Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:46 AM   #31
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone just want to chat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
We had 50 people come by our house last night. This is our fifth year to set up our fire pit in the front yard with seating and we serve hot chocolate, popcorn, and, of course, candy. So much fun!
That's such a great idea, and such a great way to be neighborly! We don't have sidewalks so we are lucky to get 2-3 trick or treaters .
DD1 (24), married to my dearly loved son-in-law
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
Laurlor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laurlor For This Useful Post:
charla (11-02-2018), Virginia (11-05-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #32
simplegirl
Rose Garden

She's a good girl, loves her Mama, loves Jesus, and Kentucky too

simplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond reputesimplegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rice on Sunday evenings after church has become a tradition in our house - you can top it with whatever you can find!
This is a fantastic idea!

Our city moved its ToT this year to the evening before because we were supposed to get torrential rain...which did happen.

I'm in a funk...usually I'm happy, upbeat and easy-going but I have drama going on in at least 5 different areas in my life. It is really strange! I don't want to be the Debbie Downer of the thread...so carry on!
simplegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simplegirl For This Useful Post:
charla (11-02-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #33
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplegirl View Post
I'm in a funk...usually I'm happy, upbeat and easy-going but I have drama going on in at least 5 different areas in my life. It is really strange! I don't want to be the Debbie Downer of the thread...so carry on!

and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
simplegirl (11-02-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 07:41 PM   #34
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_T View Post
How are you getting on with the cat re-homing?

I helped my younger DC make apple crumble this afternoon The youngest wasn't very keen to actually try it but he ended up wanting seconds!

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Desiree, how is your road trip?
I'm so tired! The driving went fine. The 8 moms are exhausting. The drama could be worse, but we have some major personality conflicts. Also, our coach is keeping us busy! And I'm not getting enough sleep.

I hurt my knee driving up here. 14 hours split over 2 days. Sunday we drive back 14 hours straight. Please pray that I survive!!!

I think Joanna is having fun. She's playing awesome. They made it into the gold bracket and their goal was silver. Their coach didn't think they'd win any games today and they won 2/3!

Today is the 1st anniversary of mil's death. I am sad that I'm not with my husband and the rest of my kids today. I miss her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Vicki_T (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 04:33 AM   #35
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplegirl View Post
I'm sorry. I'm praying for you! Feel free to vent the ups AND downs here in this thread. We can simultaneously handle both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofjoy View Post
Today is the 1st anniversary of mil's death. I am sad that I'm not with my husband and the rest of my kids today. I miss her.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

So... . what are everyone's weekend plans?

This is our first weekend in a while with NO cross country meet for the high schoolers!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cross country season and LOVE watching them run, but am also really glad when it's done. I love having nothing scheduled on the weekends.

Not sure what we'll do. Hopefully get a lot of the final prep for winter yard work and leaf raking done.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (11-03-2018), simplegirl (11-05-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 06:07 AM   #36
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Laurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond reputeLaurlor has a reputation beyond repute

After 16 years at our old church, we've been at a new church since January.... Last night I had signed up to go to dinner for a "Table for Four" with three ladies I'd never met. I was kind of dreading it because I was tired and feeling introverted, but it was actually really nice! They all knew each other well, but were very inclusive and friendly . It really helps me just to have faces I can say hi to on Sunday.

Today DH and I are going away just for the day to celebrate both of our birthdays. We don't have a firm plan, but we wanted to go hiking in the mountains and are hoping to see some fall colors (which is a long shot because we live in S. CA and it was 87 here yesterday)....but maybe in the mountains? We may also go wine tasting at a nearby town. We're not big drinkers, but doing something "adult" without the kids just sounds fun.

Family birthday party on Sunday, and chili cookout at church that night!
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laurlor For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (11-03-2018), RiverRock (11-03-2018), Vicki_T (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #37
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

My son is home from college last night and today. It is good to have him home for awhile.
I'm writing a curriculum on emotions for our children's ministry and am hoping to start it tomorrow night. I don't have it quite done, but I do have tomorrow's lesson ready.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
knitlove (11-03-2018), Laurlor (11-03-2018), RiverRock (11-03-2018), Vicki_T (11-03-2018), Virginia (11-05-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #38
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, Desiree, and I hope your knee recovers quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post

So... . what are everyone's weekend plans?

This is our first weekend in a while with NO cross country meet for the high schoolers!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE cross country season and LOVE watching them run, but am also really glad when it's done. I love having nothing scheduled on the weekends.

Not sure what we'll do. Hopefully get a lot of the final prep for winter yard work and leaf raking done.
Our weekend is half over now! The DC had activities this morning, then we went bowling and for dinner with my sister and her dh, which was good fun!

Laurie, I would have been so nervous about that too, so I'm glad it went well I hope you enjoyed your day trip too.

Charla, you must be so glad to have your DS home for the night!
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vicki_T For This Useful Post:
charla (11-03-2018), heartofjoy (11-03-2018), Laurlor (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #39
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

I have no plans at all for the weekend and I love it! Just laying around enjoying the finally nice weather.

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (11-03-2018), kiloyd (11-03-2018), Laurlor (11-03-2018), Vicki_T (11-03-2018), Virginia (11-05-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #40
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

Laurie, how was your day out with the hubby?

We had a nice quiet day. Dh and I left the house before the kids even got out of bed (which wasn't hard since our kids are getting old and take full advantage of sleep in days which are fairly rare ). Went out for coffee. Drove around town. Checked out a local craft bazaar.

This afternoon dh and ds17 took care of all the lawn work in preparation for winter.

Then tonight we just chilled and watch a few shows on streaming.

I'm ready for bed!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Laurlor (11-03-2018), Vicki_T (11-04-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #41
kiloyd
Rose Garden

kiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond reputekiloyd has a reputation beyond repute

I took my younger 3 plus the 3 yr old and 6 mo old I watch to our farmer's market and the our local train museum. They got to hold a chicken and pet a cow.

Then when the 3 yr old napped, my 11 yr old got the baby down for a nap so I napped too!
dd1 18
dd2 16
ds2 10
kiloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kiloyd For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (11-03-2018), Laurlor (11-03-2018), Vicki_T (11-04-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 08:40 PM   #42
Laurlor
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
Laurie, how was your day out with the hubby?

We had a nice quiet day. Dh and I left the house before the kids even got out of bed (which wasn't hard since our kids are getting old and take full advantage of sleep in days which are fairly rare ). Went out for coffee. Drove around town. Checked out a local craft bazaar.

This afternoon dh and ds17 took care of all the lawn work in preparation for winter.

Then tonight we just chilled and watch a few shows on streaming.

I'm ready for bed!
It was actually SOOO good....thank you for asking! We really need to do that more but I have a hard time leaving DS because he gets so lonely and I just don't have many options for him for a whole day . We went to an adorable town about an hour away and ate THE MOST AMAZING cappuccino chocolate chip muffin and goat cheese/leek quiche for breakfast at a farmer's market. We drove up to the mountains and the weather was gorgeous....we went for a hike among the (sort of) fall colors! Then down the hill to a winery and did a little wine tasting, off to a trendy pizza place for dinner, back home near our town and had pumpkin gelato and now we're home! We seriously spoiled ourselves and it was great! It's amazing how much we did in one day.

Your day with your hubby sounds really nice too!

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote:
My son is home from college last night and today. It is good to have him home for awhile.
How is college going, and how are you guys doing without him? This is DD's freshman year too. We miss her SO much but she's doing great so that helps . I'm counting the days until Thanksgiving break!
DD2 (22)
DS (19)
The Following User Says Thank You to Laurlor For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (11-04-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 09:12 PM   #43
charla
Administrator

College is going well for him. He is loving it. Calculus is proving to be difficult, but we are praying he can get through it with a strong C. We've gotten to see him fairly often which is nice, but saying "goodbye" over and over is still rather difficult for me, but we are all adjusting. I'm so happy you get to see your dd at Thanksgiving. It will be such a sweet time.

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Laurlor (11-04-2018), Vicki_T (11-04-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 10:03 PM   #44
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

I turned back the clock on my oven! I'm so excited to have an extra hour tonight!!
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 02:40 AM   #45
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Enjoy your extra hour!
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote