Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 04-06-2020, 07:58 AM   #1
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

I really need somewhere to be accountable to stop sitting and doing nothing all day! I need to get back into a regular routine. Anyone want to jump in with what they want to get done today?

My list:

Quiet time
Walk the dogs
10 minute weights with dd
Shower - this must actually be listed these days
Clean my room and bathroom
Do mine and dh's laundry
Feed sourdough starter
Water plants
Open up my planner and do whatever chores are assigned there
Put notes to neighbors on their doors (I've had these for over a week and I'm scared to put them out not sure how the neighbors will receive them but I don't know how else to communicate with them! They basically just have my phone number and offer to help if anyone needs emotional or physical support)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
CelticJourney (04-06-2020), Llee (04-07-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Home Blessing Challenge April 6

Did you deliver the notes? I think that's great, even if only one is glad to know you're there.

I have never been less interested in blessing my home if that means cleaning. It's getting done, though. I did do two loads of laundry and made a quick trip to the grocery store. And I made chicken soup for dinner.

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-06-2020), Virginia (04-07-2020)
Old 04-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #3
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
Did you deliver the notes? I think that's great, even if only one is glad to know you're there.

I have never been less interested in blessing my home if that means cleaning. It's getting done, though. I did do two loads of laundry and made a quick trip to the grocery store. And I made chicken soup for dinner.
I'm not really interested in cleaning either. I am interested in keeping busy and not escaping into books/tv/social media. All of which are fine in moderation but I have a tendency to binge. I need to be somewhat productive or I'll get depressed.

I was doing great with my list and then she asked me to go on a job with him. It was a five minute job with a 30 minute drive each way, so basically we had car time. And since we were going right past Costco, we went ahead and got groceries. So my whole afternoon was pretty well taken up by this trip. I did not get the notes delivered but it's the top of my list tomorrow. I'll walk without the dogs and do it first thing.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Looking back at the list I did everything but clean my bedroom and deliver the notes! Not bad. And I cooked dinner and participated (minimally) in my Bible study group zoom call.

OT: anyone else not really feeling connected with zoom?

Singingmom (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 12:38 AM   #4
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I need this. I'm still doing the daily basics but I have barely touched any of my spring cleaning projects.

This pandemic isn't going to end any better/sooner just because I keep reading about it. I need to set aside some media free days.

Normally, I hardly pay attention to the news. Lately it's been far too much.

I'm looking forward to more balance.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (04-07-2020), Sweet Life (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I need this. I'm still doing the daily basics but I have barely touched any of my spring cleaning projects.

This pandemic isn't going to end any better/sooner just because I keep reading about it. I need to set aside some media free days.

Normally, I hardly pay attention to the news. Lately it's been far too much.

I'm looking forward to more balance.
Yes, this is exactly my motivation.

Today I've gotten dressed in workout clothes, had coffee, and finished a puzzle.

That's it.

I've totally been escaping life by doing jigsaw puzzles. So it's almost noon here and I'm going to start checking off my list.

First up is Bible reading and prayer.

Old 04-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #6
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

I feel so compelled to use this opportunity wisely. My husband does not.

One of my biggest frustrations is that I can decluttered a room but there is nowhere for those items to go since thrift stores are closed. So I have Piles of stuff in my living room and kitchen from decluttering other rooms and it is starting to drive me crazy. I don’t want to put it in the basement because we just spent hours sorting that out too.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:33 AM   #7
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons View Post
I feel so compelled to use this opportunity wisely. My husband does not.

One of my biggest frustrations is that I can decluttered a room but there is nowhere for those items to go since thrift stores are closed. So I have Piles of stuff in my living room and kitchen from decluttering other rooms and it is starting to drive me crazy. I don’t want to put it in the basement because we just spent hours sorting that out too.
That is definitely an issue if you are wanting to declutter! The only major project I've done these past few weeks is clean up the garage. Now I at least have space in there to put stuff and I've started a pile for the dump and a pile to donate.

I passed out my notes on one street then came in to print more for the other street. Got sidetracked packing up some homeschool books that I think I've sold. The buyer was asking questions and I had to go through all the books to answer her. I went ahead and boxed them up. It'll be $300!

Now I'm taking a break. Next up, deliver the rest of the notes but now it's hot!

Mother of Sons (04-07-2020), Singingmom (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 11:49 AM   #8
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

It’s almost 3:00 here.
I did a full load of laundry— washed, dried, folded, put away
Baked banana bread
Swept downstairs
Clorox wipes downstairs surfaces
Worked out for 30 minutes
Did some work emails/Facebook posting
Did an entire load of dishes

All this was made possible by
-Letting DD1 wear pajamas all day
-Rice and beans sensory bin
-Electric baby swing
-White noise
-An episode of Little Baby Bum on NetFlix

I think I’m gonna take the evening off from chores and do some writing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (04-07-2020), heartofjoy (04-07-2020), Singingmom (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 01:37 PM   #9
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I'm heading outside to do some yard work. It's sunny today so I will try to get outside when the weather is nice. I like being able to work at a pace of "no care in the world."

In two hours I have an online meeting, so sometime before then I'll brush my hair and put on earrings and lipstick (it makes all the difference for me when I see how I look online!).
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-07-2020), Singingmom (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #10
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Virginia, good luck with the writing tonight!

RR, I wish I could muster up some energy to work in the yard. I just can't get started. I have do many excuses.

I finished my notes and showered and dressed cute (shorts and t-shirts here in central Texas!) Then I went to Walmart I had ordered a puzzle to pickup inside the store and I am desperate for cream, so I figured since I was going on anyway, I would actually shop. I got the kids Easter stuff and some things from my grocery list (they were out of several things) and I got myself some pretty kitchen stuff some of which I really needed, like oven mitts. I'm going to post a picture in the divoc thread.

---------- Post added at 05:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Oh and I talked to my mom for a bit!

Singingmom (04-07-2020), Virginia (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #11
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
RR, I wish I could muster up some energy to work in the yard. I just can't get started. I have do many excuses.
[COLOR="Silver"]
Desiree, I saw your list. My list today only consists of one thing. My house is getting messier and dirtier by the day but soon enough there will be rainy days when I can focus on inside the house. I spent altogether too long taking deadwood out of one tree, and shaping the spiral of another. I haven't had much time to really tend to our shrubs for a couple of years so I am enjoying this extra time. DD will make dinner tonight so I will head out again to the yard after my snack.

Also, my meeting was postponed until Thursday. It's another no make-up day!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 04:05 PM   #12
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post
Desiree, I saw your list. My list today only consists of one thing. My house is getting messier and dirtier by the day but soon enough there will be rainy days when I can focus on inside the house. I spent altogether too long taking deadwood out of one tree, and shaping the spiral of another. I haven't had much time to really tend to our shrubs for a couple of years so I am enjoying this extra time. DD will make dinner tonight so I will head out again to the yard after my snack.

Also, my meeting was postponed until Thursday. It's another no make-up day!
Regarding yardwork, it would all be starting from scratch. So think breaking sod, digging out rocks, lining beds, all the difficult grunt work. And honestly, deciding where and what to plant is the biggest hurdle for me. I need a plan!

If it was just pruning and weeding and even planting in existing beds, I'd be out there all the time.

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

And yay for the postponed meeting! I'm honestly hating the zoom calls.

RiverRock (04-08-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #13
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I washed and re-hung all the shower curtains today. (We have FOUR bathrooms. )

Did my normal laundry, dishes, sweeping, vacuuming, Bible study, and managing homeschool & appointments.

I usually workout in the evening. I've been keeping up my regular workout routine and add in a daily walk.

So thankful dinner is leftover soup tonight. I'm making chickpea blondies right now.

Tomorrow-- I want to start on my closet. My goal is to work on it for 15 minutes. It's clothes my 11 yo has outgrown. I need to sort by size and figure out what to keep. Which won't be much.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Singingmom (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 05:18 PM   #14
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

I'm jealous of your 4 bathrooms! Even though that's a lot of bathrooms to clean.

I hope you like the blondies! That was my suggestion. I love them and I've passed them out to people who are so surprised that they are chickpeas!

You did a lot today. I'm having wine with dinner and thinking I should go upstairs and actually clean my room before I give up for the day.

Mother of Sons (04-07-2020)
Old 04-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #15
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I decided to shower tonight instead of write. And now the baby is being fussy.
Better luck tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote