Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:36 AM   #1
JoyGal
Rose Garden

JoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gallbladder Stuff

In November I starts getting some pains in the gallbladder area. They have increased over the months. (Usually with spicy food or red meat, which I've always eaten with no prob and in fact need red meat.) I went in and had bloodwork and an ultrasound from the ER and it seemed ok, no stones and bloodwork was good. Three months later, I started eating some fattier foods that I hadn't eaten in a few months and my stools changed to almost mucousy, loose, and extra nausea would come. Since last weekend, I started having the worst flare up with pain and nausea. I went to the dr yesterday and he's ordered a HIDA scan, which I have an appointment for next week.

I really *really* dread the thought of possible surgery to have it out. Of course, the people I know who've had their out have horror stories. At the same time, I can't help but wonder if having it out would help get rid of the nasty morning nausea I've gotten frequently over the years. Like I will wake up ok, but within an hour or two, my stomach feels full and sloshy and so gross.

I also just learned through a hormone test, that I still have some pretty intense adrenal fatigue going on. So that in itself irritates the organs (I've had so many other internal gut issues that are seemingly impossible to heal.) I'm also extremely low on iron. I can't hardly eat. My weight is super low. Some other hormones are a little off. My thyroid is off, but not bad enough for western meds.

Has anyone had their gallbladder out and had a good experience?
Any other thoughts?

I already have so many dietary restrictions that I can't afford to lose any more because of my already low weight and adrenal fatigue.

I feel like I just haven't had a break from sickness in 7 years

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

I will also add that often in the mornings, I will get up with a rotten feeling in my stomach like food from the day before didn't digest. That's been happening for years. Could that be related to a bad gallbladder?
This is the miracle of life. ~ Maureen Hawkins

My Hygge Page

Last edited by JoyGal; 06-17-2016 at 08:02 AM.
JoyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gallbladder Stuff

I would say it could be a lot of things and I wouldn't assume gallbladder. There are so many other things it could be. I think what you need is a good G.I. doc who is willing to be a detective and not dismiss anything, leave no stone unturned (no pun intended ), etc. Really what you are describing doesn't sound a whole lot like gallbladder to me.

What is your current diet like?

Are you taking probiotics?

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-17-2016)
Old 06-17-2016, 12:12 PM   #3
JoyGal
Rose Garden

JoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond reputeJoyGal has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't assumed gallbladder until this week. It had crossed my mind, but I've been in denial that it could be it. I talked to a gal this morning who said it sounded so much like hers and exactly like a friend of hers. I'm going in for a HIDA scan next week, which will either confirm or rule it out. I have all of the symptoms of a bad gallbladder.

I have worked with a gastroenterologist before and had no luck. Now, I have another appointment to see one but it's next month and only with the nurse practitioner. I've had a scope from both ends.

I'm thinking it may have gone bad during my last pregnancy. I've been sick since then. And just getting worse instead of better.

Honestly, I am praying for a real accurate answer that can help me. The desperation I've felt over the years and especially recently with this major pain is often debilitating.
This is the miracle of life. ~ Maureen Hawkins

My Hygge Page
JoyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoyGal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #4
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyGal View Post
I haven't assumed gallbladder until this week. It had crossed my mind, but I've been in denial that it could be it. I talked to a gal this morning who said it sounded so much like hers and exactly like a friend of hers. I'm going in for a HIDA scan next week, which will either confirm or rule it out. I have all of the symptoms of a bad gallbladder.

I have worked with a gastroenterologist before and had no luck. Now, I have another appointment to see one but it's next month and only with the nurse practitioner. I've had a scope from both ends.

I'm thinking it may have gone bad during my last pregnancy. I've been sick since then. And just getting worse instead of better.

Honestly, I am praying for a real accurate answer that can help me. The desperation I've felt over the years and especially recently with this major pain is often debilitating.
A lot of doctors are not very helpful. I would recommend the book "A Patient's Playbook" if you want some help navigating the medical system to get the diagnosis and care you need.

Getting sick from a pregnancy is terrible! It seems like if you're willing to go through that much to bring another person into the world, it shouldn't screw your body up permanently- that's just cruel!

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day

Last edited by Aerynne; 06-17-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #5
deena
Rose Garden

deena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond reputedeena has a reputation beyond repute

I had my gallbladder out. The surgery was soooooooo easy and the one gallbladder attack I had a few weeks before soooooooo painful that it was a great decision. So, if it goes that route for you I wouldn't worry at all. (I was even breastfeeding a newborn at the time.) I have since learned that progesterone regulates the gallbladder and I've struggled with low progesterone. Now I use progesterone cream to supplement my body. Perhaps, if I knew that then I could have fixed it more naturally. I'm glad you're looking into balancing your hormones. Given your adrenal fatigue and test results please consider supplementing with bio identical hormones. I found a group of nurse practitioners online who appear to really know what they are doing if you need a resource. They're called The Happy Hormone Cottage.

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

By the way, the IBS symptoms you described is exactly what happens to me if I take too much ox bile (I supplement with that now that I have no gall bladder) so it sounds like your gallbladder is actually dumping too much bile into your system. See if there is a name/diagnosis for that. The cure is probably the same as gallstones though (either removing the gallbladder or regulating your hormones better.)

26, 23, 19, 15, 12, 8, 2, <1
deena is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deena For This Useful Post: