Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 12-13-2020, 04:31 PM   #31
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me improve out kitchen lighting ... fixtures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonshineMama View Post
No worries. I’m fascinated. My husband also said it’s to brand. However I like daylight and shining down on me so I don’t like enclosed fixtures much
Grace, Simon, and I all have glare issues (migraine trigger) so we do the opposite. All indirect lighting. Grace is so sensitive that she can tell the difference between generic and brand name LED bulbs. She can detect the slower refresh rate. We joke we are like the X Men with our supernatural senses.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (12-14-2020), knitlove (12-13-2020), tempus vernum (12-13-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #32
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Grace, Simon, and I all have glare issues (migraine trigger) so we do the opposite. All indirect lighting. Grace is so sensitive that she can tell the difference between generic and brand name LED bulbs. She can detect the slower refresh rate. We joke we are like the X Men with our supernatural senses.
I’m wondering suddenly if this is why S wears sunglasses inside oh dear.....

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (12-14-2020)
Old 12-13-2020, 06:35 PM   #33
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Oh my yes!!! I have to have all the lights being the same brand in any room.

I had it in my iep in school that once a year I could ask for the light bulbs to get rearranged so that the colors would match on my desk.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
Soliloquy (12-14-2020)
Old 12-14-2020, 02:46 PM   #34
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

When I was in school, overhead projectors, where the teacher has a clear plastic film to write on, were very common in high school and college. If the overhead protector AND the regular lights were on, I felt like my head would explode. I remember looking around the room and wondering why it didn't seem to bother anyone else.

When I was a teacher, the lights were always off when I used the overhead. . And when I got a classroom with lots of windows, I usually kept the lights off entirely. (They were all those horrid fluorescent tube lights.)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote:
I’m wondering suddenly if this is why S wears sunglasses inside oh dear.....
Maybe ... or it could be "don't notice me" or something else entirely.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (12-14-2020), knitlove (12-14-2020), tempus vernum (12-14-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 07:28 AM   #35
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

So DH has installed just our track listing and I’ve realized every light fixture in this house is dim including the cabinet lights I was ok with

We got the other two fixtures but dh hasn’t had a minute to install. Excuse the mess LOL . In my family rooms defense it’s lit by only the Christmas tree at the moment but here my new fixture .. I love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 AM ----------

Oh and the Polly pocket is a family thing. Been hanging from a kitchen light fixture in the old house for years and kids insisted we bring and hang in new kitchen dd1 hung it years and years ago and rehung it in the new kitchen the day we moved. When dh changed the fixture she also hung it on the new one . I’m guessing they will expect us to take this Polly pocket to every place we live and eventually dd1 will inherit it we r kinda zany

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Quiteria (12-24-2020), twoplustwo (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 07:50 AM   #36
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Oh horray! Having good lights in a house in December is important.

Did you replace bulbs when you moved in? Replacing everything with led's with higher lumins might help the rest of the house some.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

And I love the polly pocket story!

tempus vernum (12-23-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 08:30 AM   #37
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

We replaced the ones that can use leds. Some are so ancient we can’t find LEDs

One thing that’s weird is we had ceiling fixtures in the bedrooms and living spaces here at old house and do not here. Only kitchen bathrooms and hallways have them here... So we need to fix the lamp/lighting situation in those rooms too . We’ve been unsure what we want to do and didn’t realize it until the winter started hitting.

Plus all fixtures were replaced in the last 10 years. This house was built in the 70’s and looks like our new fixture is the only new one.

Now that my breakfast bar and work space is lit I’m ok going slow. We bought a good make up mirror for the bathroom so we have time to decide. We r usually a little slow usually to decide so dh was shocked I bought 3 fixtures in 72 hours

Old 12-23-2020, 09:14 AM   #38
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

That looks really nice! I'll bet you are loving it! I just replaced some of my LEDs with daylight instead of soft white. I don't like the bluer light but I did it to help me fight depression.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
tempus vernum (12-24-2020)
Old 12-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #39
knitlove
Rose Garden

Quote:
We replaced the ones that can use leds. Some are so ancient we can’t find LEDs

One thing that’s weird is we had ceiling fixtures in the bedrooms and living spaces here at old house and do not here. Only kitchen bathrooms and hallways have them here... So we need to fix the lamp/lighting situation in those rooms too . We’ve been unsure what we want to do and didn’t realize it until the winter started hitting.

Plus all fixtures were replaced in the last 10 years. This house was built in the 70’s and looks like our new fixture is the only new one.

Now that my breakfast bar and work space is lit I’m ok going slow. We bought a good make up mirror for the bathroom so we have time to decide. We r usually a little slow usually to decide so dh was shocked I bought 3 fixtures in 72 hours
What ones can you not find things for?

And what is the world is with it with houses that have no lights!!! Our house I. Burlington was like that, the only light fixtures were in the bathroom and kitchen. It was totally crazy. This house is slight better but I still want more lights in the living room - I typically ovoid that room because it is so dark.

I am so so glad you have one good area of light it helps so so much.

Last edited by knitlove; 12-23-2020 at 10:43 AM.
tempus vernum (12-23-2020)