Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #31
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Blessing Challenge?

If you want the car care on there, keep it.

I think I can follow that list and keep track. I might put the sweeping the kitchen on my daily list so that I do not overlook it.
How does the Whole Home blessing vacuuming count with the floor care vacuuming? And I am assuming that the vacuuming/sweeping/mopping is non-kitchen/bathroom, and the whole home blessing is extra is an additional vacuuming time?

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #32
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

I'd keep the car care; I think the last time my car was properly cleaned out was the last time I did a HBC.

Pet care seems like it could go. I have pets but if I don't feed and clean them, they die. That's motivation enough, really. Unlike the toilets, which can be ignored far more easily...

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
knitlove (04-10-2015), RealLifeMama (04-10-2015), RiverRock (04-10-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #33
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

What's new habit #s 1 and 2?

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #34
mamamonkey
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

I Batman!

mamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond reputemamamonkey has a reputation beyond repute

I'll join after this baby gets here. But there is likely no way I'll be able to do it until then.

Although, I may clean my tub just to get the extra pg points since I never got to claim those before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I use an app on my phone called Home Routines that I put the HBC list in under the different zones. If it's taken off then I take the points.

A flat point for laundry would be great. I couldn't ever really keep track.

I am one who liked the big challenges.

to the spider monkey (6)
to the orangutan (17)
and to Piper Bee (the capuchin's twin) 10/14
mamamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #35
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

I might do the daily 5 minutes challenges. I have my own system - so usually those big lists seem more work than I personally would benefit.

But with me in school things always start slipping away with house stuff & a nice 5 minute daily challenge would be perfect to help keep it up with stuff!
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:44 PM   #36
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
If you want the car care on there, keep it.

I think I can follow that list and keep track. I might put the sweeping the kitchen on my daily list so that I do not overlook it.
How does the Whole Home blessing vacuuming count with the floor care vacuuming? And I am assuming that the vacuuming/sweeping/mopping is non-kitchen/bathroom, and the whole home blessing is extra is an additional vacuuming time?
In years past the vacuuming points were for really doing a good job. Edges, moving furniture (if needed, NOT every week!). The whole home one for friday, is just a quick run through each room. Just to spruce up the area real quick. I have to vacuum daily, b/c of the all the grass we track in and the baby will eat it. But its usually just a quick job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles View Post
What's new habit #s 1 and 2?
Make a new habit for yourself. Ex: Drink water/take vitamins/30 mins workout. These habits are supposed to be for the ENTIRE HBC, so that they really stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamonkey View Post
I'll join after this baby gets here. But there is likely no way I'll be able to do it until then.

Although, I may clean my tub just to get the extra pg points since I never got to claim those before.

Do it! I was always bummed that I never could claim them too!

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

I use an app on my phone called Home Routines that I put the HBC list in under the different zones. If it's taken off then I take the points.

A flat point for laundry would be great. I couldn't ever really keep track.

I am one who liked the big challenges.

I like the big challenges too. For this one, since I don't want to scare anyone anyway, each person will be able to make a challenge for themselves. For me, its cleaning my basement. I HAVE to do it. I think I will give 1000 pts for each person that completes their challenge, no matter what it is.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
marbles (04-11-2015), RiverRock (04-10-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #37
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I think the Home Blessing and having the sink clean at the end of the day are nods to Flylady. Her cleaning routines were wildly popular a few years ago.

I really like the simplifying. Thanks for doing this, Prov31.

There was a time that I liked the extra challenges, but I am looking forward to just doing my own thing on top of the dailies and weeklies. I have a room of doom and an attic of horrors so it will be tough to decide between the two spaces if I just need to pick one.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-10-2015), prov31craftymom (04-10-2015)
Old 04-10-2015, 07:22 PM   #38
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
I think the Home Blessing and having the sink clean at the end of the day are nods to Flylady. Her cleaning routines were wildly popular a few years ago.

I really like the simplifying. Thanks for doing this, Prov31.

There was a time that I liked the extra challenges, but I am looking forward to just doing my own thing on top of the dailies and weeklies. I have a room of doom and an attic of horrors so it will be tough to decide between the two spaces if I just need to pick one.
You're welcome! I'm happy you're here! I really enjoyed doing this with you before.

You can do both for your challenge. In the first thread, I'll put to pick your challenge, and share what it will be. At the very end, you can claim your points. For some, it may be a small challenge, for others like me, it will be a pretty big one.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 04-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #39
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to make my "room of doom" my challenge, and the "attic of horrors" I will break down into manageable chunks of decluttering for points. The attic space has different types of things stored in different areas. The room is like an overfilled closet with very little sense of order.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:42 PM   #40
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
I am going to make my "room of doom" my challenge, and the "attic of horrors" I will break down into manageable chunks of decluttering for points. The attic space has different types of things stored in different areas. The room is like an overfilled closet with very little sense of order.
Sounds good! Our basement is just a huge catch all. I need to get rid of about 75% of it!

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 04-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #41
derdsgirl
Rose Trellis

derdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond reputederdsgirl has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm the only one that likes the separated out laundry parts (it helps me remember to move things from the washer into the dryer; I don't know why), but I'm ok with the new system. I may tally it myself separately.

Even though I'm not normally a "big challenge" kind of gal, I think I may jump on with the "make your own" this round. I just realized that in 2.5 weeks our neighborhood is having their yearly spring cleaning event where they pick up anything to haul away, big broken furniture, electronics, anything. So NOW is the time to do our spring cleaning and get ready for that!

I've done the home routines app with HBC before. It works great. I need to get it up and running again. I'm getting excited! Thanks for starting this up again!
derdsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to derdsgirl For This Useful Post:
prov31craftymom (04-11-2015)
Old 04-12-2015, 05:02 PM   #42
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Prov31, can you please post a link to the new thread when the official list is up?My house exploded over the weekend, so I am excited to clean tomorrow!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13

Old 04-12-2015, 07:02 PM   #43
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to do this once before and failed miserably at it, but I'm down with trying again
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:51 PM   #44
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Yes, I will get a new post up. I'll do it tonight, that way it's ready for EST mamas in the morning.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
MaybeGracie (04-12-2015), Virginia (04-12-2015)
Old 04-13-2015, 05:57 AM   #45
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
Prov31, can you please post a link to the new thread when the official list is up?My house exploded over the weekend, so I am excited to clean tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by prov31craftymom View Post
Yes, I will get a new post up. I'll do it tonight, that way it's ready for EST mamas in the morning.
Thank you. I did not mean to sound pushy, LOL. I was just thinking a link in this post would keep me from checking GCM religiously for a new thread. I found the new thread. Thank you for your time spent on this for us!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13