Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 04-17-2014, 02:24 PM   #31
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Easter dinner

On my phone now. I'll get it typed up on my laptop by tonight

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
JoyGal (04-17-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 AM   #32
Scout
Rosebud

Scout will become famous soon enough

Roast lamb, roast potatoes, green beans with leek and dill and whatever other seasonal vegetables I pick up at the farmer's market tomorrow. And red wine gravy .

Dessert will be chocolate pavlova with raspberries and cream.

Our guests are bringing starters, so I'm not sure what that'll be. I assume cheese will be involved.

Scout - 32 - ENTJ - The Unstoppable Force
DH - 33 - INTP - The Immovable Object
Augusta - 2 - The Cherished Child
Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scout For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (04-19-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #33
NeshamaMama
Rose Garden

Formerly emilik :)

NeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond reputeNeshamaMama has a reputation beyond repute

I have this 18 lb. turkey I should probably cook. . I've never cooked anything that big before, I don't even know if it will be thawed in time.

We don't really do anything for Easter, but I always make a big dinner anyway. Last year I did roast leg of lamb and it was pretty good! I didn't like how much fat was marbled through it, but the flavor was really delicious and it made great leftovers shredded on sandwiches.

I'll probably do some kind of potatoes with the turkey this year, and I have bags of cranberries I need to use that will either be cranberry sauce or dessert... It's sounding a little like Thanksgiving now.

Christopher
(INTP)

Mama to
Mayah Evangeline (01/10
)
and
Miriam Anneliese (05/12)
Living simply and loving my God!

NeshamaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeshamaMama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #34
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Last year, I made the recipe for lamb that Kristin posted. (she posted it another year, too.) It was really good.

We don't eat ham, and we do beef tenderloin at Christmas and Turkey at Thanksgiving. I love the fish idea. If I ever get around to doing the lamb on Maundy Thursday like I want to, I might do fish.

I have given up on the jello marshmallow salad I said I would do. DH had requested one, because he likes them. I looked online, but I could not find a recipe that did not look yucky. If anyone has a good one, let me know.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-18-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #35
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
I love your fish idea . Just wish I loved fish
have you ever had grilled salmon. I used to hate fish too, for years. Grilled salmon is now one of our staple meals and an absolute favourite around here.

I have a lamb roasting in the oven right now. It will be our Good Friday meal.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #36
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post

I have given up on the jello marshmallow salad I said I would do. DH had requested one, because he likes them. I looked online, but I could not find a recipe that did not look yucky. If anyone has a good one, let me know.
I know what you mean about yucky. In my search I found recipes with sour cream or cottage cheese. That's not like my Auntie E's recipe!

I am going to try a jello recipe from my church cookbook. I'm trying to replicate a family recipe that we miss now that the extended family has become too large to get together for Easter.

Raspberry Cream Salad

1 pkg. rasp. gelatin (85g)
3/4 cups boiling water
1/4 cup sugar
15 oz. raspberries, fresh or frozen
1 cup whipping cream
1 cup mini marshmallows

Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Stir in raspberries. Chill until syrupy. Whip cream until stiff. Fold into thickened gelatine. Fold in marshmallows. Pour into a hold or bowl and chill. Keep refrigerated.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-18-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #37
LilacPhoenix
Rose Garden

E's newborn feet; G's 3-yr-old feet

LilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond reputeLilacPhoenix has a reputation beyond repute

Got my GF cobbler recipe typed up http://cmlmyrecipes.blogspot.com/201...t-cobbler.html

I've made it with peaches, apples, and berries (but not combined), but it would be yummy with almost any fruit! A local diner makes a pineapple cobbler that we used to love. I might try it one day with pineapple!

INFPs are a FiNe SiTe to behold!
DYT 1/2
My recipe blog! Recipes

"I need to live life like some people never will... To ride the wings of dreams into changing horizons." Dream Theater
LilacPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LilacPhoenix For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-18-2014), Hopetobe (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #38
Victorious
Rose Garden

Victorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond reputeVictorious has a reputation beyond repute

Dh grilled salmon a while back. I really didn't like the squishy texture. I only like Long John Silver's type of fish. I feel like a picky kid admitting that
Amy (04/26/11)

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Victorious For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (04-18-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014), titosmommy (04-19-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 11:31 AM   #39
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRock View Post

I am going to try a jello recipe from my church cookbook. I'm trying to replicate a family recipe that we miss now that the extended family has become too large to get together for Easter.

Thank you so much! That is the sort of thing I was looking for.
And My church cookbook! I should have looked there. I rely on food blogs so much now, I forgot all about it. It has great stuff. That is where the birthing brownies came from.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #40
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLifeMama View Post
Thank you so much! That is the sort of thing I was looking for.
I haven't made it yet, but it looks foolproof.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014), RealLifeMama (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #41
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Ok, I just have to update this here. I just prepared and ate my very first leg of lamb for Good Friday dinner. OH MY WORD! It was the absolute most DELICIOUS meat I've ever placed in my mouth in my entire life. AH-MAZING beyond BELIEF!!!!

We now most definitely have a new Easter weekend tradition in our family.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Hopetobe (04-19-2014), katiekind (04-21-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-18-2014), squiddles (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 02:07 PM   #42
squiddles
Climbing Rose

squiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond repute

all these lamb dinners sound amazing!! I want a yummy Easter dinner too... We are going to MILs and she's making ham and cheesy potatoes and rolls. None of that sounds good to me, but if I want something good I should make it and bring it right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to squiddles For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #43
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to make a vegan stroganoff with noodles, fresh steamed asparagus, and I don't know what for dessert yet.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #44
LikeQuietDreams
Rose Trellis

fka Sweetbelly :)

LikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond reputeLikeQuietDreams has a reputation beyond repute

Change of plans... no lamb.

We're having cajun chicken w/ jambalaya, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, salad, and rolls.

Cobbler and cookies for desert.

Wifey to my always thinking, sarcastic, librarian, INFJ hubby. (10/2007) "So, I've been thinking..."
Loving mama to my energetic, compassionate, and BIG feelings having ds "I" (01/2009) "You're going to be okay, little plant."
and my easy-going though slightly demanding, tough bulldozer, ds "H". (09/2011) "Hey! Hey! HEEEY!"

I'm blogging!
LikeQuietDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeQuietDreams For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2014, 10:42 AM   #45
Hopetobe
Rose Garden

Hopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond reputeHopetobe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeQuietDreams View Post
Change of plans... no lamb.

We're having cajun chicken w/ jambalaya, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, salad, and rolls.

Cobbler and cookies for desert.
That still sounds good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrea INTP, DYT 4/1
Wife to B ~9yrs
Mom to
E 3yo & L 1yo
10/13/09
Hopetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hopetobe For This Useful Post:
LikeQuietDreams (04-19-2014), LilacPhoenix (04-19-2014)