Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #1
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Self Care One Can do in 5-10 minutes

I need help with ideas.

chat on the phone with an old friend
dance to music
read something that makes me laugh out loud
take pictures
rinse off in the shower (60 second shower)
enjoy a cup of tea in silence

Other quick ideas?
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
MaybeGracie
Moderator in A Twinkle in Our Eyes, Cradled in Our Wombs, Gentle Discipline, Nurturing Our Children, and Let's Talk

MaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond reputeMaybeGracie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Self Care One Can do in 5-10 minutes

meditate/pray
eat a piece of chocolate in private
take five minutes in the bathroom to wash face, brush hair, and enjoy the silence
five minute tidy of your own personal space
draw/colour
step outside for a few minutes of fresh air
journal

Ezer Kenegdo to Isaac since 2007
Raising Jacob (16), Luke (14), Lily (11), Elizabeth (9), Clara (6), and Emily (3) in the knowledge and love of God

Blogging at The Hippie Housewife about attachment parenting, natural living, life as a Jesus-follower, and more, all tied together through our journey towards a more intentional life.
MaybeGracie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaybeGracie For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 02:02 PM   #3
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

hot epsom salt foot soak (in a nice big basin or bowl) with a drop of lavender or other essential oil that soothes.

Putting on a little make up.

Sitting outside with a warm beverage and a book for a quick chapter.

A brisk walk down the road.

A few sets of hoedowns or a quick round through PBS.

Cleaning 1 small area and taking a before and after picture (maybe that's just my T3 need for visual satisfaction )
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ValiantJoy07 For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015), MaybeGracie (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

write a gratitude list
write a worry list
focused breathing (one nostril breathing is very relaxing to me...in one side, out the other)
Old 10-27-2015, 02:47 PM   #5
Anne Ofalamo
Rose Blossom

~never lose your joy

Anne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of lightAnne Ofalamo is a glorious beacon of light

chew on an ice cube...love it
lots of lotion on the feet and put on soft socks
game of solitaire with a real deck of cards!
send an email or text to a friend or family member with encouraging words
sing into a fan while it is on high
drink out of the milk cartoon
pop in bubble gum and blow a big ol' bubble without giggling, oh golly, giggling works too
color one color in a grown up zentangle.....
Twinky Dinks(girls-identical twins) (16)
the Beast (10)
Whit (8)
Little man (7)
Bits of our LIfe Blog
Anne Ofalamo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anne Ofalamo For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015), houseforjoy (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 03:20 PM   #6
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

paint fingernails or toenails
shower
cup of homebrewed coffee
reading
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #7
Kiara.I
Rose Garden

Location: The Pacific South-West. You know, north of the Pacific North-West
Kiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond reputeKiara.I has a reputation beyond repute

Drink a glass of water.
Take the supplements/vitamins that you always mean to...
Dig a few dandelions or cat's ears out of the lawn. (This might or might not be self-care, depending on how you approach gardening/yard maintenance.)
Hug a tree.
Read a short devotional and then listen to God for the remainder of the 5 minutes.
Turn on the essential oil vaporizer.
Add jewelry to your outfit.
Pull together your outfit for the next day. (That's more of a "make tomorrow better" thing so it's sort of future self-care.)
Pray a Psalm
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiara.I For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #8
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

Before the flood I kept my bedroom like a little spa. I kept it a little cooler with low light and relaxation music playing. I kept it always clean, smelling nice and very pretty, bed always made etc. we even have matching spa robes. a couple of times a day I would just go in there for a few minutes to just breathe. Even just walking in there to put something away felt good. I need to get it back in spa condition.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015), JoyGal (11-03-2015), MaybeGracie (10-27-2015), Quiteria (10-29-2015), Reva (10-22-2017), Virginia (10-14-2017)
Old 10-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #9
ECingMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons View Post
Before the flood I kept my bedroom like a little spa. I kept it a little cooler with low light and relaxation music playing. I kept it always clean, smelling nice and very pretty, bed always made etc. we even have matching spa robes. a couple of times a day I would just go in there for a few minutes to just breathe. Even just walking in there to put something away felt good. I need to get it back in spa condition.
What an amazing idea!

I hope you can get it back to its glory very soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Mother of Sons (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #10
everybody's mother
Rose Bouquet

everybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to beholdeverybody's mother is a splendid one to behold

*sing into the fan while its on high* lol. I thought I was the only grown up who still did that!

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk
everybody's mother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to everybody's mother For This Useful Post:
Anne Ofalamo (10-28-2015), ECingMama (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 05:54 PM   #11
Sweet Life
Rose Garden

Sweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond reputeSweet Life has a reputation beyond repute

Wash your face
Drink a cup of tea
Watch something FUNNY on YouTube (silly animal videos, america's funniest home videos...whatever)
Say a thankful prayer
Hold a newborn
Cry into a pillow
Give yourself a foot massage with coconut oil and lavendar EO
Brainstorm a list of things you'd do to help others if you had unlimited time and resources
Think of three positive things others would say about you
ECingMama (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of Sons View Post
I love this.

mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mommylove For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015), Mother of Sons (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #13
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Get dressed by yourself.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #14
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

brush and floss (clean teeth feel awesome, even in the middle of the day!)

hold a pet if you have one (or can borrow a neighbor's)

look at a blog that makes you feel good

stretch

do a sun salutation (yoga)

take a mini walk (I love taking the garbage out after I clean the kitchen at night)

eat something out of your secret stash of goodies (I can't be the only one who has one)

lie or sit for a minute in the only clean room in your house, whatever that may be

lie in the grass under a tree (weather permitting)

buy some fresh flowers or pick some wildflowers, put in a vase on table

look at pictures of good times

write a letter to someone you miss

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-27-2015), rdsmommy (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #15
twoplustwo

twoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond reputetwoplustwo has a reputation beyond repute

All mine have been mentioned. (my big to go for a quick break is tea with a piece of dark chocolate).

Except check gcm!
Cherished (dd, 12/2005)
Warrior (ds, 07/2007)

saved & baptized (2004)
Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16:16
twoplustwo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twoplustwo For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (10-28-2015)