Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Gentle Discipline *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Gentle Discipline *Public* A public forum.
GCM Webpage: Gentle Discipline

Old 02-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #376
tnaallen
Rose Garden

tnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant futuretnaallen has a brilliant future
Default Re: Yelling Support Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny_islander View Post
I have two girls who yell at each other at the drop of a hat, get into screaming matches, and then the toddler joins in on general principle, and if I want them to hear me I have to be VERY VERY LOUD. So what do I do?

ETA: I am yelling things like, "YOU ARE IN YOUR FIGHT CORNER AGAIN. NO, I DO NOT CARE WHO STARTED IT. YOU, GET OUT OF THAT CORNER AND GO TO YOUR ROOM. YOU, GET OUT OF THAT CORNER AND SIT ON THE COUCH. NO, NOBODY GETS TO STAY IN THE FIGHT CORNER. I WILL TELL YOU WHEN YOU CAN MOVE." (One goes to some corner or other, the other follows and gets all up in her business, and the next thing I know my ears are ringing.) Five minutes later, they're up and playing again.
That! That's my house exactly!
tnaallen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tnaallen For This Useful Post:
gpsings (02-07-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #377
shirelingmum
Rose Bouquet

"My lips will praise You!"

Location: Pacific Northwest (otherwise known as Middle Earth)
shirelingmum is a glorious beacon of lightshirelingmum is a glorious beacon of lightshirelingmum is a glorious beacon of lightshirelingmum is a glorious beacon of lightshirelingmum is a glorious beacon of lightshirelingmum is a glorious beacon of light
raindrop (or tear) Re: Yelling Support Thread

I think I am crazy. And I know what I am doing is wrong. Not just screaming but yanking them around, shoving them, pulling hair, grabbing faces...blind rage. Screaming, bellowing and yelling. You would never know I knew a thing about grace much less Christ. It's disgusting. They yell at each other all the time...I can't stand to be around them...I exile them to play in their room constantly...my poor little 7 week old must have gotten so used to me screaming when pregnant it doesn't seem to phase her
My spirit is dry from not spending time delving into the water of the Word...I am at a total loss. Hormonal doesn't even begging to describe how I feel. My poor hobbits need relief from me-I have become so punitive and nasty and mean that they don't even enjoy me anymore-they flinch whenever I am near...scream foul frustrated things at me and each other...I can't even help them navigate through their own big feelings because I don't even know how to control my own. I do t know what the triggers are bEcause it's everything. Counting...removing myself...deep breathing...none of it works....I don't know what to do....sobbing right now because I am so freaked out and shamed at myself and angry and upset that I say I love children...but am basically just abusive....all the time. Please help. And please move this somewhere more private if possible. Thanks .
shirelingmum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say they are praying for shirelingmum:
Barefoot Bookworm (04-21-2012), Dovenoir (04-17-2012), Drew (04-19-2012), Elspeth (04-17-2012), GlobalMama (04-17-2012), gpsings (04-18-2012), mollobe (04-17-2012), Naked Camper (04-17-2012), Redeemed (04-18-2012), swimming with sharks (04-18-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #378
GlobalMama
Climbing Rose

Missing these sweet moments

GlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond repute

Mcilvainmama, This is me to a T. Have you considered post partum depression or ever post partum psychosis? I yelled at DS while slamming a door and telling him I hated him the other day with such rage and anger that I scared myself and my newborn didn't flinch either. Poor soul is used to my rampages I suppose. I've yelled in the past. I'm not perfect. But this is WAY beyond anything I've ever done in the past. Way beyond it. I have horrible post partum depression. So bad I'm taking a couple meds and I'm not a med person.

Mama to these tiny fries:

The philosopher 1/13/2010 (C/S)
The broadway star 3/23/2012 (CBAC)

The x-games participant (Breech HBA2C) 4/28/2014

The baby of the bunch (2HBA2C) 3/30/2016

Always missing and loving Samuel and Sascha 3/14/2011

INTJ to a fault
GlobalMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GlobalMama For This Useful Post:
gpsings (04-18-2012)
The Following User Says they are praying for GlobalMama:
Drew (04-19-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #379
Naked Camper
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Naked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond repute

Can I join you all? Sadly, I have a short fuse too. Need to get much better about my temper.

Married to my best friend of 17 years
Mommy to:
baby Micheal ('03)
Malachi - 8
Corban - 5
Asher -4
Evangeline - 2

Fruit of Labor Placenta Encapsulation
Naked Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:10 AM   #380
simplegirl
Rose Garden

She's a good girl, loves her Mama, loves Jesus, and Kentucky too

simplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond repute

mcilvainmama and Globalmama ...I could've written that when my youngest was 7 weeks, and that was 4 years ago. The sun can and will come out. I don't know all the physiological aspects of it to really explain it but I do know it was a crazy mix of hormonal imbalances. In my journey, I went to an herbalist, counseling, a regular md, back to the herbalist and found an integrative doctor who believed in changing things with diet and supplements. There are things that can help if there is an imbalance. I have much more empathy for moms on edge because I was one.
Coleman 2007
Josie 2018

Last edited by simplegirl; 07-03-2012 at 01:52 PM.
simplegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to simplegirl For This Useful Post:
Dovenoir (04-18-2012), jmom1984 (04-18-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #381
StoryOfGrace
Rose Garden

INFP...Don't mind me!

StoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond reputeStoryOfGrace has a reputation beyond repute

I think I need to join you ladies If nothing, just to lurk and absorb ideas. My dad was a yeller, and mom was too to a lesser extent. I catch myself doing it when I have to repeat myself (and who doesn't have to repeat themselves when they have a toddler?!).
Yeah, I want to do better. I want to be better.

"Nobody knows what we're for only what we're against when we judge the wounded.
What if we put down our signs, crossed over the lines, and loved like You did?
"
~Casting Crowns

StoryOfGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StoryOfGrace For This Useful Post:
gpsings (04-19-2012), Naked Camper (04-18-2012), Tandem mama (04-19-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #382
Naked Camper
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Naked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond reputeNaked Camper has a reputation beyond repute

It is so hard when you come from a family of yellers. Both of my parents are yellers too. They still yell....

Married to my best friend of 17 years
Mommy to:
baby Micheal ('03)
Malachi - 8
Corban - 5
Asher -4
Evangeline - 2

Fruit of Labor Placenta Encapsulation
Naked Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Naked Camper For This Useful Post:
Drew (04-19-2012), gpsings (04-19-2012), StoryOfGrace (04-19-2012), Tandem mama (04-19-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 AM   #383
Elspeth
Rose Trellis

Hold on tight and pretend it's a plan.

Elspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond reputeElspeth has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a way to make this thread private? I want to join but I don't want to post it in a public forum.

Breathe in peace, breathe out love. And drink coffee. Lots of coffee.
Elspeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #384
Tandem mama
Rose Garden

In my world everyone's a pony

Tandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond reputeTandem mama has a reputation beyond repute

I was doing great about yelling until I got stressed about my grandma dying. Then my big feelings kept coming out at the girls. I started running and it's helped some

Married since 2007 to my Apple-geeky artist Don (INTJ)
Mommy to Lydia (1/08) "Nature is really dirty"
Charlotte (7/10) "me am not chawlotte me are batman"
Introducing Nolan January 11, 2014

Tandem mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:09 PM   #385
Emerald Orchid
Rose Garden

Emerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond reputeEmerald Orchid has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having a really hard time not yelling at bedtime lately. It's so hard to get DS2 to stay in bed and stop calling me 15 million times. I'm pregnancy exhausted too.

I yelled at them really hard tonight. The small consolation is that it was to say "I'm so tired and I need you to sleep, I can't do this anymore!" so I was speaking up my feelings and not saying mean things. They quieted down. I went in to apologize 5 minutes later.

I really need to be able to control myself even when I'm exhausted.

French-Canadian / Reader / TrailRunner / T4 / INTj / Wife to S
SAHM to 3 DS
Z (8.5) M (6.5) and T (3.5)
Adopting from China
Emerald Orchid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for Emerald Orchid:
Dovenoir (04-20-2012), swimming with sharks (04-28-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 09:35 PM   #386
GlobalMama
Climbing Rose

GlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond reputeGlobalMama has a reputation beyond repute

Marie-Eve. I was a nightmare while pregnant and for the first 2 weeks postpartum.

INTJ to a fault
Emerald Orchid (04-20-2012)
Old 04-19-2012, 09:46 PM   #387
ArmsOfLove
Rose Garden

ArmsOfLove has disabled reputation

PPD/PPP are very real. Sleep deprivation can affect us in horrible ways. Reaching out for a support network and being vulnerable to people who can help us is such an important thing.
ArmsOfLove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ArmsOfLove For This Useful Post:
Emerald Orchid (04-20-2012), GlobalMama (04-21-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #388
musiclady
Rose Bouquet

musiclady is just really nicemusiclady is just really nicemusiclady is just really nicemusiclady is just really nicemusiclady is just really nice

things are interesting in our house. we have put locks on our doors because the 5 yo and 8 yo are stealing and lying. i am looking for a mothers helper to help a few days a week.
Posted via Mobile Device
musiclady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #389
GlobalMama
Climbing Rose

Yes, Crystal They are very real and it's a shame that people are so isolated after giving birth because I think it makes it so much worse. I give thanks every day for GCM.

INTJ to a fault
ArmsOfLove (04-21-2012)
Old 04-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #390
Bethany89
Rose Bush

Bethany89 is a jewel in the roughBethany89 is a jewel in the roughBethany89 is a jewel in the roughBethany89 is a jewel in the rough

I'm having a hard time with yelling lately. I am struggling to understand her behavior lately and it's making it rough here
mollobe (04-21-2012)