Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #46
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: INSTANT POT owners!

My pot is due to arrive tomorrow! What is the first meal I should try in it? I have chicken breasts and 2lbs of 50/50 ground beef & ground pork on hand. Any suggestions for an easy first try meal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ENFJ, please excuse my stream of consciousness posts.

Battled infertility for 3 1/2 years before DD (PCOS)
TTC #2 for 6 months (3 ovulations)

Married to DH since Aug 2004
DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
Michele123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Michele123 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 01:41 AM   #47
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

I highly recommend doing the test run that is explained in the instruction manual. I never do things like that cause I'm always in a hurry to get right on to the real stuff, but on a whim I decided to and am super glad I did because there was a bit of a learning curve and I was glad to do it on water. It only takes a few minutes, so well worth the time.

Doing something with chicken breasts is probably an easy first start. Do some googling, or find something in the cookbook that comes with it that works well for your family.

Most of the meals with the ground meat will require first browning the meat, which is easy and you can do right in the instant pot, but doing something that doesn't require this first step might be easier.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

oooh, if your family likes oatmeal that's a really nice and easy meal to make too in it. I use steel cut oats which usually require overnight in the crock pot.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Michele123 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 03:53 PM   #48
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like most of us made hard boiled eggs in it as our first recipe.

I only partly brown the meat before adding the rest of the ingredients, knowing that the meat will finish cooking in the next 5-10 minutes of high pressure.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ECingMama For This Useful Post:
Michele123 (05-20-2016)
Old 05-20-2016, 04:46 PM   #49
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Which model did you end up with?
Old 05-20-2016, 08:19 PM   #50
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
Which model did you end up with?

I'm a techie. I bought the Bluetooth model.

It arrived today but I don't think I'll be able to take it out of the box until Monday. Today was DS's second birthday and tomorrow all the in-laws are coming for his party. Sunday is church stuff.

Monday I hope to get to play with it. I'll try the water test first then boil some eggs. Thanks for the suggestions!

DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
2sunshines (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 01:50 AM   #51
2sunshines

I have yet to do the boiled egg thing. I actually forgot about it. Maybe I'll try that this morning.
Old 05-21-2016, 09:20 AM   #52
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

Cheesecake is my husband's favorite dessert. Made it in the IP yesterday.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:21 AM   #53
blessedwithboys
Rose Garden

blessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond reputeblessedwithboys has a reputation beyond repute

I got my IP in like February and have loved it. As of this week though, it no longer will come up to pressure.
blessedwithboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 11:13 AM   #54
ECingMama
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post
I got my IP in like February and have loved it. As of this week though, it no longer will come up to pressure.
Let company know. Surely they'll replace.
Old 05-22-2016, 02:06 PM   #55
2sunshines

Quote:
Yikes! That makes me nervous! It is a rather big investment... let us know what the company says about it!
Old 05-22-2016, 11:52 PM   #56
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Have you checked to make sure the sealing ring is in good shape? But do contact them. I'd like to hear how it goes as well.
ECingMama (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 05:49 AM   #57
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Default INSTANT POT owners!

I finally was able to unbox mine yesterday. Apparently whoever was checking it at the Amazon warehouse was asleep on the job. It was missing several things, the condensation collector, the instruction Manuel, and the cookbook! The last two I was able to download from th website but the first piece I obviously can't do without. So now I'm sending it back I'll wait for a sale now and just buy a new one. I've never had trouble with a warehouse deal before!

DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
2sunshines (05-23-2016)
Old 05-23-2016, 10:19 AM   #58
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's disappointing. I'm considering getting one since of could replace my rice cooker, yogurt maker and one of my two crockpots....

I'll wait for a sale.
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #59
DahliaRW
Rose Garden

DahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond reputeDahliaRW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele123 View Post
I finally was able to unbox mine yesterday. Apparently whoever was checking it at the Amazon warehouse was asleep on the job. It was missing several things, the condensation collector, the instruction Manuel, and the cookbook! The last two I was able to download from th website but the first piece I obviously can't do without. So now I'm sending it back I'll wait for a sale now and just buy a new one. I've never had trouble with a warehouse deal before!

Did you talk to Amazon before sending it back? Usually they are really good about things like this. They may have just given you a new one for that price. Or at least I've had similar happen in the past.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:58 PM   #60
Michele123
Rose Trellis

I clicked the links and was never given an option to talk to someone. Just an option to return and give a reason for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016