Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #16
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

Took a bin to OUAC, got $20, came home and threw everything else in a big white trash bag and sold it within minutes on a local baby stuff page for another $20! THIS gives me momentum!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (08-08-2014), bentlaj11 (08-08-2014), Blue-EyedLady (08-10-2014), Chaos Coordinator (08-08-2014), graciousmomma (08-08-2014), Hopetobe (08-17-2014), rjy9343 (08-08-2014), sunflowermom (08-10-2014)
The Following User Says they are praying for blondie:
kimberly569 (08-27-2014)
Old 08-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #17
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjy9343 View Post
I'm in. We started decluttering our kitchen and plan on spending at least a week in each room. Probably more time than we need, but we are both tired and want to give ourselves plenty of room. If we get a room done before a week is out, we figure we are on top of things.
That's a great plan to avoid burn-out too.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 04:50 PM   #18
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

I've gotten rid of math u see and have someone lined up to buy the last of my hwt stuff.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:46 PM   #19
lucie
Climbing Rose

lucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant future

I just took bunch of stuff to goodwill or Salvation Army or something, just dropped it off at the truck. One box full of baby clothes I meant to sell, but it had been sitting in the closet for two years so I faced the truth and realized I'm just not going to go through with it and donated it instead. I also threw away a ton of stuff that was too beat up to wear and was just taking up space.
It feels really good to be making progress!
lucie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:22 AM   #20
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future

Late to the game, but I need to do this. My goal was to get the basement completely sorted, decluttered and organized over the summer. I got about 75% done and then just stopped. Must finish! The rest of the house needs it, too, but one thing at a time.
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #21
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I need to be here. I reorganized a couple of closets last month and donated some stuff already this month. I need to go through my clothes. DS3 is our last baby, so it's time to get rid of all the maternity stuff. And my regular clothes are looking pretty shabby, so I need to get new things that actually fit my current body and get rid of the old stuff.

I also want to tackle the shelves in the laundry area. I never got to them on the last round of decluttering, and they're worse now. Completely unusable.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #22
backtobasicsmum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

backtobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond repute

A big bag of toys went out to the van to be donated. I also went through my linen cupboard and took out a big pile of stuff that I wasn't really using and was just taking up space.

Next week my mom is here so hopefully we can do a big clean/sort of the school/play room.
J - 14 My sparkly girl
L - 11 My funny boy
O - 9 My snuggly boy
backtobasicsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #23
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I sorted through the maternity clothes and divided them into piles.

Old 08-10-2014, 05:07 PM   #24
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

We got a few things purged from our basement and sold them on craigslist this weekend. I decluttered my desk a bit, and there is a consignment sale coming up this next weekend that I plan on participating in, so that means more cleaning and decluttering throughout the week! Yay for progress!
sunflowermom (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #25
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

I got rid of a huge box of baby things- gave it to my nephews. We also moved a ton of things to storage, and plan to go through a box at a time to decide what to allow back into our home. I hope that works! I'm loving this decluttered feeling we have going on, but I know that all of it is in boxes still waiting for me to sort through.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

I decluttered some ancient condiments tonight.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
lucie (08-10-2014), silverlining (08-11-2014), sunflowermom (08-11-2014), sweetpeasmommy (08-10-2014)
Old 08-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #27
lucie
Climbing Rose

lucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant futurelucie has a brilliant future

I threw away about 10 empty boxes Why is it so hard to throw boxes away???
lucie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lucie For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (08-14-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 09:09 AM   #28
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

I am slowly going through the stuff in my son's room. I've already tossed 4 grocery sacks full of trash and two shoe boxes full. And I'm not done going through his closet yet.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:30 AM   #29
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucie View Post
I threw away about 10 empty boxes Why is it so hard to throw boxes away???
Yeah, what is it with boxes? I have used or recycled all my boxes, and now I feel the need to go shopping at Costco. Why?
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
lucie (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 09:45 AM   #30
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

I need to take a load to donate. I posted some things for sale this am. I can do more, if i get my act together.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote