Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #61
JPeriod
Climbing Rose

JPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to allJPeriod is a name known to all
Default Re: Decadent Birthing Brownies

Um, worse brownies ever. I don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe the organic sugar? It's not super fine like bakers sugar. I didn't have bittersweet chocolate, so I used trader joe's 72% dark chocolate. After tasting the batter, I added 2 oz of semi sweet bakers chocolate I had on hand and it still didn't taste very chocolatey. I looked online and bittersweet/semi-sweet are supposed to be interchangable. I baked it in a smaller pan and it rose high, crisping the top, but leaving the inside mushy. It caved when cutting into it. Weird. I'm used to the ghiredelli's mix.

But if they work, I don't care!
& E. - The Spirited Spawn's Spirited Sister (DD 10/2010 My healing HBAC & forever grateful )
JPeriod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM   #62
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

they are pretty dense on the inside... it's all that butter.

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #63
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPeriod View Post
Um, worse brownies ever. I don't know what's wrong with them. Maybe the organic sugar? It's not super fine like bakers sugar. I didn't have bittersweet chocolate, so I used trader joe's 72% dark chocolate. After tasting the batter, I added 2 oz of semi sweet bakers chocolate I had on hand and it still didn't taste very chocolatey. I looked online and bittersweet/semi-sweet are supposed to be interchangable. I baked it in a smaller pan and it rose high, crisping the top, but leaving the inside mushy. It caved when cutting into it. Weird. I'm used to the ghiredelli's mix.

But if they work, I don't care!

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thought they were awful. I had to force myself to finish the pan (who ever thought they'd have to say that about brownies!?! )... and then it was all for naught anyway.

Here's to hoping they work for you!
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #64
hellomama
Deactivated

hellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to allhellomama is a name known to all

Thank you for the recipe! What a cute tradition!
hellomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #65
BriansLovie
Rose Garden

Striving to be a gentle mama and enjoying my littles.

BriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond repute

These did not work for me DS3 was almost 2 weeks overdue.

Mama to J - 11, J - 9, & A - 5
&
Two angels
9/2007 & 1/2008
BriansLovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #66
Garland
Rose Trellis

Garland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond reputeGarland has a reputation beyond repute

Going to have to make these when it's close to my baby's birth. Just for fun. And because I chocolate.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #67
daughter_of_faith
Rose Garden

daughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond reputedaughter_of_faith has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'll try these in December.

Mama to 4 Boys ~~ 2003, 2011, 2012, and 2014

and 3 bonus kids (25,
24, and 21)

Please excuse brevity and typos.

daughter_of_faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #68
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are in the oven right now. I'll get back to you tomorrow. They "worked" last time!

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
crunchymum (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #69
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

Well?

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
Old 08-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #70
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute

No luck. Boo. But at least they tasted good!

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
crunchymum (08-18-2012), hellomama (08-18-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for MaybeGracie:
crunchymum (08-18-2012), hellomama (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 02:17 PM   #71
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeGracie View Post
No luck. Boo. But at least they tasted good!
They beat castor oil any day!

I was reading a food blog last week and came across the recipe for these brownies. Only they were just "brownies", specifically brownies to add to homemade ice cream. I wanted to comment, but resisted the urge.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
crunchymum (08-18-2012)
Old 08-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #72
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

Old 08-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #73
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #74
SillyMommy
Climbing Rose

SillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond reputeSillyMommy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliveshoots View Post
Maybe they make you go into labor because the enjoyable experience relaxes you and produces endorphins and somehow that makes your body ready to go ahead and start dilating, laboring, etc etc. I would be rEALLY interested to know if there is any science behind it (I was just thinking today about how I"m so interested in the science of food)
That has to be it, as there are NO other ingredients that would give labor a boost. I was expecting them to have RRL or castor oil in them or something! LOL
and Mommy to R1 (12) T3, R2 (8.6) T4, R3 (6.9) T1 and R4 (13m)
PaperbackSwap | Goodreads

SillyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:02 AM   #75
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMommy View Post
That has to be it, as there are NO other ingredients that would give labor a boost. I was expecting them to have RRL or castor oil in them or something! LOL
I don't know, but my stats are two for two! They aren't the best brownies, but I'd rather eat them than take castor oil.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote