Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #31
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone bought an ikea bed for their kids?

Is Kallax the new Expedit, or are they different, and if so how?

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #32
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerynne View Post
Is Kallax the new Expedit, or are they different, and if so how?
Yes, and yes. http://gizmodo.com/heres-why-ikea-is...-sh-1527126312
HadassahSukkot (07-22-2014)
Old 07-22-2014, 03:00 PM   #33
MamaSam
Rose Bouquet

MamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
I just added one of each of those to my cart on Ikea's website. So they are available online.
Maybe I should call them again. I can't order online at all for some reason.
MamaSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #34
blessedwithboys
Rose Garden

blessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
DH and I have been discussing getting the Kura bunk bed for our boys since it's small, but idk how well it will hold up. Oh darn, I guess I need to plan a trip to IKEA to verify
We've had our Kura for 5-ish years and moved it twice after initial set up. It's doing fine.
blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #35
DancingWithElves
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Blissed out in the January sun

DancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond reputeDancingWithElves has a reputation beyond repute

the all wood bed is still going strong nine years later.
the particle board beds, two of them, fell apart in a few years.
i got the cheapest spring mattresses and they were horrible. just awful. but they are now discontinued. i hear latex ones are much better.
my belongs to the babywearing 'Architect'
Dancing with my three Magical Elves Smiles the Stampede Sugar Plump & Double Dimples

Kissing each elf 1,000,000 times a day, and when there's time left tracking gnomes, singing folk songs on the porch, befriending dragonflies, and bopping sun-frosted 'fros through the dandelion fields.

DancingWithElves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:03 AM   #36
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Thought you all would enjoy this review post by one of my favorite decorating bloggers.
http://dearlillieblog.blogspot.com/2...olding-up.html

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #37
MamaSam
Rose Bouquet

MamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to allMamaSam is a name known to all

I had to scratch the IKEA idea seeing as shipping says it is $349!!!!!
Old 07-25-2014, 10:40 AM   #38
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSam View Post
Oh no!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #39
MamaSam
Rose Bouquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singingmom View Post
Oh no!
Yea! I was like
Old 07-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #40
ViolaMum
Rose Garden

ViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond reputeViolaMum has a reputation beyond repute

We have two Ikea beds - the Minnen adjustable bed and the Kura reversible bed that we currently use as a bunk bed. We also have an Ikea crib that sidecars nicely. I've been happy with all of them. We've had the crib for three kids, the other beds for 4-6 years.

Our mattresses are a mix - three of the kids have Ikea foam mattresses on the floor or over slatted bed bases. I've slept on all of them just fine. The baby has a Babies R Us mattress. (Hated our first crib, mattress was ok, so we kept it.)
Prima, Secunda, Tertia, and Quarta

Youth and Beauty are fleeting, but the ability to bake a great chocolate cake lasts forever!
ViolaMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #41
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSam View Post
Yikes! I take it you live nowhere near one? If there is one within vacation driving distance, you could do a mini overnight "IKEA" vacation (aka vacation in antoher city with an IKEA, and bring home your own stuff) for that shipping price!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:06 PM   #42
Llee

Dancing stands with all seahorses who are journeying to freedom

Llee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond reputeLlee has a reputation beyond repute

Did you look on Craigslist in your area? I see them pop up every so often there.

Lead the children to see in every pleasant and beautiful thing an expression of God's love for them. Recommend your religion to them by its pleasantness.
Let the law of kindness be in your lips.
~Ellen G. White

Llee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #43
Saoirse
Rose Garden

Coming out into the Light!

Saoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond reputeSaoirse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBetsy View Post
We just got an Ikea bunk bed from a friend and it's in good shape I'm not sure how long my friend had it before passing it along, but at least as long as I've known her, which is almost 4 years now, and her children were not gentle with it either. Dh says that the mattresses aren't Ikea, but I'd need to ask my friend to be certain.
We got that bunk bed and a loft bed in April 2010. Neither have Ikea mattresses though (I got them on sale at a local furniture store). They've both been taken apart and moved three times now and are holding up well. The boys were really, really rough on the bunkbed that BB now has. DS2 used to swing around on the bottom of the top bunk. DD gave DS2 the loft bed and he'll be home tomorrow and start using it. It has a nice desk under it.

We just bought DD another Ikea bed with drawers in the bottom. The drawers are HUGE!!! She loves it. Again, not an Ikea mattress though.

I've been really happy with their furniture so far. I just hate that it is a 2 hour drive into the city to get things. Although, that is probably good because if they were closer, I'd be spending a ton more money there.

"A victim lives in fear. A Survivor endures. A victim is weak and powerless, paying for what was not her doing.
A Survivor has grown strong because she knows the price is not hers to pay, the sin is not hers to atone." - unknown

Alis volat propriis

SingleFabulousMamas unite!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Saoirse For This Useful Post:
BarefootBetsy (07-26-2014)