Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 12-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #181
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

I have three bags of outgrown unwanted clothing and jackets to take to Goodwill this week.

3 bins full of outgrown clothes are waiting to be sorted and donated in my closet to make room for a locking built in He s will be making on his week off in January.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingJuniper For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-01-2015)
Old 12-31-2014, 03:36 PM   #182
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

it sounds like you ladies are making such great progress!
I'm tackling the house starting tonight. I have a 4 day weekend from work and am hoping to get TONS of decluttering done.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 10:30 PM   #183
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Today I went through a HUGE bag of outgrown clothes because we were looking for a beloved baby doll. The doll wasn't in there (but we did find it, later) but I did sort through and made a nice pile of things to take to the consignment store. I ran them all through the washing machine and plan to drop them off on Monday. DH and I went to Home Depot today to get materials to put some shelves up in the kids' rooms. I still have to finish going through on child's clothes to clear out things that no longer fit and then it's on to my closet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 06:25 AM   #184
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future

I'm getting back in the game starting today! Tackling the clutter corner in the dining room first.

edit: Yay! The clutter corner is no longer cluttered! I've been dreading that task for weeks, but it didn't take long at all once I got started.

Last edited by silverlining; 01-01-2015 at 09:43 AM.
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silverlining For This Useful Post:
knitlove (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 09:11 AM   #185
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

The other day, the rope broke that is on the attic door pull. Dh could not find rope so he made a new pull with loops of twine. I know we have some rope somewhere in the garage. That is one of the problems with clutter and disorganization. You can't find what you do have when you need it. I really need to go through the basket of mail and paperwork in my office. I have been avoiding that.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #186
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlining View Post
edit: Yay! The clutter corner is no longer cluttered! I've been dreading that task for weeks, but it didn't take long at all once I got started.
I love when it takes less time than dreaded.

I compleated the 2014 in 2014 last night. And printed out the 2015 to get started.

I like the ideas if trying to lay hands on every thing in the house this year. I beed to go through my fabric and use it or get rid of it.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for knitlove:
mommy2abigail (01-03-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 03:41 PM   #187
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

I typically have boxes for 'give away/donate', 'hand me downs', 'belongs in another room' and 'DH to figure out where this should go' that I dump stuff in as I'm cleaning or throughout my day as I'm walking around cleaning.
It drives DH batty that I always have different boxes laying around that mean different things to me, but look cluttery to him. (Never mind the fact that he leaves stuff laying around all over the place, which drives me crazy and is the reason why I came up with the box system in the first place.
We finally figured out a solution! We bought shelving for the kitchen so that the boxes will have a 'home' (and so will our shoes), and we'll label the boxes so that my system will still work for me, but will also look less cluttery AND DH will know which box is what.
Sounds like a win-win, I just wish we had thought of that solution sooner!
We'll see how it goes!

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunflowermom For This Useful Post:
believer (01-01-2015), silverlining (01-01-2015), staceylayne (01-02-2015), WanderingJuniper (01-01-2015)
Old 01-01-2015, 06:40 PM   #188
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

We set up an office space and a storage room (versus a hangout area and an office room).

I'd like to get art supplies culled and then set on a bookshelf so the kids will see them and remember they can use them.

I culled childrens books today. We are converting to waldorf lifestyle so i decided to just have a few seasonally appropriate books out for the kids and the rest are in the storage room. I also pledged to chuck one plastic item per day this year, since waldorf highly discourages plastics in favor of natural materials.

Looking forward to seeing what inspiration strikes me tomorrow!

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 12:12 PM   #189
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

Four plastic things purged, and this area cleaned up:

It was two of these door hanger thingies, so I moved one to our new storage room and put the sports bag, the swim bag and the grocery bags there. Then put the boys backpacks in their closet, and set this up. I also purged two scarves that I never wear.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-03-2015), silverlining (01-02-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 02:40 PM   #190
Lady Grey
Rose Garden

Lady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond reputeLady Grey has a reputation beyond repute

Joining in as I really need this right now!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:44 PM   #191
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

I went through our DVDs and wii games and re organized them, all the kid movies in a box spines up, all the adult movies in a bin spines up, and all the video games in a smaller bin. Then put the video games near the wii and all the movies into the storage room! No more disc abuse! They're put away. And I estimate that with them out of sight we'll forget we own most of them and be able to get rid of them altogether in a few months.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

The Following User Says Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (01-03-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 04:41 PM   #192
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

I put together one box of hand me downs, and for donation, one for trash AND put away our Christmas things today.
The house feels so much better today! I still have a long way to go though.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
Old 01-02-2015, 06:15 PM   #193
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Took a bag of clothes to the church rummage sale pile and sold a bag of clothes for $15!!

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
Chaos Coordinator (01-02-2015), heartofjoy (01-02-2015), RiverRock (01-03-2015), Soliloquy (01-12-2015), sunflowermom (01-03-2015)
Old 01-02-2015, 06:16 PM   #194
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future

I am tackling the paper monster this week. Got through two big stacks yesterday and partway through a third today. Where does it all come from???
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #195
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

The mailman.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (01-02-2015), Prism (01-12-2015), rdsmommy (01-02-2015), Soliloquy (01-12-2015)