Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #76
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's something new going on in your life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
We just bought a used hot tub. Well, we put a deposit on it and will pay when we actually pick it up. Gotta figure out getting it home.

I'm so excited.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Oooo! We got a hot tub last fall. Best. Investment. Ever. I LOVE that thing!

For me - we took my bonus kids on vacation and had so much fun! (Maybe I already mentioned that?!) Next up - we'll be taking my bio kids on vacation in 2 weeks. We don't usually all go together because there are 12 of us and it gets pretty chaotic. So we take bonus kids while mine are visiting their Dad.

We are also prepping for our 2 oldest girls to head off to college for the first time. (They are in same grade).
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Close2MyHeart For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (07-12-2021), heartofjoy (07-12-2021), Soliloquy (07-12-2021), tempus vernum (07-14-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 01:13 AM   #77
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Oooooh,.a hot tub! Jealous!

I'm now a certified barre instructor.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (07-12-2021), heartofjoy (07-12-2021), tempus vernum (07-14-2021), The Tickle Momster (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 05:21 AM   #78
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

We re-did our front porch. It was just a concrete slab but dh put a huge deck out there. We will put out 2 30 inch planters and a little patio set so we can sit out and have coffee. Plus really dresses up the front out of home.

DD started pole vaulting in the spring with her HS and joined a PV club and did 2 meets so far this summer and her new PR is 9 feet.

Ds decided a skater themed room was immature and he moved bedrooms and we are re-doing it for his birthday present to an elegant gray with white and black accents.
The double bonus is dh and dd are hoarders* (not really) but it was an "art" room but really so crammed full of projects in a variety of finished states, it gives us a chance to clean it out. I said it is going to stay an art room but it has to be where it can be a guest room. Ie no more DUMP room! This is not the first tie Ive said this so we shall see.

Our friends want us to become tandem bike riders and loaned us one of their 2 tandem bikes and we rode it for the first time today (well any distance we did around our hood the day we got it from them). We did 15 miles this am and it was so much fun. But its not really in the budget to buy one but I want one anyway.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16

Last edited by twoplustwo; 07-12-2021 at 05:23 AM.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (07-12-2021), heartofjoy (07-12-2021), Soliloquy (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 08:39 AM   #79
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post

Our friends want us to become tandem bike riders and loaned us one of their 2 tandem bikes and we rode it for the first time today (well any distance we did around our hood the day we got it from them). We did 15 miles this am and it was so much fun. But its not really in the budget to buy one but I want one anyway.
when I was growing up some friends had a random bike. It was so much fun!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 09:08 AM   #80
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

My parents had a tandem bike! It was so cool. Yes, they are SO expensive.

We had an "art" room also. Yep, it basically was a dump room and we finally accepted that it had to be turned into a bedroom. It had just been a waste of a room. I had my dreams that we could keep art, sewing, and science supplies organized in there and it would be a great place to go and do projects without disrupting the rest of the house. It was nothing but frustration beggars nobody put things away and it became a wretched, disorganized mess. I'm so glad we made the change.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Llee (07-12-2021), twoplustwo (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #81
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of y'all ridden a 4 person bike? When I was growing up you could rent them in Galveston and ride them in the sea wall. It was a great treat.

Once I was close to my mom's higth we would ride the random bike and would peddle the 4 person bike. It was fun. My dad had polio and so really only has the ability to push a peddle on one legg - he could rode a bike it but it is in an uneven gate.

Early bird is nearly as tall as I am now I really want to go find a random bike to ride together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (07-12-2021), twoplustwo (07-12-2021)
Old 07-12-2021, 10:13 AM   #82
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I’m taking a stats course online. This is the fourth time registering, but the first time committing to actually completing it. I’m struggling. I understand the text, but the tests are timed and I can’t do the work fast enough to do well. Three weeks left to go! I’m proud of myself for getting this far but also counting down the days for the class to be done! I’m sharing it here because it is consuming my life these days!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (07-12-2021), knitlove (07-12-2021), rdsmommy (07-12-2021), Soliloquy (07-12-2021), twoplustwo (07-12-2021)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for RiverRock:
rdsmommy (07-12-2021), twoplustwo (07-12-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 07:07 AM   #83
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We just bought a used hot tub. Well, we put a deposit on it and will pay when we actually pick it up. Gotta figure out getting it home.

I'm so excited.

We bought a hot tub in April that was supposed to be delivered in may. It’s finally in town and coming today. Electrician has to come back and do step 2 of the wiring for us.... but I will be glad once it’s here.

This likely won’t help a Texan but DH told me that our hot tub is coming on a double snowmobile trailer .. apparently it’s the perfect way to easily maneuver it ... ... but I’d guess an equivalent in Texas might be a double atv or jet ski trailer? Just a thought. If you need suggestions, I could ask DH who was a motorcycle and recreation vehicle mechanic 20+ years ago (jet skis snowmobiles, speed boats etc) I will take pics if I’m home when it’s delivered LOL.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (07-14-2021), twoplustwo (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 07:55 AM   #84
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

We paid to have it delivered professionally! My husband is figuring out the electrical now. He's digging a trench to bury the wires.

arelyn (07-14-2021), ECingMama (07-14-2021), knitlove (07-14-2021), Llee (07-16-2021), Soliloquy (07-14-2021), tempus vernum (07-14-2021), twoplustwo (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #85
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!! Our delivery on the snowmobile trailer IS professional . I was like “what?” apparently it’s easier to maneuver into our backyard on the small trailer

Yay!! So exciting congrats!!!!! . Our electricians on vacation so no clue when we will get ours hooked up ...

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”

Last edited by tempus vernum; 07-14-2021 at 11:28 AM.
ECingMama (07-14-2021), twoplustwo (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 02:06 PM   #86
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't mean that yours WASN'T professional! My husband watched youtube videos of middle aged guys like him moving them and decided it would be better to hire someone who does it for a living.

And yet he's ok with renting that monster of a trencher and running actual electricity himself.
Llee (07-16-2021), tempus vernum (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 03:05 PM   #87
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
I didn't mean that yours WASN'T professional! My husband watched youtube videos of middle aged guys like him moving them and decided it would be better to hire someone who does it for a living.

And yet he's ok with renting that monster of a trencher and running actual electricity himself.
Well I’m laughing cuz I expected some kind of crane to set my hot tub down and it basically was not what I thought

And LOL abt doing electrical. My DH wouldn’t even attempt it even though he rewired our old house LOL

Old 07-14-2021, 05:20 PM   #88
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Default What's something new going on in your life?

Ours is here safe and sound.
Also pictured my pup and hubby LOL

I find it hysterical we both got a hot tub the same week D!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Llee (07-16-2021), Soliloquy (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 05:28 PM   #89
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Nice! Love your deck and pup! How funny is that? I never even really thought about owning one. Dh got his inheritance from his dad and decided to spend a little of it on a few luxuries.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the maintenance aspect. I hope I can figure out the chemicals!

tempus vernum (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #90
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Nice! Love your deck and pup! How funny is that? I never even really thought about owning one. Dh got his inheritance from his dad and decided to spend a little of it on a few luxuries.

I'm a little overwhelmed at the maintenance aspect. I hope I can figure out the chemicals!

We’ve owned a hot Tub before (a hand me down- this is the first we’ve purchased). If you keep a routine and do the testing it’s pretty simple. One random Tip. Empty it all the way 2/yr and clean it . We have a natural system but hot Tubs made the last decade are almost all very low chorine or natural chemicals.

I’m glad you got Something fun!!! We used our stimulus money for This prior to a bunch of unexpected expenses and I’m so glad we got it before those all popped up . DH and I both have pain issues and I’ve becoming increasingly grossed out by hot tubs at the gym not to mention the self care aspect of a hot tub. this was our anniversary present to Each other since we r unable to Vacation alone together at the moment.

Ours took from April till now. We bought it from a really good local reputable family owned business we r familiar with. Today we were told people ordering now won’t get their hot tub until 2023 so I’ve decided 3 months wasn’t so bad

ECingMama (07-14-2021), Llee (07-16-2021)