Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post]
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Homeschooling & Unschooling (Support) *Public* [Open--Join Forum to Post] A place for both current homeschoolers/unschoolers and those who are considering homeschooling to find support.
A public forum. A read-only forum unless you join the corresponding usergroup here.

Please Note: Everyone can read this forum, and everyone is welcome to seek and offer homeschooling/unschooling support in this forum, but to post you must join the corresponding usergroup.

Old 06-13-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I need a paper planner!

Help me!

I've been working on laying out dd's schedule for 1st grade, and it is more for me, honestly. I need a loose guideline, written down, or I totally slack. And some rhythm to our days (or at least our mornings), since both my kids respond well to that in different ways. However, I've tried to fill in planner pages on the computer, and just don't like it. I'm definitely a pen-and-paper girl.

So what I'm looking for: a monthly calendar with weekly layout for planning school, plus places each week for notes about school. Also places for to-do lists and meals would be great (they don't have to be labeled as such, though).

What I don't want: some big home management binder or lots of scripture verses/quotes throughout, or anything with any tips or tricks of that get a into parenting. Or anything too plain.

I sound very picky.

Is there something you use that you love? I'd rather not expend the effort creating my own.

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HuggaBuggaMommy For This Useful Post:
Lena O. (05-28-2017), SalH (07-10-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation
Default Re: I need a paper planner!

Check out Day Designer. They are simple and without too many extra things I don't need but big enough for real planning in for me. They have free printable a too which is the way I am thinking of going for next year but I'm undecided.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
HuggaBuggaMommy (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 09:48 AM   #3
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute

Plum paper
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudPies For This Useful Post:
HuggaBuggaMommy (06-13-2016), shaslove (07-12-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #4
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

I've been messing with a bullet journal and I have wants/needs similar to yours.

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TraceMama For This Useful Post:
HuggaBuggaMommy (06-13-2016), Tasmanian Saint (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 11:40 AM   #5
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

DayTimer FamilyPlus Planner

I just bought this one for the second year in a row. You can get it at Walmart for $15. I love the weekly page layout - it's definitely what won me to try out this planner. Each child gets a column, there are plenty of checklists and meal planner section is super helpful.

The downside is that it's plain. You can add stickers/washi etc, though I don't do that as often as I'd like. I love the price, especially after trying an Erin Condren the year before and not using it much.
HuggaBuggaMommy (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 12:09 PM   #6
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up getting the mardel one that was mentioned in the other planer thread. It is rather huge because they assume you have at bunch of kids. But I like it.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

I have used the well plan day for the past two years but just couldn't get over the flowers this year.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
HuggaBuggaMommy (06-13-2016), Tasmanian Saint (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 02:06 PM   #7
HuggaBuggaMommy
Administrator

HuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond reputeHuggaBuggaMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Grey View Post
DayTimer FamilyPlus Planner

I just bought this one for the second year in a row. You can get it at Walmart for $15. I love the weekly page layout - it's definitely what won me to try out this planner. Each child gets a column, there are plenty of checklists and meal planner section is super helpful.

The downside is that it's plain. You can add stickers/washi etc, though I don't do that as often as I'd like. I love the price, especially after trying an Erin Condren the year before and not using it much.
I don't care about plain. I'm very plain.

I knew there was another thread somewhere but had trouble finding it from my phone. I'll look for it when I'm on the computer later. Thanks!

Oldest, 22
Middlest, 13
Youngest, 10

Last edited by HuggaBuggaMommy; 06-13-2016 at 02:15 PM.
HuggaBuggaMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:26 PM   #8
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go:

http://gentlechristianmothers.com/co...hlight=planner
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
HuggaBuggaMommy (06-13-2016), knitlove (06-13-2016), TraceMama (06-14-2016)
Old 06-20-2016, 04:41 PM   #9
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tinasdynamichomeschoolplu...culum-planner/

I have only looked at a little bit of this, but it seems to have a lot of interesting options!
Old 06-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #10
ctab
Rose Bouquet

ctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to behold

The Happy Planner. You can get it at Michaels or Hobby lobby with a coupon, and they even have a punch so you can dd anything you want to it. I know they have home extra that you can buy for things like meal planning, but I just take a sheet, punch it, and add to my week.

http://www.meandmybigideas.com/creat...ehappyplanner/
baby #4 due June 2015
ctab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ctab For This Useful Post:
ViolaMum (07-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM   #11
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctab View Post
The Happy Planner. You can get it at Michaels or Hobby lobby with a coupon, and they even have a punch so you can dd anything you want to it. I know they have home extra that you can buy for things like meal planning, but I just take a sheet, punch it, and add to my week.

http://www.meandmybigideas.com/creat...ehappyplanner/
OOH! Thank You!!!! I've been looking for something like that! I used to use the Levenger Circa/ARC notebooks, but the calendar pages available for them never worked for me. I've got all the punches, so one year I printed out my own calendar, but that was soooo tedious (not to mention finding the right paper). This is bright and fun and HAPPY!
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #12
ctab
Rose Bouquet

ctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to beholdctab is a splendid one to behold

I love mine! I just made a pocket for the front to hold coupons and things. Love that I can add stuff to it.
baby #4 due June 2015
ctab is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ctab For This Useful Post:
ViolaMum (07-02-2016)
Old 07-10-2016, 07:05 PM   #13
emerald
Climbing Rose

emerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant future

I like the mardel homeschool planner. This is the 3rd year I've used it. http://www.mardel.com/Homeschool/Hom...1617/p/3285954

Married to C for 19+ years
Mom of 5
DS1 17
DD (in Heaven)
DS2 11
DS3 7
DS3 2

emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #14
SalH
Rose Trellis

SalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond reputeSalH has a reputation beyond repute

Following for later. 8 years in still don't have a consistent planning system. We do ok but I want that sort of organisation in my life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #15
TraceMama
Rose Garden

TraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond reputeTraceMama has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine uses this and is very happy with it: http://www.hotpinklime.com/homeschoo...-download.html She also has a classical homeschooling version.

I am determined to be invincible until He has finished His purpose in me.
TraceMama is offline   Reply With Quote