Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 03-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #16
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gallstones

Actually, there is research saying that not eating ENOUGH fats contributes to gallstones because the bile just sits and concentrates instead of emptying out in a regular basis. But when you're having gallbladder pain, go easy on the fats

(I'll get the links from my blog when I'm not on my phone)

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
emerald (03-07-2014), hellomama (03-06-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014), ValiantJoy07 (03-07-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #17
greendelight
Rose Trellis

greendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant futuregreendelight has a brilliant future

I had mine out almost 7 years ago. Best decision ever. Mine was very, very sick. Full of stones and sludge. Stones stuck. I had been having problems for about 7 years before (off and on) and no one ever knew what it was. I was so sick right before having it out that I was begging for death. I'm not joking or exaggerating. I hope I never feel pain like that again. The surgery was so very easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greendelight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greendelight For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-06-2014)
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #18
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

You know, when you have low lying, chronic pain? EVERYTHING else hurts more. It may not be birth = low pain tolerance, it may be pain = I can handle no more, thank you.

Educate yourself, either way. I don't want to scare you at all, but for me, I just had to be done being incapacitated, done being afraid to travel, done with pain like that. The risks of leaving it are unpleasant.

I hate that I had to have mine out, on so many levels. But I am so glad I did.
Johns_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johns_Gal For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-06-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #19
hellomama
Deactivated

hellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post
You know, when you have low lying, chronic pain? EVERYTHING else hurts more. It may not be birth = low pain tolerance, it may be pain = I can handle no more, thank you.

Educate yourself, either way. I don't want to scare you at all, but for me, I just had to be done being incapacitated, done being afraid to travel, done with pain like that. The risks of leaving it are unpleasant.

That was a very kind and gentle thing to say. Thank you, I had never thought of pain being that way before.

Thank you for all of your different inputs. I am definitely trying to do my research. Y'all have been so helpful!
hellomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:03 PM   #20
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

another thing:

ultra low pufa diet. to this day many oils = big trouble.

it's a bit of a long story how grains cause that, but you can do a search on the interwebz it totally makes sense.

fresh apple juice was a good palliate measure for me.

oh, one time i had a super bad attack and used high dose SAMe. there are european studies showing good results. worked well twice.

my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DancingWithElves For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-07-2014), Hopetobe (03-07-2014)
Old 03-06-2014, 06:32 PM   #21
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go

The flush I do, including some of my results with it http://cmlhealth.blogspot.com/2010/0...der-flush.html

Research I compiled http://cmlhealth.blogspot.com/2010/0...-take-out.html

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #22
saturnfire16
Rose Garden

saturnfire16 has disabled reputation

Another vote for apple juice here. Also lemon juice and ACV. They all support/cleanse the liver and gallbladder.

Wife to D
Mama to:
E 12/05
L 7/08
Z 12/10
A 6/14
and J in heaven 2/10

Torah Keeping, Unschooling Family

My blog on unschooling and family life: Peace On Dark Nights.
saturnfire16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saturnfire16 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2014, 07:46 AM   #23
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_Gal View Post

I think for some people having it out is what has to happen. my liver was dying and I was having such violent attacks I couldn't function. I don't know that I would have been able to turn things around in time to not do permanent damage to my liver. I do not regret having it out. Those attacks. they do consume your life.

But if some one is just starting to have trouble I would encourage them to research like crazy and to try to find some thing that works for them to heal it naturally... though, I know the pain of the attacks is enough to have me want it out immediately, nothing like that pain has ever made me wish I could die on the spot. And I don't know if I would be brave enough to chance those attacks again... But over the first year of not having a gall bladder my digestion became worse and worse. I hadn't fixed the under lying problem. The issues increased and began to effect other parts of my body. And I will forever digest food differently than indie before. I definitely think some times it should just come out. but if at all possible it should be supported in there ways.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
hellomama (03-07-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 07:40 AM   #24
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Resurrecting this thread because I'm pretty sure I had my first gall bladder attack yesterday/last night and I NEVER want to experience that again.

I'm already gluten-free and have been trying to go completely grain free because my body seems to react to grains in the same way it does gluten. I ate GF waffles yesterday morning and I'm wondering if that's what set it off.

No way can I have surgery, I'm nursing a 7mo.... but are the cleanses and herbs safe for nursing?
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:17 AM   #25
Johns_Gal
Rose Garden

Johns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond reputeJohns_Gal has a reputation beyond repute

I am firmly on team Get That Sucker Out, so I may not be helpful. DD was ten weeks old when I had mine removed. There are drawbacks involved there, but mine were debilitating so I could not wait any longer.

ACV is harmless and really helps end an attack. Get the good stuff, and I think I was drinking it hot, with honey added. Cold drinks make gallbladder pain worse, at least IME.

Flax tea is helpful and good for you anyway. Honestly, those two things were the most help to me, as well as a heat source.

I wish I had known sooner what a malfunctioning gallbladder could do to you. I encourage you to research on your own and make a careful decision, and set some plans for yourself of "If *this* happens, I will XYZ". If you get a really nasty attack with a stuck stone, all rational thought may desert you.

I'm just so sorry. Gallbladder pain is horrible.
Johns_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johns_Gal For This Useful Post:
sweetpeasmommy (10-04-2014)
Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #26
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

The cleanse that I do might affect supply, but isn't dangerous to a nursing baby...

DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

Old 11-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #27
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald View Post
Here's what I took: chanca piedra, hydrangea (I liked the Stone Breaker supplement from Herb Pharm, but there are others), high potency digestive enzymes and probiotics, vitamin d, vitamin C, beet root extract.
Can you share what enzymes and probiotics you used? There are so many.

I ended up having an endoscopy and US of my abdomen. While I do have gall stones, I do not have cholecystitis (sp) and have chosen not to have my gall bladder out at this time because it's not sick. So, I'm looking for ways to support my organs. I am grain free other than rice and corn occasionally and mostly dairy free - I've not had another attack since the first, praise God.

But I was taking a digestive enzyme, not sure if it was working - I ran out a few days ago and am now noticing that I'm nauseated and really gassy after eating, so evidently it was helping.
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote