Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #1
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default What menu planning sites do you like?

I'm at the point where I'm willing to pay for menu plans. I'm really burnt out on doing it solo.

I looked at eMenus and it's $30 for three months! That's a bit pricey but I liked that I could choose from a variety of eating plans and switch it up.

But I'm wondering if anyone has another site that they like.

This one looks good if I knew I could dedicate the time for OAMC.
https://onceamonthmeals.com
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #2
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What menu planning sites do you like?

I like plan to eat. I have a referral code I can post later if you want it.

Oh wait, you want the plans done. I liked Saving Dinner, from flylady.

There is another one that has 5 meals in 30 minutes prep.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #3
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I think my ideal would be a site that is full of recipes that I can plug into a calendar. Is that what plan to eat is like? If the week is already planned it might not for our schedule.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:47 PM   #4
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

On plan to eat, you add your own recipes or import from websites. Then you plan them into a calendar and it spits out a shopping list.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 10:18 PM   #5
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Plan to Eat is great.
There is a little work on the front end to get started, but it is worth it.
They keep improving the program, too, and adding more features. It really is amazing.

But, you do have to decide what to eat and when.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 AM   #6
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I think my ideal would be a site that is full of recipes that I can plug into a calendar. Is that what plan to eat is like? If the week is already planned it might not for our schedule.
with plantoeat you can friend other people to see what they have saved under different categories. Especially helpful if you have friends with similar tastes/allergies/etc. who also use it.

If you cancel at any time & decide to go back, they don't delete your recipes.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gerberadaisy For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 08:31 AM   #7
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Since you want one full of recipes, I would look at Dinner Answers.
It is the new and improved version of Leanne Ely's Menu Mailer.
Leanne really is, IMO, the original menu planning service with the Saving Dinner menu mailer.
(I did not hear of emeals until much later.)

Also, I heard of one on the A Slob Comes Clean podcast last night...eprep or something like that. It has your meal plan for the week like emeals, but schedules a prep time and gives instructions so that all the prep work is done and then you just have to cook. I was going to look at it this week.

ETA, the site is called PrepDish

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

Last edited by RealLifeMama; 02-05-2017 at 12:24 PM.
RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (02-05-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #8
greengirl19
Rose Trellis

For G

greengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

I did Real Plans for a few months last year. It was great for a menu planning site, I just discovered I'm not a online menu planner.

Mom to G since 8/10/09 my crazy 10 yo
Z since 9/10/13 my wild thing 6 yo
Surprise! N born 2/8/16 terrific 4 yo

*my help comes from the Lord above*
greengirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
Allison
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Allison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond reputeAllison has a reputation beyond repute

I used Real Plans for a long time and loved it. I'm friends with the creators and saw the hard work they put into making a meal planner that helps families eat real food while taking into account allergies, intolerances, and preferences.

I stopped using it because I didn't want the meals planned for me anymore. I still recommend Real Plans for folks who do want the meals planned for them.

Here's my affiliate link if you're interested - https://realplans.com/?AFFID=178055

I now use PlanToEat and I love that I can take recipes straight from Pinterest and populate my menu. It's also less expensive, so that balances having to do more of the work.

Allison
Blessed mother of my three sons:
22, 20, 18

Grateful for GCM since 2004
Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison For This Useful Post:
Llee (07-30-2017), Soliloquy (02-05-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 02:13 PM   #10
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

I'm doing a free trial of PlateJoy. It has some really nice features but I think I'm going to try Plan to Eat instead. One of the recipes called for 9 ozs of pine nuts. At my store that came to $17. I bought slivered almonds instead but I need my menus to be based in reality. . If I do Plan to Eat I can Google cheap whole foods meals and plug things in.

I do love the PlateJoy app, though. It has an awesome grocery list feature that made shopping so much less stressful. And PlateJoy lets you select your dietary needs/restrictions, like many do, but it even included FODMAP.

Anyway, I'm finally moving on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
bananacake (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #11
bananacake
Rose Garden

I Am A BananaCake

bananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond reputebananacake has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! How much is PlateJoy regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 kiddos (16 1/2, 14 & 9)
Praying for semi-son, age 35

I live by the motto: seek first to understand.

"Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions." Proverbs 18:2
bananacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 04:47 PM   #12
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

It's $79/year but you can get $20 off with a referral link.

I'm pretty certain I selected economical meal plans. Maybe I didn't. It kept offering me salmon. I selected "Never offer salmon." Then I didn't realize the menu I chose had $17 worth of pine nuts for one meal. Not my reality!
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
bananacake (07-29-2017)
Old 07-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #13
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I know this is a bit old but I just found the thread. And am greatly interested as I am starting at the start to the school year and trying to make thing doable to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greengirl19 View Post
I did Real Plans for a few months last year. It was great for a menu planning site, I just discovered I'm not a online menu planner.
Could you explain what you mean by 'not a online menu planner'

I haven't ever done it before and have no idea if it would be a good for or not.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
gerberadaisy
Rose Trellis

gerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond reputegerberadaisy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I'm doing a free trial of PlateJoy. It has some really nice features but I think I'm going to try Plan to Eat instead. One of the recipes called for 9 ozs of pine nuts. At my store that came to $17. I bought slivered almonds instead but I need my menus to be based in reality. . If I do Plan to Eat I can Google cheap whole foods meals and plug things in.

I do love the PlateJoy app, though. It has an awesome grocery list feature that made shopping so much less stressful. And PlateJoy lets you select your dietary needs/restrictions, like many do, but it even included FODMAP.

Anyway, I'm finally moving on this.
whoa on the pine nuts....they are incredibly expensive! I loved Plan to Eat because you put in the recipes you like. I had it for over 2 years. I did cancel because I wasn't using it, but when I get back on track, I know they'll still have my recipes there so I won't be starting again from scratch.
gerberadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gerberadaisy For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (08-01-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 06:17 AM   #15
greengirl19
Rose Trellis

For G

greengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by knitlove View Post
Could you explain what you mean by 'not a online menu planner'
I don't have a smartphone, so computer work is done at a desktop, which means I can't carry it with me to the store or on the kitchen counters so I ended up doing everything on a piece of paper anyways.

Mom to G since 8/10/09 my crazy 10 yo
Z since 9/10/13 my wild thing 6 yo
Surprise! N born 2/8/16 terrific 4 yo

*my help comes from the Lord above*
greengirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greengirl19 For This Useful Post:
knitlove (08-08-2017)