Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Specific Issues > Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Unprepared for Parenting (Ezzos, Pearls, Etc.) *Public* Support and information for those affected by the Ezzos, the Pearls, and other punitive and adversarial methods of child-rearing.
A public forum.
Before posting here, please read this sticky and keep guideline 23 in mind:

23. No posts harshly dissecting parenting moments of others since we desire to humbly cultivate a heart attitude of grace and not judgment towards other mamas. We all struggle at times as parents and have much to learn, and GCM's focus is to provide tools and information for each of us to parent more effectively. Posts voicing some frustration regarding choices made by others can be okay, but it needs to be within the overall context of seeking understanding or ideas for better responses in the future.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #76
BarefootBetsy
Rose Garden

"You are on the path...exactly where you are meant to be."

BarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond reputeBarefootBetsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gangbangers and Gluesticks

Wow... I'm so glad this was bumped! Extremely thought-provoking and wow... <- that last one because apparently gang members are more thoughtful and kind that Christian parenting gurus are

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any views or opinions presented in the above posts are solely those of BarefootBetsy, the GCM member, and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of anyone else in the entire world.
BarefootBetsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BarefootBetsy For This Useful Post:
Maggirayne (03-18-2011), nadezhda (03-10-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 09:01 AM   #77
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

That story is unreal. Thank you for posting, something else in my growing arsenal for the thou shalt spank crowd. But that story illustrates a point I made to DH a few days ago. That point is if there were no "Christians" saying that if you don't spank, you are sinning, then we would be openly horrified at the very idea of hitting a child on a regular basis. I'm not saying we would be up in arms because a parent lost it and slapped their kid after the tenth time she back talked that day, (we would not approve), but we would be appalled and vocally so if there were not people saying it is God's will. The gang members' reaction says it all.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
nadezhda (03-10-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #78
NewCovenantMama
Climbing Rose

NewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
That is really...wow... I am filing that story away and the one earlier from Atarah about the similarities she found in the book "Creative Correction" to the phychological torture methods used by POW camps in her POW training.
I just can't believe that of all people, it's CHRISTIANS who do these things. I just don't get it...
Can't find this thread. Can anyone post a link to it?
NewCovenantMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewCovenantMama For This Useful Post:
BarefootBetsy (03-06-2011), dulce de leche (03-06-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 02:59 PM   #79
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Psychological torture as "creative Correction."

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
deena (03-10-2011), JessicaTX (03-10-2011), NewCovenantMama (03-07-2011), rjy9343 (03-07-2011)
Old 03-07-2011, 04:42 AM   #80
NewCovenantMama
Climbing Rose

NewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond reputeNewCovenantMama has a reputation beyond repute

Already found it, but thanks anyway

Emma
NewCovenantMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:09 AM   #81
PDX Mommy
Rose Trellis

PDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond reputePDX Mommy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! I have a friend who told me about how her cousin starts training her kids around 7 or 8 mo to sit still & quiet through a long church service. She told me that her cousin hit her babies with glue sticks, but I visualized the Elmer's Glue Sticks and couldn't figure out how that would work. Now that I know, I'm just sickened. Those poor children!

Evan ~ February 2008

Joshua ~ November 2009

PDX Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #82
AppleSauceCookies
Deactivated

AppleSauceCookies will become famous soon enough

Last edited by AppleSauceCookies; 03-08-2011 at 02:52 PM.
AppleSauceCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:09 AM   #83
nadezhda
Deactivated

God's will cannot lead me where His grace will not keep me.

nadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond reputenadezhda has a reputation beyond repute

Another one who's glad this got bumped...and another one who can only say, " wow. "
nadezhda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #84
raining_kisses
Deactivated

..a little child, born yesterday, A thing on mother's milk and kisses fed... ~"Hymn to Mercury"

raining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond reputeraining_kisses has a reputation beyond repute

oh how sad. Wow too,
raining_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #85
Mama Rophe
Rose Garden

Mama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond reputeMama Rophe has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to have this story written out in blog form so I could share it on my fb page. I know a couple of people that could definitely benefit from reading it.
BarefootBetsy (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #86
Hermana Linda
Administrator

"air-mannah Leen-dah" it means Sister Linda in Spanish

Hermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond reputeHermana Linda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Rophe View Post
I'd love to have this story written out in blog form so I could share it on my fb page. I know a couple of people that could definitely benefit from reading it.
Me too. I linked to it here. It is a public page. The link is http://www.gentlechristianmothers.com/community/showpost.php?p=1096598&postcount=1

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Or you could share it from my link on whynottrainachild's fb page.

My pages:
Why Not Train A Child? and the FB Page as well as @WhyNotTrain on Twitter
Read about how my husband was Pulled From The River By God
Hermana Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hermana Linda For This Useful Post:
deena (03-10-2011), Mama Rophe (03-10-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #87
Stiina
Rose Garden

Not Sharing Exuberantly Anymore

Stiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond reputeStiina has a reputation beyond repute

I would have never seen it either. And thanks for posting it.

I, too, had never heard of Ezzos, Pearls, or anything like that before I came here. I am always always when I read things like this...but now this will enlighten me to what is actually out there.
I can't believe there's a BOOK that teaches this!!!!!!!
Stiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #88
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

Ill change it up a bit and say...

Whoa.

I cannot imagine being brave enough to walk up to a group of gang bangers.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
Leslie_JJKs_mom (04-02-2012), nadezhda (03-12-2011)
Old 03-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #89
Atsirk
Rose Trellis

My sweet boy a few days after his 1st birthday!

Atsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond reputeAtsirk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for bumping this. I'd never heard of hitting a child with a glue stick until now. Poor babies!
Baby C born 12/19/18!
Atsirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:14 PM   #90
holmama
Rose Blossom

holmama is just really niceholmama is just really niceholmama is just really niceholmama is just really niceholmama is just really nice

what the fluff! I have never heard of this glue stick whipping, and I come from/know a lot of punitive parents. The people I knew are crazy about little dowell rods or little leather straps.
I too think it is sick and perverted to try and think of ways to hurt but hide your actions from who? oh right, the evile government who wants to take our children from us.
holmama is offline   Reply With Quote