Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 03-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
hellomama
Deactivated

hellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to all
Default Gallstones

UGH- I am so irritated. I don't want to be dealing with stupid gallbladder issues.
I have been super sore in that area ever since birth (however haven't had an actual attack since a few weeks postpartum 18 mos ago) so I finally talked tot he doctor about it and of course, they found stones.
Now, I can't get into to see my doctor until the 27th for "discussion" about what to do next.
I don't want it removed. and I am being a huge baby about this whole thing. I swear, birth has made me a million times more sensitive to pain then before.

Anyways, anyone have any advice for me??
hellomama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for hellomama:
ArmsOfLove (03-04-2014), DancingWithElves (03-04-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
saturnfire16
Rose Garden

saturnfire16 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gallstones

I don't have a lot of time right now, but I didn't want to read and not post.

I used to have gallbladder attacks until I stopped eating dairy. That stopped the attacks, but I still had stones. I did a cleanse from the book The Amazing Liver and Galbladder Cleanse, and I got rid of TONS of stones.

http://www.ecsi.net/bwr/forms/wforbA...=%20%20&sid=ZZ

Wife to D
Mama to:
E 12/05
L 7/08
Z 12/10
A 6/14
and J in heaven 2/10

Torah Keeping, Unschooling Family

My blog on unschooling and family life: Peace On Dark Nights.
saturnfire16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturnfire16 For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-05-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I had my gall bladder out. that said the stones were so abundant my liver was being taxed to the point of death..well failures hall way anyway. My liver enzymes were over 1000 normal is between 7-40.

For me it was gluten, bad fats, crappy diet, birth control pills (yaz in particular has been shown to cause gall bladder trouble...I was on yaz for about 6mls ...and pregnancy messes things up too).

I wish I had known.

This might be worth a gander. I am not Paleo. but I do lean that way, mostly lots of veggies, good fats, some clean meats and simple starches...I avoid beans and complex starches, nuts, dairy, soy, and gluten obviously. I feel great.

http://paleoparents.com/featured/how...a-gallbladder/
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
emerald (03-05-2014), hellomama (03-05-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 07:38 PM   #4
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

I had mine out after dd was born.

Honestly? I was scared. to. death, but I am go dlad it is gone. I went years with no attacks, then anything I aate, anything at all, would set me off into attacks that lasted days. I had a blockage and probably should have had it out right then, but I didn't know, midwives didn't say, and I hurt too bad to think.

Having read about the dangers of leaving it in, I am very glad I had that obnoxious thing removed. No one told me five years ago just how bad a gallbladder could do you.
Johns_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johns_Gal For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-05-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #5
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

1. do not do a cleanse that involves drinking oil. making stones move is not always a good idea. a right size stone will block a duct, necessitating emergency surgery, or worse.

2. just a personal experience: i went grain free a few years ago and cured both estrogen dominance and gallbladder issues. they are often related. this held even through pregnancy and birth, which in the past was a major contributing factor.

and good luck!
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-05-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014), Sparrow (03-05-2014), ValiantJoy07 (03-05-2014)
Old 03-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
marigold
Rose Trellis

marigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud ofmarigold has much to be proud of

Dh has had gall stones since age 3 although they didn't really ever bother him until around 30. Since going grain-free their movement has significantly reduced. He did have a bad spell in Dec. though after getting a really bad case of the stomach flu, emptying everything so violently and completely caused some movement and he ended up spending a week in bed between flu and stones.
ds1 - June 2009
ds2 - April 2011
ds3 - October 2013
dd2 - November 2015
Image already added
marigold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marigold For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #7
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Going gluten free has helped mine a lot I have a couple blog posts (on my health blog) that I'll find for you later - one about why I chose to not have my gallbladder taken out (with research I compiled) and the flush that I have had great success with the 6+ years I've been using it.

me if I don't post them by tomorrow

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-05-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
hellomama
Deactivated

hellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to all

Thank you guys! This is great help! That paleo parents article was scary and enlightening.
Since Lent begins today DH (who also read the article) prompted me to give up gluten. Grains? As in rice and oats and quinoa too?
I wonder why grains would have anything to do with gallbladder problems? (Especially since my doctor continually says to me-"lower fats and your pain will subside" hmm )
I am a hot mess. I totally have estrogen dominance. Don't have evidence of that on paper, but for seven days a month I have a migraine and I need to lose a good 50 lbs! Throughout both pregnancies I had severe, incapacitating migraines. While nursing, I had the same. Oddly enough before all babies I was on YAZ!
I have heard that excess belly weight = storage for estrogen. Which is disgusting and makes me sad.
I really just have a myriad of things going on, especially since I don't feel like I eat that much at all!
Thank you all for your input. I am not brave enough to try a cleanse, but feel happy that others have had success with it. (The gb cleanse)
The report said that I had little stones in ducts and large ones in my gb. :jaw drop

Last edited by hellomama; 03-05-2014 at 09:31 AM.
The Following User Says they are praying for hellomama:
DancingWithElves (03-06-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #9
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I also found this extremely informative http://fourfoldhealing.com/2007/11/08/gall-stones/ as for the reason low grain can help.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.

Last edited by ValiantJoy07; 03-05-2014 at 09:41 AM.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-05-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #10
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingWithElves View Post
1. do not do a cleanse that involves drinking oil. making stones move is not always a good idea. a right size stone will block a duct, necessitating emergency surgery, or worse.
I had stones that were left to wait and they moved and blocked my bile duct, infecting my liver and making me very sick. I had mine out at 22.

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM   #11
hellomama
Deactivated

And how have you fared since Sparrow? The result showed that my liver was enlarged a bit.

(and it stinks I can't talk to the doc until the 27th)
Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #12
milkdud
Rose Trellis

milkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond reputemilkdud has a reputation beyond repute

No advice but will say a prayer.
Gobstopper 09/2009
Bit o' Honey 11/2012

11/2003 & 12/2011
milkdud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to milkdud For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-06-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomama View Post
And how have you fared since Sparrow? The result showed that my liver was enlarged a bit.

(and it stinks I can't talk to the doc until the 27th)
Fine! There was also a family history of cruddy sick gall bladders. My dad and his sisters all had their's out before 35. The same surgeon remembered my dad and aunt (my dad is only 20 years older than me so it had only been about 8 years since his surgery).

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-06-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 06:19 PM   #14
saturnfire16
Rose Garden

saturnfire16 has disabled reputation

My thoughts on the wheat are that it contributes to inflammation, so it probably affects the liver when one is discussing liver disease. That's not researched, but maybe the article on gluten tells more?

The purpose of the gallbladder is to create bile that breaks down fats. Which is why your doctor is saying "low fat," why I don't have attacks when I'm not eating dairy and why other sources will say "low fat, no greasy, oily foods." The gallbladder not functioning properly or being overworked is what creates stones.

But gluten probably still affects the liver in an overall health/contributing to inflammation way.

Wife to D
Mama to:
E 12/05
L 7/08
Z 12/10
A 6/14
and J in heaven 2/10

Torah Keeping, Unschooling Family

My blog on unschooling and family life: Peace On Dark Nights.
saturnfire16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturnfire16 For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-06-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 PM   #15
emerald
Climbing Rose

emerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant futureemerald has a brilliant future

I'm not sure where you are located, but I saw a dr in Austin (Victor Carsrud, a chiro with a background in genetics) who has experience with using herbs to dissolve stones. I had both gallstones and kidney stones a couple of years ago.

Initally, I went to the ER because of the pain, they recommended I stay overnight and have my gallbladder out in the morning. I said I would contact the surgeon and then I left to look into some other options. A holistic dr in Maine connected me with Carsurd.

He said it was very important to be 100% gluten-free, even down to your shampoo/condtioner. Apparently gluten-intolerance is connected to gallbladder issues.

Here's what I took: chanca piedra, hydrangea (I liked the Stone Breaker supplement from Herb Pharm, but there are others), high potency digestive enzymes and probiotics, vitamin d, vitamin C, beet root extract.

Besides gluten-free, dairy free for 2-3 weeks (longer depending on blood type and other factors), also have easy to digest foods like soup.

ETA: Carsud looked at the ER report and said even by allopathic standards, my gallbladder should not come out. It wasn't as bad as they were leading me to believe. My pain in part was coming from other issues.

Married to C for 19+ years
Mom of 5
DS1 17
DD (in Heaven)
DS2 11
DS3 7
DS3 2

Last edited by emerald; 03-05-2014 at 07:34 PM.
emerald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emerald For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-06-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014)