Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #436
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

I'm still at it, selling stuff here and there and decluttering bit by bit. I realized today that I really need to decluter my craft supplies. I have boxes of fabric and scraps that I hope to use "someday" . I'm sure someone on pinterest has made amazing projects with the stuff I've got stashed, but I'm not actually going to do anything with the stuff.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:58 AM   #437
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm still at it, too. I had a setback when James decided to clean up. Part of his cleaning including putting everything I set aside to get rid of back where it was. The best part was he said we need to get rid of crap.
We have a sort of solution in place. We call it adult time, it's where we put the kids to bed and clean and declutter for an hour each night. So far it's working.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
Johns_Gal (01-04-2016), knitlove (10-06-2015), sunflowermom (10-06-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #438
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

I have 3 trouble spots in my house. My goal is to tackle one trouble spot a week. Poke me in November to see if I've actually done what I need to...
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-14-2015)
Old 10-14-2015, 07:29 AM   #439
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I got the kitchen island cleaned off!! ( for the first time sence we started moving in, in July . ) now to keep it that way
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 09:30 AM   #440
Singingmom
Administrator

Oh, sing to the Lord a new song!

Singingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingingmom has a reputation beyond repute

I've been able to part with a lot this season. I finally purged the garage, as much as I could handle anyway, and got rid of a lot that we don't need...a fireplace screen that we may need in another house but don't need here, gone to Salvation Army. A broken beach chair, out with the trash. It looks and feels so much better out there.

I have had about six nice things on Craigslist for weeks with no interest. I've refreshed the listings and lowered the prices. Oh well. It's nice to make a little extra money, but giving is important. Maybe there's someone out there who will be delighted to find those treasures in the thrift store. And decluttering is so worth it! The space and the serenity ... Aah!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
Singingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Singingmom For This Useful Post:
knitlove (10-14-2015), WanderingJuniper (10-14-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #441
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I went through my clothes and my husband did his. We did the kids'. Awesome. The house feels 100 lbs lighter.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-17-2015), sunflowermom (10-18-2015)
Old 10-17-2015, 07:37 PM   #442
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

2nd garage sale got rained out. I took a big load over to the thrift store this afternoon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-18-2015)
Old 10-18-2015, 01:50 PM   #443
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I think 8 garbage bags of clothes to a homeschool clothes swap. We came home with about 10 items. I can walk into my attic space again.
ECingMama (10-18-2015), sunflowermom (10-18-2015)
Old 10-20-2015, 11:11 AM   #444
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I got out Ivy's winter coats and discovered they do not fit along with pretty much any of the cold weather clothes I put up for her. So away they go. I am also getting out her summer clothes to consign but only the ones she will not wear next year. We still have about a month of wonky weather before I can safely get rid of her summer clothes.
I also gathered all of my maternity clothes. I am not sure what to do with them, I am not planning on another baby, but I have two babies that were not planned. I think that once I get rid of the other stuff I can make a better choice, but at the moment I want it gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
knitlove (10-20-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 06:40 AM   #445
easygoinmomma
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Silence is golden unless you have boys. Then it means they're into something!

easygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I did a bunch of purging last week! It felt soooo good!
and momma to all boys
The Manatee
Lishy
Doodles
Goose
and Charlie the litter trained Chihuahua
easygoinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 05:49 PM   #446
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

I have two big boxes in the van to get rid of!

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

KarenBoo (01-03-2016)
Old 01-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #447
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a decluttering fail! At one time, when Kitten was a baby, I bought a ton of ribbon because I was going to make hair bows to sell. Well, that didn't happen because I discovered that it took me a long time to make the bows and they wouldn't sell for very much anyway. I did make a lot of bows for my girls and some of their friends. Kitten had bows to match every outfit! Monkey really hated bows from the start.

So fast forward, I have a LOT of ribbon! And I did make some hair bows for the girls this Christmas, that they requested no less! (They really don't wear them anymore.) My ribbons were very disorganized, so I re-organized them. They were in piles all over the floor, and I sat there dumbfounded at how I could have bought so much ribbon!

(It's amazing what rationalization will do! "Oh, I'm going to start a business so I can buy all the ribbon I want!")

So I decided to sell half of it, and I went to ebay to see how much I could get for my ribbon. As it turns out, not much at all. So little that it wouldn't be worth listing it, boxing it up, and taking it to the post office.

So, I put it all away. I guess I'll make bows for granddaughters some day.

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
Johns_Gal (01-04-2016), MercyInDisguise (01-03-2016), rjy9343 (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #448
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

If it helps, I took all the Christmas stuff and stuffed it into boxes in the closet yesterday without any decluttering at all. Even the preschool crafty junk that the kids being home. I did manage to get the job done before the baby woke up from his nap, so I'm using that as an excuse. No time to purge when the baby is gonna wake up any minute!

This year I didn't even get out any decorations. We just decorated the tree with the kids' crafts that they brought home from church, school, and therapy. Granted, it was a tiny tree (2" or so), but it was covered.

Feeling a bit of Bah Humbug about Christmas stuff interfering with my decluttering...

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

KarenBoo (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:53 AM   #449
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

That stinks about having all that ribbon!

I bagged up like 9 Halloween pumpkins (for collecting candy). I only have 5 kids, so I'm not sure how we ended up with so many! But they've wanted to use bigger candy receptacles for the last few years, so I don't need these. Unfortunately, it seems no one else wants them either at this time of year! I guess they'll go to the thrift store.
KarenBoo (01-04-2016)
Old 01-04-2016, 08:19 PM   #450
rjy9343
Rose Garden

We decluttered the office and have the closet to go. I cleared out all of my too big clothes (I am still losing weight, so I will keep the smaller ones for a while longer) and all the too small clothes for the kids. I am planning on starting the kitchen Thursday or Friday. I can't wait.