Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:55 PM   #121
zak
Administrator

Friend of the Fellowship

zak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: kombucha 101 thread! *another new question #63 and 64*

So, um... Hale's Medicine and Mother's Milk has kombucha listed as an L5. Um.... is this really safe to drink while nursing/pregnant? I'm really kind of freaked out that he has it listed as contraindicated for breastfeeding.

Dedicated GCMer since 2003

Administrator and Moderating Cradled, Babes, Breastfeeding, Beautiful Mothers and Circumcision
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zak For This Useful Post:
easygoinmomma (12-20-2011)
Old 12-20-2011, 07:59 PM   #122
AngelaVA
Rose Garden

AngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaVA has a reputation beyond repute

I remember looking this up at one point and the info he had on it seemed really off and sort of it was some sort of third party anecdotal report of a single incident that didn't seem very credible. Going to see if I can find it again...

Wow his website has totally changed, sorry not finding it now.

Wife to David since July 2005, Mama to Genevieve born June 2006 and to Gabrielle born February 2009

Last edited by AngelaVA; 12-20-2011 at 08:02 PM.
AngelaVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #123
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

never be afraid of who you were meant to be

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you can feed it to your kids...why wouldn't you be able to drink it while nursing? It is ok to drink a beer occasionally while nursing... I would think that KT would be less..

I don't really know though.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
cobluegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #124
zak
Administrator

Friend of the Fellowship

zak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond reputezak has a reputation beyond repute

It is an odd reference in Hale's. It speaks to a death (or more than one?) in like 1995?! SO weird. Just had me freaked out!!

Dedicated GCMer since 2003

Administrator and Moderating Cradled, Babes, Breastfeeding, Beautiful Mothers and Circumcision
zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #125
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

that is weird?? what would be in it that would be bad?? just that it can cause detoxing?? maybe if you have never been on it and are just coming off a really bad lifestyle/eating and then start drinking it your body would just have to many "open toxins" being released and flushed??

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. 6 I will sing to the Lord,
because he has dealt bountifully with me.

houseforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
raining_kisses (03-31-2013)
Old 01-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #126
milkmaidmama
Rose Blossom

milkmaidmama has a spectacular aura aboutmilkmaidmama has a spectacular aura aboutmilkmaidmama has a spectacular aura about

About halfway through this thread….this is getting me excited! My dad brought me a Scoby when he came to visit at christmas and I wasn't too sure what to do with it!

Now I"m inspired...
Where I share little pieces of me and my journey: http://divandmama.blogspot.com/
milkmaidmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #127
easygoinmomma
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Silence is golden unless you have boys. Then it means they're into something!

easygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond reputeeasygoinmomma has a reputation beyond repute

I have another question. What is everyones favorite flavors?
and momma to all boys
The Manatee
Lishy
Doodles
Goose
and Charlie the litter trained Chihuahua
easygoinmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:45 PM   #128
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

trying to live like olaf "this is the best day of my life!... and quite possibly the last!"

houseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond reputehouseforjoy has a reputation beyond repute

strawberry is my favorite. i put two purred strawberry ice cubes in one quart. it is yummy!! i also liked when i cut and peeled a clementine and put that in.

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?....because I am shaken. 5 But I have trusted in your steadfast love;

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houseforjoy For This Useful Post:
domesticzookeeper (01-09-2012), easygoinmomma (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #129
backtobasicsmum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

backtobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond repute

Blueberry is still my favorite. I put just enough blueberries to make one single layer on the top of the gallon jar. I don't puree them, either.
J - 14 My sparkly girl
L - 11 My funny boy
O - 9 My snuggly boy
backtobasicsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to backtobasicsmum For This Useful Post:
easygoinmomma (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #130
houseforjoy
Rose Garden

hmm i never thought to try blueberry.... my bucha is done tomorrow.... will be trying that

Psalm 13

Old 01-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #131
shekziwi

thanks for all this info.
I had let my scobby go and have been given a new one but I don't have the tea to go with it. From what I read I can use apple cider vinegar, am I correct in that?
It certainly is a fun adventure
Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #132
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

cobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond reputecobluegirl has a reputation beyond repute

you don't want to use vinegar.

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

The greatest challenge for most of us is believing that we are worthy now, right this minute. Worthiness doesn't have prerequisites. ~Brene Brown "The Gifts of Imperfection"[/CENTER]
Old 01-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #133
shekziwi

Oh, I'm glad I asked
so do you have suggestion of how I can start the bucha without the previous tea?
or
should I just look for another starter mix?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #134
cobluegirl
Rose Garden

you just need a scoby and a sweat tea... hmm..starter helps... maybe someone else will have an idea... but I am pretty sure you dont' want vinegar..because it is another culture...

T4/1 ISTJ Enneagram 9

Ds-T4/2
Dd1-T1/4
Dd2-T2/1

Old 01-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #135
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekziwi View Post
Oh, I'm glad I asked
so do you have suggestion of how I can start the bucha without the previous tea?
or
should I just look for another starter mix?
You can use a tablespoon of DISTILLED white vinegar or just use fresh sweet tea without anything else. I've done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoinmomma View Post
I have another question. What is everyones favorite flavors?
Strawberry, grape, cherry, lemon, in that order. I tried pineapple once and wasn't impressed. Raspberry is good, too.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
easygoinmomma (01-09-2012)