Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Amythestmama
Rose Garden

Amythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Painful periods

I've always had painful periods. Since they started when I was in 5th grade. It got better after having kids, I didn't have many periods between babies Now that my littlest will be 5 next week, I've had a few years of them again. They've been painful, not unbearable but painful. Then the last 3 months they've been so painful that I can barely get out of bed for 2-3 days out of each period which last 6-8 days. I can't even stand up straight when I do get out of bed. The cramps are just like labor pains- well, what I felt as labor pains when I was dilated to a 7 and up. Before that it wasn't so bad. I can't control the pain with ibuprofen and pamprin which has Tylenol and an antihistamine in it. Ice and heat doesn't help. I just curl up and try to breathe through it but often I end up bawling anyway. Those 2-3 days I also bleed like there's no tomorrow. It's pushing my luck to drive the kids to and from school 3 times a day. So. What can I do?? Any advice?? Thoughts??
I do drink raspberry leaf tea daily, take calcium and magnesium supplements along with a daily multivitiamin. Those things are supposed to help. But they're not and I'm not a happy camper!
OnAMission (03-19-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 01:28 PM   #2
MidnightCafe
Rose Garden

MidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightCafe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Painful periods

What kind of "sanitary" products do you use? Pads, tampons, cloth, cup? Many women find that when they switch to natural products their periods get lighter and less painful.

I need vitamin B & potassium supplements in order to survive my life. Potassium can have a lot to do with muscles being able to release.

Do you have clots?
Old 03-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #3
Katigre
Rose Garden

Why thank you, it is naturally blue...

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Have you seen a Dr and been checked for fibroids and endometriosis?

Honestly I would look into ablation or other medical intervention at this point.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Katigre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Katigre For This Useful Post:
camperjen (03-14-2015), Johns_Gal (03-13-2015), JoyfulMom (03-12-2015), KarenBoo (03-19-2015), MercyInDisguise (03-13-2015), Virginia (03-12-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 02:37 PM   #4
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

also i wonder if afterease would help

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
Katigre (03-12-2015), MercyInDisguise (03-13-2015)
Old 03-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
Katigre
Rose Garden

Katigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond reputeKatigre has a reputation beyond repute

Oh after ease is a great thought!

Old 03-12-2015, 02:43 PM   #6
Amythestmama
Rose Garden

Amythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond reputeAmythestmama has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using paper sanitary pads. I had used cloth pads I made but then after getting chronic yeast infections I stopped using them. I've thought about making myself a new set or boiling the ones I have but I'm afraid the yeast would just come back. I'll look into after ease.
Yes, lots of clots. I've thought about seeing a dr. Last month I even looked up the Dr's number before coming to my senses that I had no money to pay the dr anyway.

Last edited by Amythestmama; 03-12-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Amythestmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:09 PM   #7
JoyfulMom
Rose Bouquet

JoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really nice

I thinks dr visit is a good idea too. I had really bad ones after my last baby was born. They would last nearly 14 days sometimes and the first week I couldn't leave home, the flow was so heavy. An ablation was the best thing. I still have periods, but they aren't anywhere near bad. Barely a nuisance.

Amy
Happy & blessed wife for 24 yrs.
Joyful mom to five girls, and one boy.
Breanna~18
Madison~16
Christopher~12
Emma Grace~10
Jenna Kate~7
JoyfulMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

you can try just using wascloths or if you have an old tshirt you can cut and fold up. then just soak them in water and hydrogen peroxide so they don't stain.

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #9
Katigre
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythestmama View Post
I've been using paper sanitary pads. I had used cloth pads I made but then after getting chronic yeast infections I stopped using them. I've thought about making myself a new set or boiling the ones I have but I'm afraid the yeast would just come back. I'll look into after ease.
Yes, lots of clots. I've thought about seeing a dr. Last month I even looked up the Dr's number before coming to my senses that I had no money to pay the dr anyway.
Are you eligible for assistance? Do you have insurance?

Old 03-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
Amythestmama
Rose Garden

No, we have no health insurance. It was nearly $1000 for premiums and still had a $6000 deductible so it was too expensive to use anyway, but the premiums were just too high so we had to give that up in December and with that we lost the HSA too. H said he'd set up a new account for health expenses but he hasn't, and says he can't because it's too late. We did become part of some christian health cost sharing group but it works that after you spend $500 per person, per diagnosis, they'll start a fund to help you. We make too much money to qualify for assistance.
So if I boil the cloth pads I have and then soak them with hydrogen peroxide and then wash them do you think that would keep the yeast away? I have a front loading washer and it didn't work for cloth diapers at all so I thought it was perhaps because they weren't being washed well enough.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulMom View Post
I thinks dr visit is a good idea too. I had really bad ones after my last baby was born. They would last nearly 14 days sometimes and the first week I couldn't leave home, the flow was so heavy. An ablation was the best thing. I still have periods, but they aren't anywhere near bad. Barely a nuisance.

Amy
So does this affect whether you can have more children? It's 99% likely I will never have more children because of other things but I'm not sure I want to give that option up yk?
Old 03-13-2015, 02:53 PM   #11
JoyfulMom
Rose Bouquet

JoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really niceJoyfulMom is just really nice

Yes, it does. You can't have anymore after an ablation.

Amy
Breanna~18
Madison~16
Christopher~12
Emma Grace~10
Jenna Kate~7
JoyfulMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:15 PM   #12
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Cramp bark. Serious awesomeness for painful periods. Mine aren't as bad as yours, but they're debilitating nonetheless. Cramp bark is one of the ingredients in After Ease. I will never be without cramp bark in the house if I can help it.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:55 AM   #13
camperjen
Rose Trellis

i love life!

camperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond reputecamperjen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythestmama View Post
So if I boil the cloth pads I have and then soak them with hydrogen peroxide and then wash them do you think that would keep the yeast away? I have a front loading washer and it didn't work for cloth diapers at all so I thought it was perhaps because they weren't being washed well enough.
I totally have the answer for you. I've been using cloth as a backup to my cup (overnight it's not enough unless I purposely wake once or twice to empty my cup - and I'm not doing that when a waterproof cloth pad will typically catch the overflow once I stand up in the morning) for about 8 years. I am REALLY prone to yeast and I tend to wash my pads with the regular clothes loads (I have already rinsed them when first soiled).

When they get yeasty, soak them in a hot (or boiling) bath with a lot of vinegar. The vinegar kills the yeast. I'll use my huge soup pot in the kitchen with maybe a cup of vinegar and hot water from the tap. Then I wash it in the washer (also a front loader) with ALL my other underwear (also a culprit for continued yeast!) with a teeny-tiny bit of laundry soap (residue is also a culprit for yeast) and I fill the rinse container with vinegar so they get more in the wash. I usually do this regimen, wear them all for a while as normal and do it again 2-4 weeks later. It makes a huge difference and then I can go a really long time without worrying again.

If you get sensitive right after doing the wash above, send your stuff through the washer on a short wash with *nothing* - just a long, good rinse. I found once that the vinegar was irritating - it must not have rinsed out well enough. Running everything through the washer again seemed to fix the problem.
camperjen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camperjen For This Useful Post:
Amythestmama (03-19-2015), MercyInDisguise (03-14-2015), squiddles (03-14-2015)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #14
Amythestmama
Rose Garden

Thanks! I'll try that with the cloth stash I have and see if using them again helps! I'm hoping that with cramp bark and cloth it will get bearable again!
camperjen (03-20-2015)