Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 05:09 PM   #61
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: October's Dinners

Muffin tin meatloaves, rice, kale salad. (the salad was a hit with everyone except dd who is staunchly anti-kale)

Kale Salad
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 bag broccoli slaw, chopped a few times
1/2 c. sunflower seeds or toasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 c. dried cranberries

Dressing
1/2 c. fresh orange juice
zest of 1 orange
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
2 T. maple syrup
1/4 t. salt
black pepper

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-10-2017), ViolaMum (10-11-2017)
Old 10-10-2017, 07:17 PM   #62
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

gf chicken and noodles, sauteed apples, lettuce salad with lemon dill vinaigrette
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 10-10-2017, 08:40 PM   #63
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
Muffin tin meatloaves, rice, kale salad. (the salad was a hit with everyone except dd who is staunchly anti-kale)

Kale Salad
1 bunch kale, chopped
1 bag broccoli slaw, chopped a few times
1/2 c. sunflower seeds or toasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)
1/2 c. dried cranberries

Dressing
1/2 c. fresh orange juice
zest of 1 orange
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar
2 T. maple syrup
1/4 t. salt
black pepper
I don't love kale either, but this sounds great!

We had Trim Mac Salad. It's a salad that tastes like a Big Mac!

My son has never had a big Mac, but he did like the salad!
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Lady Grey (10-11-2017), Singingmom (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 10:27 AM   #64
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Parmesan crusted tilapia, I'm going to try a spaghetti squash with spaghetti sauce (I hope I know how to cook it well because in the past I haven't liked spaghetti squash at all), I may make roasted potatoes in case we don't like the squash, steamed frozen veggie, copycat chick fil a cole slaw

Is it just me? I've had a terrible time this week with food. I have no idea what is going on. I burned that entire pot of soup on Saturday and had to scrounge around for food. Then on Monday, I took some ground beef from the freezer to make supper and it was bad so I had to run to the store the last minute for more ground beef. Then on Tuesday, I went Aldi's shopping in the morning thinking I had everything for lunch and supper since I wasn't going to complete my full grocery shopping until after supper. I was going to make a black bean soup for lunch (recipe from another thread here) and I started making it and realized I had forgotten to pick up black beans! So I made it with pinto beans and it truly wasn't very good that way. Then for supper, I made a delicious dill lemon mustard vinaigrette and went back to the fridge for the lettuce and found I had also forgotten to buy lettuce. So another run to buy lettuce before finishing up supper. Then I was making lunch today for my fam and used up all of the cheese that I actually needed to make grilled cheese on Saturday. Really?! Ugh! So yeah, I don't know what has happened to my normally organized self. If you find her, please send her back! I hope that this marks the end of Charla's sad cooking saga... at least for awhile. I'm so afraid that I'll have to throw that spaghetti squash out on top of it all.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says they are praying for charla:
ECingMama (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 11:14 AM   #65
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

oh hugs! I have had weeks like that. It is so frustrating and discouraging.

I like to heat the entire squash in the oven while it preheats. Then it is easier to cut. I cut it into rings, the strands are longer that way. lay flat on cookie sheet (I use pampered chef bar pans.) brush lightly w/oil. Bake for about 20 minutes at 400. I serve each person a ring and they 'shred' it. then we add sauce.

I also have no idea about dinner tonight. I bought the stuff to make cabbage roll casserole, but I'm processing my Zaycon chicken order all day. Thinking something easier would be better.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
charla (10-11-2017), ECingMama (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #66
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Taco pie, roasted green beans
Old 10-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #67
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

Crock pot chili out of the new THM cookbook. (It's a super lean turkey chili with tomatoes.) We've never had it before, but so far it smells quite tasty!

Charla, I've done the SAME THING this week! I don't know what's up with my planning, but I've forgotten something for each of three different dishes I planned to make. This chili has been on the plan for a couple of days - I went shopping yesterday with my meal plan and list. I went to put everything in the crock pot this morning, and I had no chili powder! I'm so glad there's a new grocery store 5 minutes away.
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
The Following User Says Thank You to ViolaMum For This Useful Post:
charla (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:17 PM   #68
charla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolaMum View Post
Crock pot chili out of the new THM cookbook. (It's a super lean turkey chili with tomatoes.) We've never had it before, but so far it smells quite tasty!

Charla, I've done the SAME THING this week! I don't know what's up with my planning, but I've forgotten something for each of three different dishes I planned to make. This chili has been on the plan for a couple of days - I went shopping yesterday with my meal plan and list. I went to put everything in the crock pot this morning, and I had no chili powder! I'm so glad there's a new grocery store 5 minutes away.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
ViolaMum (10-13-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 03:20 PM   #69
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Tacos! Maybe I will get a picture of ce we sit down. To them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
charla (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 04:15 PM   #70
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

Shredded bbq chicken sandwiches & maybe some casear salad

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
Old 10-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #71
charla
Administrator

The spaghetti squash was delicious. Thanks for the tips, Michelle.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 10-11-2017, 05:11 PM   #72
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to know the truth, more of my weeks in the kitchen are like that than not.

Tonight we had chicken thighs, smashed potatoes, and cornmeal crusted green beans (not as good as it sounds like they might be).

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
charla (10-11-2017), ViolaMum (10-13-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #73
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
The spaghetti squash was delicious. Thanks for the tips, Michelle.
You are quite welcome! I'm glad it turned out yummy!

We ended up having chicken soft tacos instead of BBQ chicken. Kid request and easy enough to switch.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Following User Says Thank You to The Tickle Momster For This Useful Post:
charla (10-11-2017)
Old 10-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #74
charla
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
If you want to know the truth, more of my weeks in the kitchen are like that than not.
I'm sorry. Hmm, maybe my expectations of myself are unreasonable.
Save

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 AM   #75
MamaNata
Rose Blossom

MamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of lightMamaNata is a glorious beacon of light

Fish and vegetable parcels with couscous. DD3's request!

Loving Mama to Ilya (14 June 1998)
Anastasia (1 January 2001)
Doubly blessed with Nikita and Nina (2 September 2002)
Inna (27 May 2004)
Nadya (18 January 2018)

Devoted Wife to Ivan the Soulmate and Best Friend the Good Lord blessed me with since 2 April 1996
Closed Thread