Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* > Natural Health & Nutrition Info and FAQs *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 04-15-2008, 12:38 PM   #16
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bentonite Clay

ooh..I have spider veins.. yes I am admitting it..thanks to waiting tables for years.... I should try it and see if it works..I used to have great legs...LOL now they are funny looking...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #17
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't ever found any info on if bentonite is safe internally while bfing -- anyone know?

J3K, I'd like to hear about putting it on the soles of my feet to draw out toxins - again, safe during bfing? Do you just make a poultice and put it on the soles of your feet??

We use bentonite internally for cleansing and externally in poultices for several things mentioned here

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM   #18
me
Rose Garden

me has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama
I haven't ever found any info on if bentonite is safe internally while bfing -- anyone know?
you could ask Carol at www.earthslivingclay.com she was the one that assured me that it was safe for me during the pregnancy as well as for my youngest who is 2yrs.
It is FDA approved as a food additive and the container does not have to carry a warning for pregnant or nursing women. I didnt specifically ask her about nursing though, which is why I mention her site.
Eta:speaking specifically of the clay they sell. not all clay!
me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM   #19
Praise

Wow. I'm mighty impressed with that list, me.

How do you use it on your face? Like a mask? Or mix it into your facial cream?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #20
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

btw, I used it as a mask the other night and it healed up 95% of the allergic reaction I was having. I also put it on the spot that was not healing up...it was scabbed, but not healing. The next day it was tons better. I'm pretty impressed.
mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #21
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
curl booster
Zuh??? Curls you say?
Old 04-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #22
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise
Wow. I'm mighty impressed with that list, me.

How do you use it on your face? Like a mask? Or mix it into your facial cream?
Just like Kym said "God knows what He's doing"
My list is only of the things that I have tried it for and I can attest for it working. There are so many others things it can be used for.
To use it on the skin you can do whatever works easiest for you and how much your needing it to pull out toxins/soothe.
I have really rough eczema on my face. So I make a paste and let it dry, then wash it off. (The less expensive clay will work just as good for this)
Then if I feel it starting to return I just make a thinner paste and wash my face with it. THe wash will touch up the smoothness for my face. But sometimes Im in a rush in the morning and I just rinse with water, then I forget and my face gets rough again. But whenever I want to use the mask it will take it all off again with one application.
I have put it with my natural deoderant that wasnt working well enough for my preggo odor and it didnt dry. It mixed in and stayed just fine. So well, I use the clay instead of the deoderant when I need it (I normally dont wear deoderant)
So if you put it in with a lotion I would say it would be just fine so long as you dont put to much in. But I have never read of an actual ratio to add in. Just off of what I have used.
My son has light eczema on his back. And all he needs is a light sprinkle in his bathwater twice a week and thats enough for his skin.
My husband use to have bumps on the back of his upper arm and I give him clay 3 or 4 times a week in a smoothie and thats all his skin needs.
We no longer use lotions or oils though. My dh does out of habit but he doesnt need it.
Last week, my body was releasing a lot of toxins, giving me red bumps here and there every day. So I splurged and dumped about a cup in my bathwater. THey went away and I just started feeling a few here and there. So the bath kept my skin clear for a week but not my face. And I take clay internally daily. My kids just every other day unless I can tell they might need to not skip that day.
All that to try and explain what skin needs what kind of treatment and what might work. One thing is for sure. It works.
Right Mercella
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeWithMyBabies
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
curl booster
Zuh??? Curls you say?
yippers The other night I saw this on line:
https:// anitagrant.com/index.php?age=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.fl ypage&product_id=55&category_id=16&option=com_phps hop&Itemid=41
It had recipes for hair and body wraps that could be done with the clay they sell. Its a bit different from the one I buy. So I took a little clay and made a thin paste, then smoothed over dd's hair. Didnt saturate her hair or anything just a thin rub. And wowzer. Her curls which are already nice got even more defined and the curl tightened all the way to the root. Just the little I put might have been to much for her tiny head though. The next day her scalp was a little dry on the top of her head. I think tonight ill try the recipe on the site. Im needing to remove some build up from my bronners that I used the other day. Baking soda and vinegar did an ok job. But if all holds true so far, im sure the clay will do the trick. Im hoping to get a good routine down with the clay, bronners, and california baby that I use. I love all three but I know it could look much nicer from what I saw it do for dd's hair that day if I could get the right routine for my hair. Maybe be able to not use the bronners since clay is suppose to be good as a shampoo too.

The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
houseforjoy (01-26-2011)
Old 04-16-2008, 07:42 PM   #23
amstermarie
Rose Garden

amstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the roughamstermarie is a jewel in the rough

What does the clay do for autism..
also waht do you think about using it for MRSA? though by the time i get it Dh will probably be on antibiotics. . unless my hfs has it..

Ricky 11/00
T.J 9/02
Adam 9/5/05
Dylan 9/18/12

Theresa born in water 1/29/2008

Kadin 3/04
Baby 2/15
Baby 11/15
amstermarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #24
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by amstermarie
What does the clay do for autism..
also waht do you think about using it for MRSA? though by the time i get it Dh will probably be on antibiotics. . unless my hfs has it..
can you tell me what the abbreviations stand for?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #25
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

MRSA is an antibiotic resistant staff infection that has to be treated very carefully because it is typically recurrent and systemic.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #26
me
Rose Garden

If you speak with Carol at livingclay that I referred to earlier she has more info on the recent studies being done on its effect on autism.
Personally speaking. Since it removes things like metals, and viruses it is very effective at absorbing and eventually removing toxins that are commonly found in children with asd. Specifically, for our nickel allergy it is amazing! We can now eat beans cooked in a metal pan. And I can eat with metal untensils sparingly. Havent been brave enough to totally ditch the plastic. I have the allergy but it does such a good job clearing it away so fast that I dont get the reaction.
And for my son. Im not sure if it is coincidence or timing or a combination of things but he has made a major jump in his preschool lessons that we do at home.
My undiagnosed(by choice) children are high functioning. I havent noticed to much difference as far as schooling with my 6yr old (maybe with her mathmatics but not certain). My son who is 4 didnt want anything to do with tracing before. He use to want to stick with answers that involved drawing a line to the correct one, and things that required circling the right answer. Now he traces numbers and the alphabet. He seems like he can settle himself better to concentrate on those things that require smaller movement. He could always do it before but only with things that highly interested him. Like untying tiny knots or making tiny markings for the picture he was drawing. Its hard to explain but since I homeschool them I noticed how it was overnight that he just started doing it. Kind of like, a child who says the alphabet one at a time and refuses to sing the whole song. Then one day starts singing it backwards. Makes you wonder what clicked in their head that caused the sudden shift.
I didnt put this as one of my uses because I didnt purchase it for this reason and it is speculative. But since you asked. And not only might the detoxing of metal be the difference but there is also the fact that it clears the bowels out. I have read that some children with autism are found to have toxins in the gut from vaccinations. If it can clean out metals, chemicals,parasites,and pathogenic viruses, theres no telling what else it gets out.
"Bentonite can absorb pathogenic viruses, aflatoxin (a mold), and pesticides and herbicides including Paraquat and Roundup. The clay is eventually eliminated from the body with the toxins bound to its multiple surfaces."
Source:
The Canadian Journal of Microbiology (31 [1985], 50-53)
Sound like a thorough cleaning to me though.

I wish I knew more about MRSA and how it originates in the body. However, since its safe to say it is an infection. The gastrointestinal tract is a huge part of the immune system. It would certainly help his body fight an infection. But thats all I could logically say.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9684259
Based on the above, I would think that the cleansing properties of clay would take what probiotics do a step even further. Rather than just supplement the gut with what it is lacking. Why not cleanse it so that the appropriate nutrients can be utilized and begin to maintain its own God given balance rather than supplementing to achieve a balance that cant be subscribed to an exact amount for that particular person.
Not saying probiotics are a bad thing. We have taken them here and will take them.

I know kind of out there but hey, thats just "me".
Old 04-16-2008, 09:54 PM   #27
righteous mama
Rose Garden

righteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond reputerighteous mama has a reputation beyond repute

Does it cleanse the liver? I just got back blood results and my liver enzymes are high. It runs in my family. My mom struggles with her levels and my grandpa died with cirrhosis even though he never drank alcohol.

mama to farmer girl (21) princess lionheart (16), and dandelion queen (11)

~infp~

Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
righteous mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:25 PM   #28
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteous mama
Does it cleanse the liver?  I just got back blood results and my liver enzymes are high.  It runs in my family.  My mom struggles with her levels and my grandpa died with cirrhosis even though he never drank alcohol.

There is a book on the site that I get mine from that lists the liver as one of the uses.
I think you can get tested for your bodies reaction to different clays with the melissa? test I think its called? You might want to do something like that first. 
Old 04-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #29
JJsMom
Rose Garden

JJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I was going to pm you about this me, but I thought I would just put it here. I have some things that I'd like to try using it for but not sure if it will work for these things and I don't know how to use it in some of these things:
Ears-my ears itch! I've heard maybe parasites? Would that help? Would I just take it internally?
My ds's skin-when we go somewhere and he gets spots from being around/touching an allergen (presumably dairy), would I just put some of the clay on the spots?
My dh's toenails-my dh has really disgusting yellow toenails, could he put some on them?
Are there directions for how much to take internally? Like for my ds? I know I have more, but that's all I can think of for now. Sorry to be obnoxious.
Gave birth to my J-bird 10 yrs ago (ds)
Homebirthed my LuLu 7 yrs ago (dd)
Homebirthed my Punkin' seed (and Great Grandma's namesake) 4 years ago. (dd)
And had our newest arrival, JellyBean 2 years ago. (dd)

I still miss my Great Grandma every single day. I'm not ready to take her picture out of my avi. She feels closer this way.
JJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:10 PM   #30
me
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJsMom
Ok, I was going to pm you about this me, but I thought I would just put it here.  I have some things that I'd like to try using it for but not sure if it will work for these things and I don't know how to use it in some of these things:
Ears-my ears itch!  I've heard maybe parasites?  Would that help?  Would I just take it internally?
My ds's skin-when we go somewhere and he gets spots from being around/touching an allergen (presumably dairy), would I just put some of the clay on the spots?
My dh's toenails-my dh has really disgusting yellow toenails, could he put some on them?
Are there directions for how much to take internally?  Like for my ds?  I know I have more, but that's all I can think of for now.  Sorry to be obnoxious. 
I dont think its obnoxious 
And yes to all the above.
Your ears you can take it internally and if its parasites it will clear it up faster if you take the detox amount rather than the cleanse amount.
My eczema on my face sometimes goes into my ears. I put the clay all over my face and on my ears. Not inside the canal or anything but just like I would with soap if I was washing my face/ears.
And your sons contact dermatitis would be soothed by either way you apply it. My dd had it as a diaper rash and I just applied it like a very thin watery talc. Cleared it right up. My son got it around his mouth and I just rubbed some on like a dry talc and that also worked. When I got the dermatitis that leaves red rings I actually use it as a thick paste, let it dry, then rinse off. But for light irritation like you would see similar to a bug bite you dont need a paste, just calamine lotion consistency.
And for your dh's nails. A while back I started a thread about my dh's nails. I would swab apple cider vinegar on his nails at night and let them dry. It worked really good but I bet you could make a paste with the clay and acv and get even better results!
Eta:you should probably ask the place where you get yours from about the amounts. I dont know if it is a general ratio for all bentonite clay or not. I just know about the particular one I use.
The Following User Says Thank You to me For This Useful Post:
houseforjoy (01-26-2011)