Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Vegetarianism & Veganism (Veg Support Forum) *Public* [Join Forum to Post] > Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:51 PM   #16
poleidopy
Deactivated

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.

poleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicious!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomer
Well I have the oven door closed and it's going on 3 hours right now. But I think I made them a little thick - I used my biggest pan and filled it. A cup is a lot!

I'll let you know when they're done.
I make them so thin you can see through them, pretty much. Let me know how they turn out. Maybe i'll try thick ones next time.
poleidopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #17
thomer
Rose Garden

thomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicious!)

Think they'll finish if I take them out? My granola didn't get really cruchy until I took it out of the oven and it cooled.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #18
poleidopy
Deactivated

poleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond reputepoleidopy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomer
Think they'll finish if I take them out? My granola didn't get really cruchy until I took it out of the oven and it cooled.
I don't know...mine were always crunchy when I took them out. if you take them out & they still aren't crunchy you can always stick them back in.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #19
thomer
Rose Garden

thomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond reputethomer has a reputation beyond repute

Well I took them out and let them cool. They were crunchy on top and soft on the bottom. The thinner parts were glued to the pan The thicker parts I pried up and turned over and stuck back in the oven.

I tasted some, don't really like them. :/ Maybe I didn't put enough spice in. Oh well, maybe DH will like them.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #20
poleidopy
Deactivated

yeah, you really have to add a lot of spices so they don't taste so, well....like seeds.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #21
thomer
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by poleidopy
yeah, you really have to add a lot of spices so they don't taste so, well....like seeds.
Yeah, that's pretty much what they tasted like. Maybe I can eat them with dip or something.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:32 PM   #22
poleidopy
Deactivated

yeah, if they're relly thick, you can eat them with salsa or guacamole or anything. Sorry they didn't turn out that good. :/
Old 05-03-2007, 09:01 PM   #23
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicio

I'm going to try them in our food dehydrator this weekend
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
waterbaby

Default Re: Pics of the 3 RAW recipes I made this past week. (And they were SOO delicio

oh my gosh...subbing and drooling
Old 05-04-2007, 05:47 PM   #25
thomer
Rose Garden

DH said the crackers I made tasted like grass.

But, we've been fighting over the cookies. And he hasn't eaten his share yet and they're driving me nuts!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 07:10 PM   #26
Unique
Rose Garden

Unique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud ofUnique has much to be proud of

What do you do when life questions your faith?
When all of the dreams you had seem like they're drifting away
And it takes all of your strength just to make it through the day
But through it all keep on trusting God

Trusting God - Dietrick Haddon
Unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 08:57 AM   #27
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute

The crackers turned out nicely and were a hit! I put a little vinegar, dill and sea salt..and they taste like dill pickle chips.

Kawani, thank you soooo much for the coconut ball recipe. They're helping me kick my chocolate habit and sooo yummy.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #28
poleidopy
Deactivated

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlebirth
Kawani, thank you soooo much for the coconut ball recipe. They're helping me kick my chocolate habit and sooo yummy.
No problem! I'm keeping my eyes open for more great recipes. I was really sad when I came home & there wee no cookies left. I have no other chocolate in the house! Argh!!!!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #29
diamondintherough

I made the chocolate/coconut thingies. Yum! I rolled mine into balls and then rolled 1/2 of them into coconut and left the other 1/2 plain. I called them Moosetracks and Moosetracks in the snow

ETA---O.k. THIS is big. Dh who does not partake in my culinary whims actually had one and made positive comments about it! He's diabetic so he has to be careful because dates are full of sugar, but he really enjoyed it. It appeared to me that he would have eaten more if it weren't for the sugar factor. I think I will use less nut butter and more cocoa powder next time or I may buy some cacao and try that.

I DO think it would work with sunflower seeds, preferably soaked first.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:18 AM   #30
crunchymum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

speak softly and carry a big coffee

crunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond reputecrunchymum has a reputation beyond repute

i want a dehydrator.

birth doula
my waterbirth montage
my etsy!

"i did not want my children to love me because i had been an adequate mother, because i would never be one, this i already knew. i wanted my children to love me for the same reason i want my children themselves to be loved: because we are all irreducible, irreplaceable." -gina bria
crunchymum is offline   Reply With Quote