Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-14-2008, 05:42 PM   #1
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bentonite Clay

How do you use it?
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
J3K
Deactivated

Hi ! I'm Myrtle. I like to pretend I'm an R.O.U.S.

J3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

mostly on brown recluse bites...

ear infections

detoxing thru the soles of my feet

rashes

pimples

J3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.earthslivingclay.com/

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
Hey, that's right down the freeway from me! I might get some of that next time.

ETA: Why is it so much more expensive? Mine cost about $6.00 for one pound!
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #5
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

cool you can save on shipping. "ME" has some posts in here about clay....do a search..

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #6
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteous mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobluegirl
Hey, that's right down the freeway from me! I might get some of that next time.

ETA: Why is it so much more expensive? Mine cost about $6.00 for one pound!
I talked with the lady on the phone and she was soooo nice, sweet, and well informed. I wish I could meet her I would soak in everything she knew about clay
It costs more because it is a much purer, cleaner, regulated source. It is safe for internal cleansing.
The less expensive ones are good for external but should never be put on open wounds or taken internally. Since they might contain certain things like metals or tetnus (it is from the ground which can naturally have that).

There isnt much clay cant help! I was going to post here about all the ways I have personally used it, the results, and how but i guess im putting it off because it would be quite lengthy And it could go in all kinds of areas, health, beauty, recipes, allergies, autism, etc....
So in short my family has used it for:
burns-awesome!
Flu
husbands jungle rot and weird undiagnosable skin stuff on his feet from the military
cellulitis (drastic improvement overnight, dried by second/thirdish day!)
blisters from shoes
ive removed small moles/skin tags on myself
food poisoning
heartburn
eczema
cleansing/detoxing/antiparasite (externally and internally)
curl booster
asthma
bug bites
rashes
cellulite
contact dermatitis
dandruff
regulating bowel movements gently
deoderant
swelling
bruises
clogged pore that looks like a pimple
facial/skin firmer/black head remover (my beauty routine for years)
allergies and red/puffy eyes from allergies
liver detox
earaches(paste behind the ears to speed things up)
in my toothpaste
remove white coat on my tongue
stye/pink eye

I use it during pregnancy for:
cleansing/detoxing/antiparasite (externally and internally)
asthma got worse with last pregnancy (I was able to stop using inhaler)
hemeroids
dandruff
swelling in the ankles (foot soaks)
heartburn
weight gain
edema
blood sugar
keeps me regular better than any fiber or overcounter out there
the dark spots I randomly get on my skin
strange cravings
sleep better

Children:
-mouth sores
-urinary tract infections(uti's)
-bee stings
-metal detox
-pavement knee scrape (my 2 year old fell and scraped her knee pretty bad in an area i really wish she hadnt fallen and the next morning i realized she had a small pebble still under her skin and some black stuff that wouldnt come out of another part of the scrape. I wasnt sure how i was gonna get it out. but to be sure it didnt get infected and to put down the swelling,I put a glob of clay paste on the spot and covered it with a band aid for 30 minutes. When i took the clay off the pebble came off with the clay, it had softened her skin up and the pebble actually came out on its own! the black stuff came out too. all before i even rinsed it. wow)
-eyes (my daughter has strabismus that is worsened with allergies. ive been putting clay on her eye lids(but not near the eyelashes) before bed for 4 days now (6/22/10) and we were walking by some men pulling and cutting weeds and whatnot off the fencing and she didnt even break a tear or rub her eyes. she also says that her peripheral vision is better and can use her eye muscles to keep from crossing right after i take the clay off. not magic, just did what it was suppose to, decreases swelling and started healing the skin )

For babies:
thrush
redness/odor in skin folds
diaper rash
eczema
colic
gentle bath/cleanser
over active letdown if nursing
sleep longer stretches in the night
teething (my fourth child and only one to have the luxury of clay doesnt know what it is like to cry from teething. all my others had a terrible time)
House:
removed hair dye from the grout inbetween bathroom tiles
fruit/veggie wash

These are just things that I have used it for with success but there are tons of other ways I havent tried yet.
thats all I can think of right now, its kind of late

Mercury-
naturalnews.com/028402_bentonite_clay_mercury.html
Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria-
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2413170/

Last edited by me; 06-22-2010 at 04:37 PM. Reason: start adding links
me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
homesteadmama (01-27-2011), houseforjoy (01-26-2011), Stiina (02-14-2011), sweetpeasmommy (08-10-2009)
Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
J3K
Deactivated

J3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond reputeJ3K has a reputation beyond repute

I saw that magical word cellulite...and I'm really starting to experience it on my thighs. How does b.clay help with that ? Care to expound ?
Old 06-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #8
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3K View Post
I saw that magical word cellulite...and I'm really starting to experience it on my thighs. How does b.clay help with that ? Care to expound ?
I've got something for ya! Sarah (tadaereth sp?) makes me a soap that is wonderful. It has clay and extra scrubbies in it. I rub my thighs with it in a circular motion in the shower and my legs are looking pretty smooth

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
How did you use the clay on his eye?
Im sorry, i thought i had replied on my cell phone. I gave him about 1/4 cup of hydrated clay to drink. then i put a thick paste over his eyelids for 30 minutes, it instantly soothes and feels cool. Gave him some more clay to drink before bed. a wet clay soaked cloth as needed to ease the beginning of any returning irritation easy peasy...

Last edited by me; 06-22-2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #9
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I was subbed to this thread, but apparently I wasn't.

Subbing now.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #10
EMama
Rose Bouquet

EMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of lightEMama is a glorious beacon of light

After reading this thread, I ordered some clay from Earth's Living Clay. DH and I started taking it last week. I feel like it is helping with sugar cravings.

Me, Carol says thank you for my order.

E has some long lingering cradle cap that I'm going to start spraying some clay water on. Carol is hopeful; she is so nice and helpful! I'll update ya'll with the success.

and I, 3 years

EMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #11
Eesti
Rose Trellis
I support GCM!

Eesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond reputeEesti has a reputation beyond repute

I am waiting for my first order too.

Hoping it helps w/healing my c/s incision that got infected and prevents me from getting thrush from the antibiotics I had to take.

Gluten free, Dairy free, Soy free pm me if you need help or want to chat.
Eesti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
hey mommy
Rose Garden

I am so hopelessly in love..

hey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond reputehey mommy has a reputation beyond repute

How do you use it for pimples?

Janice (ISFP), single-mommy to Cias(11) Samuel( 4) and 2 babies in heaven

Scully: You know, there is life on this planet.
Mulder: I've seen the life on this planet, Scully, that's why I'm looking elsewhere.

A

Check out my NEW facebook page.
I am now a Plexus Ambassador.
hey mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:20 PM   #13
me
Rose Garden

Agh! Lost my entire post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey mommy
How do you use it for pimples?
You just make a paste and dab it on, let dry, then wash off. Or you can wash your face with the paste as maintenance without having it dry.
I have seen lotions and soaps that contain clay already but I would think the straight stuff is much more effective and im sure less expensive in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3K
The same way it draws out spider venom or pimples is the same premise it draws out toxins that cause cellulite.
When I was younger I did one of those plastic body wraps. It takes inches off instantly and tightens and smooths cellulite. Only thing is it returns pretty fast and sometimes comes back worse.
I also did body brushing on my thighs.
Clay does what the plastic wrap did but much better. Though the inches arent gone instantly, it clears the cellulite and smooths/tightens the skin. Much deeper than the plastic. It removes it and it stay gone unless you go crazy with the diet and never use it again for a long while. And clay did for me in less than a month what it took body brushing to do in 6 months.
Not sure if it was so effective because I take it internally and externally but it works. Its even suppose to work on spider veins but I dont have any so I cant say if it works or not personally.
But it works for cellulite! Its no mistake the spas and retreats charge big bucks for clay wraps and even serve brownies with clay in them. This stuff works, and if I had the casholah to blow I would pay for it in a spa. But I dont, so I make my own clay smoothies and do my own skin treatments.
There is nothing as indulgent as doing a sea salt/coconut oil exfoliation then a clay treatment on the legs. Your legs feel like butter after.
Oh I forgot to add to the list earlier, clay is also great for soothing the leg/bikini area after hair removal. Wether its waxing or shaving. And its a great skin softener on the feet, elbow, and knees. Not quite as good as a parafin wax but over time it gets the same results.
Did I say how much I love clay
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (05-12-2013), houseforjoy (01-26-2011), Stiina (02-14-2011)
Old 04-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #14
J3K
Deactivated

Quote:
I make my own clay smoothies
I tried to take it internally but gagged at the texture. Even when I mixed it with water...it was truly nasty.

What do you mix it with to make your smoothies ?
Old 04-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #15
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by J3K
Quote:
I make my own clay smoothies
I tried to take it internally but gagged at the texture. Even when I mixed it with water...it was truly nasty.

What do you mix it with to make your smoothies ?
Lol no, no, dont drink it straight 
You can add it to anything really. Even juice. It should only be something like a 1 to 10 ratio if I remember right. I always pull out the pamphlet since I have preggo brain often.
With such a ratio and letting it sit for 24 hours it shouldnt really have a texture. Its more of just cloudy/colored water. So if you put it in a drink it might change the color but shouldnt change the texture.
I put it in our fruit smoothies. I just throw in whatever fruit I have, ice, unsweetened juice or water, some mint/parsley/spinach whatever I have handy. I posted a smoothie I accidentely made that tastes like strawberry quick to me if you wanted an exact recipe. I put it in the the doritos thread I started.
Hink also gave me a recipe that it works well in. Its in one of her posts here about a rash she had 
  let me go look for it. I keep loosing my posts so ill post this, try to open another window, then edit with it.
Here's hinks:
"So here's what I do.  I use 1/2 banana, 4 strawberries, a few squirts of cream of coconut (or coconut flakes), pomegranate juice (I'm not sure how much I use, I just pour a little in...maybe 1/2 cup?), handful of spinach, few pinches of parsley, and ice.  And it really is soooooo yummy!  I think the pomegranate juice really cuts the taste of the greens.  Sometimes I use too much parsley and I can taste it, but I still really like it when I can taste the parsley b/c its sorta a fresh taste. "
Here's the other:
-large carton of strawberrys (1lb)
-1 roma tomato
-a handful of the stems,only, of fresh spinach
-1 very small sprig of parsely
-8oz Dannon Activia strawberry yogurt
-about a cup of rice milk (West soy rice beverage)
-large glass full of ice
sweeten with cane sugar
(serves 3 small kids glasses and 2 adults or about 3 1/2 large servings)
Eta: I now use xylitol as a sweetner and for our teeth. I just read in passing somewhere that you shouldnt mix clay and dairy. It didnt say why though?