Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #1
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Toddler complaining of chest pain

My 2.75 year old has been complaining of stomach aches all week and part of last week. I thought it was constipation. She was extremely constipated. I've also thought it could be when she's hungry. But we've resolved the constipation (I think) and she is still saying her tummy hurts. Just now we asked her to show us where. She indicated her chest.

So I'm slightly freaked out. She seems to be breathing fine and her color is good, so it's not likely her heart or lungs, right? Heart and lungs are my first fear...

But then, we were in an accident a week and a half ago. We were rear ended at 45 mph when we were dead stopped. She was rear facing and her car seat chest clip left red marks on her chest for a couple hours. She was crying and screaming saying her neck hurt. We went to the emergency room and they concluded after touching her neck that she had no injuries.... but I'm wondering maybe she has a rib out of place or something that's causing pain... like a chiropractor visit maybe in order?

That seems more likely to me than like a heart condition or something. Idk. We have a call into the pediatrician now.
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitPatientlyOnTheLord For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toddler complaining of chest pain

Have them do an x-ray to see if she is still constipated and how far backed up it is. With constipation, it takes as long to get everything going as it did for it to become a problem and become painful.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Llee For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-17-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 05:44 PM   #3
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

I took my dd2 to the doctor for chest pain and he said chest pain in children in the absence of other signs/symptoms is almost never a serious problem. He checked her out and found nothing. I didn't originally take her in until she complained of it for a few days.

I would do chiro.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 05:45 PM   #4
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Does she have history of reflux?

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #5
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

I would follow up with chiro and PCP.

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post
I took my dd2 to the doctor for chest pain and he said chest pain in children in the absence of other signs/symptoms is almost never a serious problem. He checked her out and found nothing. I didn't originally take her in until she complained of it for a few days.

I would do chiro.
That's comforting to hear. I just got off the phone with the pedi. And he seemed really annoyed that we were calling. Admittedly that's cus I let DH handle it at first and he lead with the car accident issue. I was trying to figure out exactly what your ped addressed. When a child is complaining of chest pain is it like, "go to ER now" or something else.

We'll probably try to get an appointment for the morning she's been unbearably irritable this week. Like, I never don't want to be with my child, but at the end of each day I just want to cry and go on vacation alone. It's been an excruciating week. I'll talk to them about an xray.

No history of reflux.

Oh, she did have dairy exposure both last week and again on Monday. She used to puke whenever she accidentally got dairy.. We're vegan so she never deliberately gets it, but I'm pretty sure she's allergic.

Last edited by WaitPatientlyOnTheLord; 06-17-2016 at 06:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitPatientlyOnTheLord For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 06:06 PM   #7
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have Natural Calm or any other form of magnesium?

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bananacake For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananacake View Post
Do you have Natural Calm or any other form of magnesium?
I have cal-mag drink and also epsoom salt but she has a fear of water so epsome soak is out... I'm not sure on dosing with the cal-mag for a kiddo?
Old 06-17-2016, 08:00 PM   #9
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

My guess it's the combination of the constipation, being dairyed (that really messes with my kids) and the accident. I hope you can get it figured out soon.
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-17-2016), Llee (06-17-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #10
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

If someone else hit you, their insurance needs to pay for chiropractic care. In my state, it's covered for a year after the accident.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-17-2016), knitlove (06-18-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-17-2016)
Old 06-18-2016, 03:06 AM   #11
Wonder Woman
Deactivated
I support GCM!

Yep. I'm a 3.

Wonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond reputeWonder Woman has a reputation beyond repute

My kiddo used to complain of chest pain at that age, and we figured out (after several checkups!) that it was related to anxiety and he just didn't know how to explain it. Car accidents are very scary, and so is having your toddler experience chest pains. Praying for you all!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wonder Woman For This Useful Post:
bananacake (06-18-2016), ECingMama (06-18-2016), everybody's mother (06-22-2016), ReedleBeetle (06-18-2016), sweetpeasmommy (06-18-2016), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (06-18-2016)