Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 AM   #1
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute
Default My cleaning challenge

So I always want to do one of those cleaning challenges but they are never just right for me.

So I am making my own for what I need to do. If it works for you, please join me. If it doesnt, pop in and hold me accountable!

Here it is, its just 4 days for this week (with the thought if some doesn't get finished - it gives me 2 days to catch up).

Each day has a long, medium and short task.

Day 1:
L: clean 1 room (dust & everything) - I am picking the guest bedroom since it will be used in 2 weeks.
M: vacuum/sweep the whole house
S: 5 minutes cleaning my hot spot (its a little cabinet where i dump stuff)

Day 2:
L: Deep clean tubs/showers.
M: mop kitchen & dining room
S: 5 minutes hot spot

Day 3:
L: clean another room - Master bedroom
M: vacuum & sweep house
S: 5 minutes on my hot spot

Day 4:
L: upstairs hall closet
M: dust/windex hall & kids room
S: (revised) 5 minute cleaning laundry area
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16

Last edited by twoplustwo; 06-03-2015 at 03:25 AM.
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My cleaning challenge

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #3
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

I know. This is a great idea. I need a challenge where I do put stuff like
"Collect all the stray tea, coffee, and water cups that have accumulated in various rooms of the house, and return them to the kitchen."
Or
"Collect all the dirty laundry that is on the floor and place in correct hampers."
or
"Pick up all the toilet paper that toddler has pulled off the roll onto the bathroom floor and dispose of properly."
Baby steps

Cheering you on!

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a great list!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (06-01-2015)
Old 06-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

I am done with day 1!

Not looking forward to the shower/tub thing. That is my very least favorite chore. Very last. Laundry is first, tubs are last. Ugh! Im so not looking forward to it. But when I cleaned the bathrooms last week, I skipped the tubs and the master shower really needs a good deep cleaning.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
Old 06-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
I am done with day 1!

Not looking forward to the shower/tub thing. That is my very least favorite chore. Very last. Laundry is first, tubs are last. Ugh! Im so not looking forward to it. But when I cleaned the bathrooms last week, I skipped the tubs and the master shower really needs a good deep cleaning.
hey that's what kids are for at least that is what i thought as a kid and now what my kids probably think although the whole "good cleaning" still has to happen after kids do a chore !

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;

Old 06-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #7
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

My mom, brother, & his family will be visiting next week. Our house is in kinda bad shape because I've been working tons of hours, dh has been painting several rooms (thus everything was topsy turvy), and I'm exhausted from being in my first trimester.

I need to:

Wash, dry, fold, & put away a billion loads of laundry. Thursday night will be my "stay up until it's done" night.

Clean all the bathrooms.

Reorganize two of the kids rooms.

Mop the kitchen.

Dust the whole house.

Mow the lawn.

Finish planting the garden, blueberry patch, and the flowers.

Oh, and my dh is out of town.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplustwo View Post
I am done with day 1!

Have you tried using a magic eraser? I love it for showers and tubs.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #8
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I'm exhausted from being in my first trimester.

WAIT . . . WHAT . . . ? Did I miss an announcement?! Is this what I think it is?

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mommylove For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (06-06-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 04:33 AM   #9
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

(total surprise)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (06-06-2015), mommylove (06-02-2015)
Old 06-02-2015, 06:20 AM   #10
twoplustwo

Quote:
laundry.

Dust the whole house.
Mow the lawn.
Finish planting
Oh, and my dh is out of town.

Have you tried using a magic eraser? I love it for showers and tubs.
I did all the laundry yesterday & even put some of it away. Ill also put the rest of it away today! But after the tubs! Must do the tubs before I lose all will power.

Dust the downstairs will be part of next week's challenge!
I do need to mow this week but if I dont get to it, dh will (sorry yours is out of town. Im only so awesome because of his support. )
I desperately need to weed though. Maybe this weekend.

Yes, Ill definitely use a magic eraser! I have some on hand!

Quote:
(total surprise)
Squeeee!

My friend just had a baby in April and we went strawberry picking with them yesterday and I got to hold the baby and I am all baaaaaabbbbyyy now!

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseforjoy View Post
hey that's what kids are for at least that is what i thought as a kid and now what my kids probably think although the whole "good cleaning" still has to happen after kids do a chore !
Ok, so you inspired me. I told the kids now that their bathroom is thoroughly clean it is their responsibility to clean it once a week. (I will probably still do the toilets bc that chemical is nasty!)

They are both totally on board with it (because I am not making them do it right now. Next week they may be less enthused. )
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (06-02-2015)
Old 06-03-2015, 03:26 AM   #11
twoplustwo

I really am good when I write things down! Despite being out of the house from noon til 8:30 last night, I completed day 2!

And this am, my little dumping hot spot is totally cleaned & organized! So I was able to revise my 5 minute task for tomorrow.
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 06-03-2015, 07:04 AM   #12
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

i always know when their bathroom needs a good cleaning because they stop using it and come upstairs instead

Psalm 13

The Following User Says Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (06-04-2015)
Old 06-04-2015, 01:42 PM   #13
twoplustwo

I did all 4 days! Yay!

I plan to get all 3 bathrooms cleaned this weekend - which should be easy since the tubs should be relatively clean. And then start a new challenge next week!
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #14
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I got some laundry folded today but am in bed now, not watching a movie and folding more.

I organized the kids' rooms.

Tomorrow I'll do the bathrooms, dust, mow the lawn, and go grocery shopping. The planting will have to wait. Too tired.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
twoplustwo (06-05-2015)
Old 06-08-2015, 03:56 AM   #15
twoplustwo

Ok, so I never cleaned the bathrooms this weekend so its a must for today.

So today it's raining & we have no plans until this evening.
Bathrooms (MUST!)
Vaccuum/Sweep all floors
Change out hummingbird feeder food

I also need to do laundry today but that is a chore I am really good at so I don't need to list it to make it happen. Oh & I need to bake & frost cupcakes for this evenings thing.

Then if I have time, I might start on some of the things I need to do later this week:
dust/windex all of downstairs
clean out/reorganize toy room closet (doesn't have any toys in it, its just its location)
clean washer/dryer area
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)