Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 09-25-2019, 09:16 AM   #1
Littledisciples
Rose Garden

My sweet girls who have given me strength to endure

Littledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond reputeLittledisciples has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mom stages?

Do you ever feel like you don’t belong. Sometimes being a mom once your kids are older it’s as if the world thinks you don’t matter. I know it’s hard having little ones because I been there done it. My kids are all teens and its still hard but you get no support. Once your kids are grown I guess it will be even worse.

Mom of Kayla 2000, Katie 2001 and Kira 2004
Step Mom of B girl 1995, S girl 1998, J boy 2001, J girl 2002, M girl 2002, K girl 2003, S girl 2004

Grandma to J Dec 2014, J May 2017, G November 2018

Sometimes our life is crazy but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Resting with Jesus Seth, Mercy, Love, Serenity, Hope, Whisper and Clare bear
Littledisciples is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Littledisciples For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mom stages?

It's a stage and all stages pass. As my kids grew up, I found other groups to join. Then they got married and now I'm a grandmother.

I rarely feel like I really belong in a group, because I had such a unconventional upbringing. But I have learned to find common ground and focus on it. The important thing is to love (agape) people and focus on glorifying God. Everything else falls into place.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
Allison (09-27-2019), everybody's mother (09-29-2019), hollybells (09-25-2019), Littledisciples (09-25-2019), passthemanna (09-25-2019), The Tickle Momster (09-25-2019), twoplustwo (09-25-2019), Vicki_T (09-26-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I sure do. Moms my age (40s) usually have lots of free time. I have teenagers, middle kids, and a toddler. I'm still in the toddler stage even with teenagers. Moms my age eventually stopped inviting me to things because I could never attend. On the other hand, I'm so so so done with preschool playdates. I cannot stand hanging out at a playground with a bunch of moms I barely know (and who are probably much younger than me) because I've been doing it for so many years now.

Also, my parenting journey with teens is quite atypical.

I do have some close friends, though, but I'm done with groups and meet-ups. And I get introduced to people who are new to the area all the time. Especially if they also homeschool, there's a push to have a get together with them. I just don't have the energy right now.

We love our homeschool co-op but I'm pretty busy while I'm there and I don't do large scale socializing anymore. I seek out my close friends for a quick catch up.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Lady Grey (09-25-2019), Littledisciples (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 01:31 PM   #4
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Yes, I sure do. Moms my age (40s) usually have lots of free time. I have teenagers, middle kids, and a toddler. I'm still in the toddler stage even with teenagers. Moms my age eventually stopped inviting me to things because I could never attend. On the other hand, I'm so so so done with preschool playdates. I cannot stand hanging out at a playground with a bunch of moms I barely know (and who are probably much younger than me) because I've been doing it for so many years now.

Also, my parenting journey with teens is quite atypical.

I do have some close friends, though, but I'm done with groups and meet-ups. And I get introduced to people who are new to the area all the time. Especially if they also homeschool, there's a push to have a get together with them. I just don't have the energy right now.

We love our homeschool co-op but I'm pretty busy while I'm there and I don't do large scale socializing anymore. I seek out my close friends for a quick catch up.
I think this is quite common. One of the major things I found after moving is that there is no way to meet moms my age ( I am almo 40) they all have there friends and aren't interested in meeting anyone new or hanging out in groups where that would even happen. All the mom's I have met at coop have kids wiggle worm's age or younger ( and most of thoes that is there oldest) no one with kids in upper elementary.

I feel like when your oldest is preschool you find your group of friends. I hope that there will another point where I can find friends.

Right now I am collecting ' friends' who are younger than my parents but who have kids who are collage age or a bit older. People who think my girls are wonderful and adorable because they miss having little kids and don't yet have grandkids.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Littledisciples (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I've realized that I need friends who will actually BE MY FRIEND no matter what our kid-husband-church situations looks like. After having people sort of leave me behind because of changing kid and church situations, now I really focus on those friends that I perceive care about me no matter where we are in life. I have a friend with college age to 7 months! We make time for each other even when it's hard. Another friend lives far away and her kids started public school and we homeschool but we message all day every day to start in touch. We support each other through our daily ups and downs. It's great!

I don't feel like I have a group. I see groups around me and I'm not in them. I'm mostly okay with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Katigre (09-25-2019), Littledisciples (09-25-2019), WanderingJuniper (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I've realized that I need friends who will actually BE MY FRIEND no matter what our kid-husband-church situations looks like.
Useing this definition I have one friend - she lives across the countey and isn't married. I have two or three other people I left in Vermont who we will see if I can keep up with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Littledisciples (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #7
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

It’s hard having toddlers to teens and it’s hard homeschooling- those two things make it tough to feel like I belong.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Littledisciples (09-25-2019), Soliloquy (09-26-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
I've realized that I need friends who will actually BE MY FRIEND no matter what our kid-husband-church situations looks like. After having people sort of leave me behind because of changing kid and church situations, now I really focus on those friends that I perceive care about me no matter where we are in life. I have a friend with college age to 7 months! We make time for each other even when it's hard. Another friend lives far away and her kids started public school and we homeschool but we message all day every day to start in touch. We support each other through our daily ups and downs. It's great!

I don't feel like I have a group. I see groups around me and I'm not in them. I'm mostly okay with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
This is kind of where I’m at too. I don’t really have a Groupon i fit in. I have friends I can count on but they don’t crossover into a group. I never really fit. When my kids were little I was younger than most their moms of littles in our area. People my age didn’t have kids. I “fit” enough when my kids were elementary aged but as they became teens I was out again because I started working outside of the home and they often got together during school hours. Now I just kind of don’t care about fitting. If I go out with a group of people they are fun acquaintances that range from 21-60.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Littledisciples (09-26-2019)
Old 09-26-2019, 12:08 PM   #9
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

We've lived in 3 states since having kids. I've had to start over. It is hard.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (09-29-2019), Littledisciples (09-30-2019)
The Following User Says they are praying for Soliloquy:
Littledisciples (09-30-2019)