Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 07-30-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Do you have a layout you love that includes....

3 bed, 1.5-2 bath, open concept, upstairs laundry), basement, attached 2 car garage, btwn 1200-1500 sq ft

Willing to share here or pm me?

TIA

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 10:54 PM   #2
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you have a layout you love that includes....

Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
2TMama (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Growing up, my aunt and uncle lived in a house with this layout. I still love it. The differences in their layout is that the "workshop" was indoor space and was my aunt's mudroom, pantry and held the deep freeze. Also, instead of a main bathroom without a window they had a longer narrow bathroom and the master half-bath was beside the closet (so smaller and pushed forward into the bedroom a bit).

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans...mepw23732.html
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
2TMama (08-07-2017), tempus vernum (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 04:05 AM   #4
Barefoot
Climbing Rose

Now I'm standing here, my heart so full I can't explain.

Barefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant futureBarefoot has a brilliant future

I don't have what you've asked for, but I spend way too much time browsing this site for my dream home.
https://www.architecturaldesigns.com/

TTC a second child since 2011
Giving up, with peace granted by God.
(Trying IVF one more time - I got an inheritance )
It worked!!! But then failed

~

~ Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says
"Oh Crap, She's up!" ~
Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:22 AM   #5
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized that I posted a rancher and you wanted upstairs laundry and a basement. That sounds like a townhouse because you can have a double car garage entry with a partial basement, a main level with kitchen and living spaces and a powder room, and bedrooms with a full bath and closet laundry upstairs. . Are you hoping to find that in a house?
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:02 AM   #6
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

So here basements and main floor laundry are standard. Do u mean second floor laundry? Or not in the basement? Many people refer to main floor laundry as "upstairs laundry"

Here townhouses are homes connected to more than one house. A side by side is two townhones (2 family structures or duplexes ).

I'm just here because I love looking at floor plans we have 5BR 2 bath 1500 sf

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #7
RiverRock

Upstairs laundry (meaning on the topmost level with bedrooms) is becoming more and more common where I live. I prefer laundry to be close to the kitchen and by an entrance for times when the laundry is so dirty that I wouldn't want to carry it through the house...and also because of potential water damage.

Townhouses are the same here with the homes attached. Some newer builds will even call them condos. Rowhouses would also work. Three stories totalling 1,500 sq. Ft. sounds tall and narrow to me. Also, some people don't include the basement in the square footage if it isn't finished space.

2TMama, have you found any floor plans you like?
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #8
2TMama
Rose Garden

Flawed & Forgiven. Rescued, Redeemed & Restored. Image Bearer, Grace Embracer, Joy Seeker & Hope Stirrer.

2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute2TMama has a reputation beyond repute

No, haven't found anything yet.

By "upstairs" laundry...I mean MAIN LEVEL (not in the basement OR requiring a flight lf stais to get to it ).

Do any of you have "closet laundry"? If so, how do you like it?

2TMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 2TMama For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 11:10 AM   #9
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

My house is a tri-level with 1800 sf so doesn't fit your criteria, but I do have a closet laundry so I wanted to answer that question. I really like it. It's just as big as it needs to be, no bigger. If we had space for laundry to pile up, laundry would pile up.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
2TMama (08-09-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 01:22 PM   #10
squiddles
Climbing Rose

squiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond reputesquiddles has a reputation beyond repute

Just flipping through the book of designs from the builder we are using this the only one remotely close, but adding even a small basement would bump the sqft to nearly 1700

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Scrolling through the house plans site there really are very few with the things you'd like. Virtually any house can have a basement added... so while these plans don't have one they could
https://mobile.houseplans.com/plan/1...2-garage-16961

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

https://mobile.houseplans.com/plan/1...2-garage-10842

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

This ones cute
https://mobile.houseplans.com/plan/1...raftsman-39230

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Although, if you've been looking for a while you've likely already seen all these lol

squiddles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiddles For This Useful Post:
2TMama (08-09-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 01:23 PM   #11
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TMama View Post
No, haven't found anything yet.

By "upstairs" laundry...I mean MAIN LEVEL (not in the basement OR requiring a flight lf stais to get to it ).

Do any of you have "closet laundry"? If so, how do you like it?
I was actually forced in to main floor laundry. I *thought* I wanted laundry in the basement but ended up with a house that has it on the main floor. I will never go back . LOVE it.

Ours is "closet laundry." I would love to have a full dedicated laundry room but frankly the house isn't big enough to warrant it and I'd likely be annoyed at the unecessary waste of space that could go to better things.

My laundry closet is in the hallway and is probably about 6 feet wide or so... With bifold doors. I have a stacking washer and dryer (tho side by side would also fit I just stacked them to save space) which leaves me about 3 feet or so next to the machines for shelves where I keep my baskets and laundry supplies. It's been a really good system for us and I love it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
2TMama (08-09-2017), squiddles (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #12
sweetpeas
Rose Trellis

sweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeas has a reputation beyond repute

My mom has a closet laundry in the hall right outside her bedroom. It works well for her, she carries the clean clothes in on her bed to fold, and sorts her dirty clothes in her closet/bathroom area.

When my kids were babies, our house had an almost-closet-sized "laundry room (it was a room you walked into, with a door that closed, but was just big enough to stand in front of the washer/dryer) on the 2nd floor, right outside the master bedroom. That was awesome! If I had tons of laundry to sort, I'd do it in my room, but often also had a pile of dirty clothes that I was "walking on" in front of the washer. All the clothes stayed right there near the bedrooms. Now, we're in a 2 story house again, but with the laundry on the main floor. It's a trade off, I have a clothesline here, so having the washer right inside the back door is nice for taking clothes out to hang. And I like being able to toss kitchen towels & dishcloths straight in the washer as I walk by. But it does mean having to carry the dirty clothes down to the washer, and the clean clothes upstairs to put away.

Busy Homeschooling Mom to 3 Sweetpeas:
Lexie & Ashlyn 16 yr old twins
and
Lina, 9
Virtual Accountant and Bookkeeper in my "spare time"
sweetpeas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeas For This Useful Post:
2TMama (08-09-2017)