Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 PM   #541
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Little ones are great for finding (and breaking) stuff that ought to be decluttered.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 06:10 PM   #542
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I more or less finished the kitchen. I need to clean it after making diner, but I'm tired. It also needs better organizing, but that will have to wait. I tossed so much junk food of James's that was expired. A little more than a bag went out. I tossed a bunch of expired stuff in the pantry as well. I put several dishes in the donate box and am very happy about that. I am deciding about sippy cups. Jacob has some delays that keep him from being able to use them, but I expect that to change. I am thinking keep them for a little longer and if he hasn't used them by two, they are gone.
My bedroom is next on the list. I'll start that in the morning. I hope to have everything I box up out of the house tomorrow around the time Jacob falls asleep so that I can drive and let him sleep. Ivy may fall asleep then as well so I can go through Starbucks and then read my kindle in the garage while they sleep.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (06-23-2016)
Old 06-23-2016, 06:19 PM   #543
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Rita, that's inspiring how much you're getting accomplished!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-23-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 11:36 AM   #544
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

I hit a wall in the bedroom. Well, several of them. The first is both kids have decided that they need to ignore every single rule this house has ever had and find new and creative ways to break them. Ivy has run across the dining room chairs and eaten food she knows will cause her allergies to flair up among other things. Jacob just thinks this whole decluttering idea has a lot of potential until I put something in the trash or a box, then he screams have that and sobs like his heart is breaking.
The second wall is most of this stuff belongs to James. He says he has nothing and that it's all mine, each time I clean I put all of his things in a stack or pile out of the way and then he spreads them around the house for me to deal with later. I think I am going to get a storage box for his things. It won't do anything other than contain the clutter, but at least it will be in one place and I don't keep cleaning it up. If he has to keep looking in that box, he may decide it's worth it to deal with it. I'm thinking of doing the same thing with the office at the end of the month. I went in there earlier today and I am not sure how he can walk without hurting himself in there. There is so much in there. Papers, electronics and all their paraphernalia, toys, assorted odds and ends, books and just about everything else you can imagine.
On the plus side, there was very little that I cleared out of my kitchen this time, most of what went was expired food. Most of the food was junk food James buys and forgets he has. Almost all of the junk food I tossed expired last year. I only had a few things in my dresser. I probably could have found some things in my closet, but the kids fell apart by the time I got there. My bathroom has a little for me to do, but after the last purge I have done a really good job of keeping clutter out of there so it's just a few things here and there.
I am thinking I can finish my room tonight and will get a container after I take Ivy to VBS. Mean time, I a made Ivy get in bed for a nap and am waiting for Jacob to wear himself out so he will sleep, too. Then maybe I can have some me time.

knitlove (06-24-2016)
Old 06-24-2016, 05:09 PM   #545
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Rita you are inspiring me to dig in to decluttering again this week.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #546
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

I was able to deliver 2 boxes of hand me downs to cousins 2 weeks ago, and I slews H have a box started to give them at next year's summer camping trip too! I have general donate box going as well.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-25-2016)
Old 06-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #547
rjy9343
Rose Garden

I should have thought of the box a long time ago. When I announced I would be getting a storage box for his stuff, James got most of his visible stuff handled. I have the box of food to go tomorrow and if I can get my family to stop putting things on my clean counters my kitchen would be so clean.

sunflowermom (06-25-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 05:05 PM   #548
Reva
Rose Trellis

Reva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond repute

My first post in this thread. Last week I purged our bathroom cabinets, drawers, etc. I was shocked at how much I was able to get rid of!

This week, my goal is to tackle our homeschool room. *shudder*
Forever missing my sweet R (HLHS) and the baby we never got to meet.
Reva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reva For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-26-2016), SalH (06-30-2016), sunflowermom (06-27-2016)
Old 06-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #549
rjy9343
Rose Garden

I found a bunch of plastic and metal hangers in my closet I didn't know we had. Away they went. I am going to try to tackle my bathroom (I really need to clean it) tomorrow and help James with the office. He made a lot of headway in there this afternoon. I have two boxes of baby stuff to figure out along with what to do with one of our strollers. We needed two before, but now we really can't justify them. Same thing with the pack and play, I don't think we'll ever use it, but at the same time I doubt I'll be able to find a used one for ten dollars like this one if I ever do need one.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #550
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjy9343 View Post
I found a bunch of plastic and metal hangers in my closet I didn't know we had. Away they went. I am going to try to tackle my bathroom (I really need to clean it) tomorrow and help James with the office. He made a lot of headway in there this afternoon. I have two boxes of baby stuff to figure out along with what to do with one of our strollers. We needed two before, but now we really can't justify them. Same thing with the pack and play, I don't think we'll ever use it, but at the same time I doubt I'll be able to find a used one for ten dollars like this one if I ever do need one.

Do you have a Once Upon a Child store nearby? They buy all that sort of stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ENFJ, please excuse my stream of consciousness posts.

Battled infertility for 3 1/2 years before DD (PCOS)
TTC #2 for 6 months (3 ovulations)

Married to DH since Aug 2004
DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
Michele123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #551
rjy9343
Rose Garden

The nearest one is about an hour and a half or so away, so no I do not. But I don't care if they buy it or not. I have so much junk that has gotten past me in the last two years because I was pregnant and then because I had a baby, that I just want it gone. If I toss everything into the trash, I don't care. I just want my house back.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:50 PM   #552
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Dropped off a huge box of mostly kid's clothes to the thrift store. Feels so good to have gone through the clothes and purged so much!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-26-2016), SalH (06-30-2016)
Old 06-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #553
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

The mountain of clothes not being stored in dressers atm. Glad it's organized, but now it's in my living room. This house really lacks good storage.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:09 PM   #554
rjy9343
Rose Garden

I hear you on the storage. In theory my house is good because it has an attic, two closets in two bedroom and big closet in the other one. But no linen or broom closest, the closets we do have are really shallow, we can only use about a quarter of the attic and the cabinets in the kitchen are so shallow that you can't put a serving platter in them. Storage is a joke, but it isn't something anyone noticed when my husband bought the house.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:24 PM   #555
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Yeah. We don't have an attic, basement, garage, etc. We do have a linen closet, and the bedrooms have closets. I miss the house I grew up in with a full basement, attic and garage plus the bedroom closets.

The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (06-29-2016)