped me consider using food from my pantry and freezer, plan ahead to have company, and help me make my grocery shopping list.

Flat 100 points is good

If we are taking out the "assign chores and challenges," do we still take points for things that others (i.e. kids and spouse) do in our house?

YES! If its done, take the points.

I like the idea of our own ongoing challenge. Maybe points for a weekly progress report? If we complete our own project we can come up with another one. No points for completion because the size of projects will vary.

Sure

Oh, pet care is another one that is not necessary for me.

I'll keep pets, bc others have them.
What do you think about the car cleaning?

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 04-09-2015, 09:26 PM   #25
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in!

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:38 PM   #26
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I'll consider joining.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 03:29 AM   #27
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

This could be a good thing for me. I'm getting overwhelmed trying to maintain a decent standard of tidyness while we have so much going on, so I think this will help me keep on track, and on the days I can't do what I feel needs doing I have a list to refer DH to
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:07 AM   #28
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to get back to a regular house cleaning routine, I'd love to join in. I like the shorter list, in the past they were way too long. I felt like the only way to keep track of it was the print it out, and I don't have a printer. With a shorter one I can take a picture of it and set it as my iPad wallpaper or something.

How do you all keep track of points? I was thinking I could maybe put a sheet of paper up on the fridge and write points for each day or something.

And this challenge, will there be a new thread with start/end dates?

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:36 AM   #29
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

When are we starting? Can we start this weekend, or do we need to wait until Monday?

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 04-10-2015, 08:16 AM   #30
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

I usually print it off and hang it on the fridge. I put it in a sheet protector and tally points with a dry erase marker. I have also just kept a daily list on a piece of paper. On here, I give each day a different color. You do not need to keep track of your here for us all to see. That got way too confusing for me. I just post my total points earned for each day, and then one final total for the week at the very end.

The challenge will go for 6 weeks. You can start this weekend if you would like, but I will start an official thread on Monday, just to give others a chance to join if they would like. A new thread will be started each week.

A big part of this is conversing with other mamas. Feeling like you are not alone. Please come play in the 5 minute challenge threads which are posted daily. Sometimes its really motivating to see what others are getting done.

I'm really excited to get this going again!

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

New list. Any thoughts on the car care?

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
MaybeGracie (04-10-2015), Virginia (04-13-2015)