Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-10-2021, 11:31 AM   #31
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's something new going on in your life?

I'm working part-time in a garden center, doing personal training & corrective exercise part-time, and working through my course to be certified in pregnancy & post-partum corrective exercise (PCES). I'm also working on getting certified to teach barre classes. After that I want to move into somatics.

Lots of hiking and gardening this summer.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (06-19-2021), Pragmatist (06-10-2021), rdsmommy (06-10-2021), SewingGreenMama (06-10-2021), tempus vernum (06-10-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021), Vipers_Princess (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 01:18 PM   #32
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I'm working part-time in a garden center, doing personal training & corrective exercise part-time, and working through my course to be certified in pregnancy & post-partum corrective exercise (PCES). I'm also working on getting certified to teach barre classes. After that I want to move into somatics.

Lots of hiking and gardening this summer.
Your work sounds so interesting! My daughter who just graduated is looking into being a personal trainer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
ECingMama (06-19-2021), SewingGreenMama (06-10-2021), Soliloquy (06-12-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 03:19 PM   #33
Vipers_Princess
Rose Garden

Vipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond reputeVipers_Princess has a reputation beyond repute

So many exciting things happening. Yay!

I am also more of a sweary mom than ever. I curb it as much as possible but I am not going to sweat it too much. God knows who and how I am *shrug*

I am currently winding down my career as a massage therapist. Not by choice either. The break to my hand last year is still not healed. The bone healed but the muscles contracted and now won't release all the way. So I will eventually have to have a surgery to 'release' {read: cut} the tendons. Yeah. In the mean time I can only handle a few hours a week of massage and even that is often painful due to the type of massage I practice. So I'm temporarily going to be working part time as an MT and part time as a front desk associate at my current spa. By the end of summer I will cease all MT hours and be part time at the spa desk and part time at an LTC doing activities, with the end goal of taking and passing the national certification course this winter and becoming a full time activities director/enrichment coordinator in a year or so when I feel I have enough experience to justify 'being the boss' I'm kind of sad but in other ways the steady pay, hours and work will be a nice change.

Oh & apparently I'm an INTP
Vipers_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vipers_Princess For This Useful Post:
Little Forest (06-20-2021), rdsmommy (06-10-2021), tempus vernum (06-11-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)
The Following 4 Users Say they are praying for Vipers_Princess:
arelyn (06-11-2021), Little Forest (06-20-2021), tempus vernum (06-11-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 07:32 AM   #34
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Vipers princess that is so hard (((((hug)))))

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Vipers_Princess (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 10:51 AM   #35
arelyn
Rose Trellis

Soli deo Gloria

arelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond reputearelyn has a reputation beyond repute

SewingGreenMama: That sounds amazing! I'm so happy for you all and hope you LOVE your new property!

Vipers Princess: I'm praying for your hand and for peace during all the transitions!

arelyn
World traveling mama to my star my sunshine and the monsoon baby
Wife to my crazy ethnomusicologist

This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow. God give us peace and grace from you all the day through.
arelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arelyn For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (06-11-2021), Vipers_Princess (06-11-2021)
Old 06-12-2021, 08:50 PM   #36
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
Your work sounds so interesting! My daughter who just graduated is looking into being a personal trainer.

I absolutely love it. My opinion is that the really good stuff comes in the CEUs. The PT education was definitely interesting but the specializations have been so exciting. CES was especially fascinating as the brain is a huge focus, working to develop new motor programs to replace damaging ones. And how where you feel pain is not likely to be the area that needs work.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

I've also been swearing recently. After having not used swear words since middle school. Pretty much only when I'm alone or just with DH, though.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (06-12-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #37
Elibellamiah
Rose Trellis

Elibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond repute

After about 2 years of looking we found the perfect house. At least it looks perfect. It's in the neighborhood we wanted, my 9 year old son's best friend moved there last fall, it has a small lake with swimming in the summer and ice skating in the winter. The house has everything on our list; an acre and half private yard, a mud room, a large kitchen with a pantry, a decent sized laundry room, 3 car garage, possible 5th bedroom (supposed to be an office), a nice basement with windows, a front porch, a living room and family room on the main level. It's huge! But, it's $50,000 more than very maximum that we wanted to spend, and our realtor told us we needed to offer MORE. So, we're kind of stressed out about it, but we put the offer in yesterday and we're waiting to find out if it's accepted. We're also about to go camping so I won't be able to update for 5 days or so.
Elibellamiah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elibellamiah For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (06-13-2021), SewingGreenMama (06-13-2021), Soliloquy (06-13-2021), tempus vernum (06-13-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for Elibellamiah:
ECingMama (06-13-2021), Llee (06-20-2021), Soliloquy (06-13-2021)
Old 06-13-2021, 10:40 AM   #38
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibellamiah View Post
After about 2 years of looking we found the perfect house. At least it looks perfect. It's in the neighborhood we wanted, my 9 year old son's best friend moved there last fall, it has a small lake with swimming in the summer and ice skating in the winter. The house has everything on our list; an acre and half private yard, a mud room, a large kitchen with a pantry, a decent sized laundry room, 3 car garage, possible 5th bedroom (supposed to be an office), a nice basement with windows, a front porch, a living room and family room on the main level. It's huge! But, it's $50,000 more than very maximum that we wanted to spend, and our realtor told us we needed to offer MORE. So, we're kind of stressed out about it, but we put the offer in yesterday and we're waiting to find out if it's accepted. We're also about to go camping so I won't be able to update for 5 days or so.
This is exciting! The whole house shopping/buying process is so stressful though! Have fun camping!

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

My 19 year old son went on a date last night with a girl I think I actually like.

rdsmommy (06-13-2021), SewingGreenMama (06-13-2021), Soliloquy (06-13-2021), tempus vernum (06-13-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 05:30 AM   #39
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

Love the idea of the homestead! That sounds amazing.

And I love the outside couch... I had a covered porch at the last house I was in and had something similar. I loved it!

New for me ... I'm on vacation this up coming week!! Hubby and I are taking my bonus kids on vacation. My bio kids are at their dad's in PA, so we will do a vacation with them at the end of July.

I applied for a new position at work... it's looking good for me to get it, but I got a call from my current boss and he wants to know what it'll take to keep me in my position now. Sooo... we'll see what happens with that.

We had 2 girls graduate from high school last weekend!! So excited to see where they are headed. Also, it's weird that 3 out of 5 of my bio kids are now graduated from high school. I'm not old enough for that, am I?!

My daughter came out as pan to the whole family recently. I've been surprised at the family's positivity... I expected more shunning. They were harder on me in my divorce!! I'm glad they are being positive to her.

Not much else is new.
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Close2MyHeart For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (06-19-2021), rdsmommy (06-19-2021), SewingGreenMama (06-29-2021), Soliloquy (06-25-2021), tempus vernum (06-19-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 09:29 AM   #40
Elibellamiah
Rose Trellis

Elibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond reputeElibellamiah has a reputation beyond repute

Our offer was accepted on the house. It was kind of crazy trying to deal with all the paperwork over the phone while camping. I'm kind of excited and kind of sad. Also, overwhelmed at the thought of packing and moving everything. I wish our current house would have worked for us, I'm going to miss my backyard.
Elibellamiah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elibellamiah For This Useful Post:
Close2MyHeart (06-19-2021), ECingMama (06-19-2021), heartofjoy (06-19-2021), Llee (06-20-2021), Soliloquy (06-25-2021), tempus vernum (06-19-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 05:03 PM   #41
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elibellamiah View Post
Our offer was accepted on the house. It was kind of crazy trying to deal with all the paperwork over the phone while camping. I'm kind of excited and kind of sad. Also, overwhelmed at the thought of packing and moving everything. I wish our current house would have worked for us, I'm going to miss my backyard.
That's awesome! Congrats!!

Totally understand the mixed feelings. I've moved so many time and each house was a little sad and a little exciting to leave.
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:18 PM   #42
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Close2MyHeart View Post
Love the idea of the homestead! That sounds amazing.

And I love the outside couch... I had a covered porch at the last house I was in and had something similar. I loved it!

New for me ... I'm on vacation this up coming week!! Hubby and I are taking my bonus kids on vacation. My bio kids are at their dad's in PA, so we will do a vacation with them at the end of July.

I applied for a new position at work... it's looking good for me to get it, but I got a call from my current boss and he wants to know what it'll take to keep me in my position now. Sooo... we'll see what happens with that.

We had 2 girls graduate from high school last weekend!! So excited to see where they are headed. Also, it's weird that 3 out of 5 of my bio kids are now graduated from high school. I'm not old enough for that, am I?!

My daughter came out as pan to the whole family recently. I've been surprised at the family's positivity... I expected more shunning. They were harder on me in my divorce!! I'm glad they are being positive to her.

Not much else is new.
I’m so happy your family didn’t shunt her

Hope and pray the job goes the direction you want it to

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:42 PM   #43
Sparrow
Rose Garden

Immerse your soul in love.

Sparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond reputeSparrow has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wrapping up my first 7 months as an educational assistant (you call it para professionals) after going to school to be one for a year.

I love it, this is what I was born to do. I provide behaviour support

One of the kids I work with (I'm going super neutral here) doesn't have a diagnoses. They doesn't like to be in class, they're calmly oppositional. They're not explosive, they just doesn't listen, don't follow rules. They will just leave. When they go to the sensory room they won't leave. I've been pushed a couple of times (doesn't hurt me or bug me). The principal says in her whole career she hasn't had a more difficult child (and we have some kids in the school who are HARD).

This last month he's started to listen, respect break timers. He doesn't just walk into places he ASKS (he used to burst into classes, library, gym when he wasn't supposed to be there). People are noticing and I'm proud of him.

I made a jar, called it the kindness jar. It has a bunch of little slips on it with positive affirmations. We walk around when he needs a walk and asks people if they want one. They reactions have been so positive and he loves bringing people joy. It is his favourite when staff says "can I keep this?"

I'm not sure if I get to go back to this school in September, but I hope I do.

The staff has a sunshine committee, its a bit different since covid effects some stuff, but someone will use their prep time to bring other staff cookies and a tea or coffee. I thought it would be cool to have a sunshine kids committee, where they also do random acts of kindness.

Mama to:

Bear 16.75 Funny and Tender. Larger than life. ENFP
Max 14 Affectionate and Spirited. Artist
Chickadee 8! She's Sunshine and Song. Born in the caul

We have a fur baby. A cat called Charlie
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sparrow For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (06-19-2021), Llee (06-20-2021), OnAMission (06-29-2021), Pragmatist (06-22-2021), RiverRock (07-05-2021), Soliloquy (06-25-2021), tempus vernum (06-25-2021), The Tickle Momster (06-20-2021), Vicki_T (06-30-2021)
Old 06-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #44
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I'm wrapping up my first 7 months as an educational assistant (you call it para professionals) after going to school to be one for a year.

One of the kids I work with (I'm going super neutral here) doesn't have a diagnoses. They doesn't like to be in class, they're calmly oppositional. They're not explosive, they just doesn't listen, don't follow rules. They will just leave. When they go to the sensory room they won't leave. I've been pushed a couple of times (doesn't hurt me or bug me). The principal says in her whole career she hasn't had a more difficult child (and we have some kids in the school who are HARD).

This last month he's started to listen, respect break timers. He doesn't just walk into places he ASKS (he used to burst into classes, library, gym when he wasn't supposed to be there). People are noticing and I'm proud of him.

I made a jar, called it the kindness jar. It has a bunch of little slips on it with positive affirmations. We walk around when he needs a walk and asks people if they want one. They reactions have been so positive and he loves bringing people joy. It is his favourite when staff says "can I keep this?"

The staff has a sunshine committee, its a bit different since covid effects some stuff, but someone will use their prep time to bring other staff cookies and a tea or coffee. I thought it would be cool to have a sunshine kids committee, where they also do random acts of kindness.
Reading this made my day! Love it!

Old 06-20-2021, 09:22 AM   #45
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post

I love this! I used to be a para. It’s a really awesome, hard, rewarding job.

New for me - called yesterday graduation day for ds18. Had a party. Surprised him with his aunt showing up. I wish people could have stayed later. Dh was pooped though.

We are trying a new church today. We have friends there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (07-01-2021), tempus vernum (06-25-2021)