Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 09-19-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tell me what you know re several potential issues: mercury, mold illness

Went to a new functional doctor because my PCP is concerned about my overall well being and she works directly with one. The functional doctor thinks I have many issues
1. mercury issues (not sure if she said poisoning)?
2. mold illness
3. post concussion disorder (she thinks it's still affecting me more than I realize). This is the only one I don't have a question about. She wants me to try 2/wk in a HBOT (hyperbaric). I know a TON about that due to my hospital being the first local HBOT. I agree fully but have to find the time to do it. I was open about that.

I was texting w Lisa and she mentioned removing mercury (chelation I think she said) can be dangerous. Or I think that's what she said? I am going to take her. I need research and I know nothing about any of this. I just know mercury is bad and I don't have any mercury fillings anymore but they were not removed "properly" in the eyes of a biological dentist.

The second thing -- mold illness - my questions -- when and why to treat? and how to know if you need to treat?? My functional doctor wants me to take welchol because I'm showing all the symptoms of mold illness I am no longer in a moldy environment and I know I am not. I am pretty sure was working in a moldy office for 2 years part time and that ended 3 years ago. Glad in hindsight I got laid off.

It's such a blur because she was throwing so much at me at once and I was there for thrush and she immediately went to cause vs thrush as i've been on an anticandida diet for a long long long time. She said it's time to look at cause and not just diet and treatment.

Thanks for any insight you have.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
FlyingBlueKiwi
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

FlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingBlueKiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me what you know re several potential issues: mercury, mold illness

Mold illness often has to do with where you live.

Go Team Lioness!!!
FlyingBlueKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlyingBlueKiwi For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #3
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tell me what you know re several potential issues: mercury, mold illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBlueKiwi View Post
Mold illness often has to do with where you live.
Lisa said that too and I am aware of mold illness VERY vaguely so I knew that. I am 90% certain I don't have mold in my home. BUT we are also moving in less than a month so we are also testing our new to us home as I have read that mold can be invisible . I said that to the doctor but she was unconvinced.

The welchol is a binder that removes other toxins besides so I am not opposed because SOMETHING in my gut is causing me to have constant chronic thrush and candida. So if we can bind it and get it out that would be better Plus now I have a fungal infection on my foot so we are positive it's systemic and I know enough to know starting with getting whatever is the issue out of my GI system is the first step. I am just not sure exactly what welchol binds If it's just a very very strong binder that does all toxins, I am all for that but if it is mold only, not quite as convinced I should use it .

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
The Following User Says they are praying for tempus vernum:
FlyingBlueKiwi (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 08:01 AM   #4
SewingGreenMama
Rose Trellis

Deuteronomy 11:19

SewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond repute

Chelation can be dangerous and should NEVER be attempted without medical supervision. But it is a valid treatment for Mercury toxicity. A friend of mine did it with her son and the healing they saw was truly miraculous. I do highly recommend it if the functional medicine Dr is experienced or working in tandem with an experienced Dr.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"If punishment were necessarily reformative, and able to cure us all of those 'sins we have a mind to,' why, the world would be a very good world;" -Charlotte Mason, Parents and Children pg. 172

W&C 8/4/06; G 15yo , M 11yo , S 8/29/13 , V 8yo , Baby 2yo
SewingGreenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SewingGreenMama For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #5
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Here is where I get the idea that welchol binds all toxins. I am a little afraid of this prescription and it's still at the pharmacy

http://lymeroad.com/blog/a-quick-gui...stinal%20tract.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingGreenMama View Post
Chelation can be dangerous and should NEVER be attempted without medical supervision. But it is a valid treatment for Mercury toxicity. A friend of mine did it with her son and the healing they saw was truly miraculous. I do highly recommend it if the functional medicine Dr is experienced or working in tandem with an experienced Dr.

If I am not mistaken, she said "if mercury comes back high, we will have an entire visit for that as it's a whole protocol of it's own and too detailed to get into at your first visit"

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
SewingGreenMama
Rose Trellis

Deuteronomy 11:19

SewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond reputeSewingGreenMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
Here is where I get the idea that welchol binds all toxins. I am a little afraid of this prescription and it's still at the pharmacy

http://lymeroad.com/blog/a-quick-gui...stinal%20tract.

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

If I am not mistaken, she said "if mercury comes back high, we will have an entire visit for that as it's a whole protocol of it's own and too detailed to get into at your first visit"
That makes sense. It was a whole process and it wasn't quick either. I think the whole protocol they had to follow was 6 months.

"If punishment were necessarily reformative, and able to cure us all of those 'sins we have a mind to,' why, the world would be a very good world;" -Charlotte Mason, Parents and Children pg. 172

W&C 8/4/06; G 15yo , M 11yo , S 8/29/13 , V 8yo , Baby 2yo
SewingGreenMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 09:01 AM   #7
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingGreenMama View Post
That makes sense. It was a whole process and it wasn't quick either. I think the whole protocol they had to follow was 6 months.

Yes she said once my results come in we go from there

Old 09-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #8
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to ensure your items do not have mold before you move. Obviously not everything needs to be considered, but things like rugs, furniture....

My friend recently had major remediation for her home's mold and got lots of info from various people about how not so great the service is usually handled. Seems like the providers don't tend to believe it's much of an issue and take shortcuts and stuff. So bear that in mind.

I don't remember much of what she did for her body, but do recall her taking supplements to support her liver during that time.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MegMarch For This Useful Post:
SewingGreenMama (09-19-2020), tempus vernum (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 11:05 AM   #9
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

One interesting fact- due to where we live mold can be airborne entirely and take over any house (humidity, rain and high Mold spores in The air. Especially in fall. She told me what kind of air purifier she wants us to use

Old 09-19-2020, 12:12 PM   #10
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

If you are taking something to detox from mold or metals, you will want to be sure to replace minerals that are used up by detoxing. Something like humic and fulvic acid is my preferred way to get minerals and is generally well absorbed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (09-20-2020), SewingGreenMama (09-19-2020), tempus vernum (09-19-2020)
Old 09-19-2020, 11:56 PM   #11
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Have you ever taken Florastor at 3 a day for a month? I cannot remember if we discussed Florastor.

I think in the early days of chelation they were unaware and they did harm some people. I'm sure they've learned a lot since then. But I'd want to be very clear about what will be done to insure that necessary minerals are maintained, how they will determine if the chelation is working, and how they will determine when to stop.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (09-20-2020), tempus vernum (09-20-2020)
Old 09-20-2020, 04:19 PM   #12
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Have you ever taken Florastor at 3 a day for a month? I cannot remember if we discussed Florastor.

I think in the early days of chelation they were unaware and they did harm some people. I'm sure they've learned a lot since then. But I'd want to be very clear about what will be done to insure that necessary minerals are maintained, how they will determine if the chelation is working, and how they will determine when to stop.
Yes I used florastar heavily. It went away for a few weeks. Maybe I should get it again. There seems to be a cause as I’ve tried so many things

Sigh. I’m so frustrated w all of this. The binder I’m taking makes me feel like a basketball has taken residence. The welchol basically works like like a super strong charcoal that attracts toxins

Old 09-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #13
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

If florastor helped, I'd get it again. It's not supposed to be able to colonize so there's no risk of SIBO, in theory.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #14
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Are you tolerating the cleaning smells a work? I wouldn’t be able to.

I felt ill for a week after my fillings were replaced. Biological dentist said lots of C. Obviously, I love her. Lol

I just read about quercetin helping with several of your issues. Tomorrow I’ll get the links, so you can read about it yourself. Each article is specific to an issue. Inflammation, asthma, etc. I am intrigued. It’s cheap too.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 06:39 AM   #15
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

Yes I’m tolerating Cleaning smells at work. Except as always certain people’s perfume. At which point I wheeze which has been a constant for the last 30 years.

I thought I was taking a very high potency Turmeric/quercetin for my back for a year . hmmm.. but just realized it is primarily curcumin.

The thrush has gone way farther than my previous thrush and is way worse and turned into a ridiculous amount of issues. I also realize that stress And lack of sleep is likely a portion of this.