Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #46
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

I threw away a garbage bag full of clothes that I had intended to make into rags. They were all too yucky to donate. The bag had been stored for over a year. From this point on I need to make rags as the right clothes present themselves, and stay on top of it.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
believer (08-17-2014), Leslie (06-04-2015)
Old 08-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #47
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

I've been decluttering this month. Dh and I have been selling stuff on Craigslist to make money for his new bow. We've gotten rid of a bike, the old bow, parts of a new garage door opener that we didn't use when we replaced the old one (who knew there was a market for this?). I've given away dishes, and I have a pile to take to goodwill. I have a pile of boxes I need to break down and recycle. I had a garage sale in May and I'm surprised that I am still finding stuff!

Last edited by heartofjoy; 08-17-2014 at 07:50 AM.
heartofjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to heartofjoy For This Useful Post:
believer (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 07:23 AM   #48
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I have sold some of the many pocket knives and other knives that had been my dad's and I kept them after he died - 14 years ago - they have been sitting in a briefcase in my closet for 14 years - it is good to get some much needed money for some of them and have them go to someone who will appreciate them. And I have sold some of my grandma's costume jewelry - also been sitting in my closet in a box for years - on e-bay. I got my oldest dd to set up the e-bay account and she does the photographing and posting and I do the shipping and we split the money. That way it is helping her out too.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
http://becauseisaidsothathswhy.blogspot.com/
believer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to believer For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 08:56 AM   #49
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I got DS1 to give away a few toys. Not much, but it's something, and I like to think I'm teaching him to declutter, too.

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #50
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future

DD and I threw out a huge stack of papers from her room. I offered some old children's cassettes on Freecycle, but no takers, so they'll go in the Goodwill box. Not much, but it's good to do something.
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:13 PM   #51
believer
Rose Garden

believer has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond reputebeliever has a reputation beyond repute

Today we bought a twin bedframe with headboard and footboard aand box spring and nightstand from a neighbor for dd. We had sold her bedframe - metal daybed with trundle - months ago because she did not like it - squeaky and hard to make. She has been sleeping on the two mattresses on the floor. So, when we saw the bed online we went and got it this morning for her. Tonight she cleaned out her closet and things in her room and I have a lot of stuff to list online for sale or free to get rid of. I plan to do that in the next few days. Her room looks much more grown up now.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to believer For This Useful Post:
Blue-EyedLady (08-17-2014), Hopetobe (08-17-2014)
Old 08-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #52
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer View Post
Today we bought a twin bedframe with headboard and footboard aand box spring and nightstand from a neighbor for dd. We had sold her bedframe - metal daybed with trundle - months ago because she did not like it - squeaky and hard to make. She has been sleeping on the two mattresses on the floor. So, when we saw the bed online we went and got it this morning for her. Tonight she cleaned out her closet and things in her room and I have a lot of stuff to list online for sale or free to get rid of. I plan to do that in the next few days. Her room looks much more grown up now.
Isn't it funny how adding a new piece of furniture inspires decluttering?

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
believer (08-17-2014), Hopetobe (08-17-2014), sunflowermom (08-19-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #53
believer
Rose Garden

Ugh - hot and sweaty - I need cheerleaders. I am cleaning out the closet on the stairs - large closet that has toys, crafts, school supplies, scrapbooking things and old photos and memorabilia, decorative items not in use etc...
I am going to finally give away the rest of my old teaching supplies -it has been over 15 years since I last taught. I have been substitute teaching for 4 years and thought it would get me a teaching job, but I have come to the sad realization that it won't. My certification is old and I would need to study, pay money and take tests to update it and even then, they would have to pay me for my 13 years of experience and that is not going to happen around here. So, I am parting with the last of it. It is old, but someone should be able to put it to good use.
I will post photos later of all the stuff I am going to get rid of.
I am still sweating and cleaning stuff out.
mom to:
B. - 16 y.o. dd
J.-19yo ds
M.- 25
(MIL to) A - 24
2 white cats, 3 dogs
Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 AM   #54
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I need to share last week early bird voluntarily took some of her papers she saved on her board and recycled them. Allways before I had to help her coose and get rid of things.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
believer (08-18-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #55
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

The 3 lamps my gma gave us 10 years ago are GONE! For some reason I felt bad about getting rid of them, but I HATE them now, so peace out!

Sent DH to the store to pick up two cute endtables I saw last night, and then my cruddy old ones I found on a street corner a few years ago will be gone!

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Oh, and I had him take a bag of books to church. Some I had borrowed ? A long time ago and some to donate.

This feels good.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blondie For This Useful Post:
backtobasicsmum (08-19-2014), believer (08-18-2014), heartofjoy (08-18-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:07 AM   #56
silverlining
Deactivated

silverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant futuresilverlining has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by believer View Post
Ugh - hot and sweaty - I need cheerleaders. I am cleaning out the closet on the stairs - large closet that has toys, crafts, school supplies, scrapbooking things and old photos and memorabilia, decorative items not in use etc...
I am going to finally give away the rest of my old teaching supplies -it has been over 15 years since I last taught. I have been substitute teaching for 4 years and thought it would get me a teaching job, but I have come to the sad realization that it won't. My certification is old and I would need to study, pay money and take tests to update it and even then, they would have to pay me for my 13 years of experience and that is not going to happen around here. So, I am parting with the last of it. It is old, but someone should be able to put it to good use.
I will post photos later of all the stuff I am going to get rid of.
I am still sweating and cleaning stuff out.
That must be hard.
silverlining is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silverlining For This Useful Post:
believer (08-20-2014)
Old 08-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #57
Chaos Coordinator
Rose Garden

They need freedom to just be fluffy mashed potatoes and feel their fluffy feelings.

Chaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond reputeChaos Coordinator has a reputation beyond repute

Sewing, crocheting, and painting. Sewing crocheting and painting.

And needle felting.

And wood working.

Joy
Progressive Methodist
Enfp mama to
Sparrow, 10
Zion, 7.5
Baby Gus, 4.5

Preschool teacher. Musician. Timelord.
Www.justicemercymayhem.wordpress.com

"What you plant in the kingdom will surely grow, and what you grow with love will surely bloom, and the fruit of the spirit will come back to you."

Chaos Coordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaos Coordinator For This Useful Post:
blondie (08-20-2014), Blue-EyedLady (08-19-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #58
blondie
Rose Garden

A little bit crunchy, a little bit rock n' roll!

blondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond reputeblondie has a reputation beyond repute

Huge stack of paper clutter gone and threw away some junky/broken toys.

Lilla Rose Stylist
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:28 AM   #59
WanderingJuniper
Rose Garden

WanderingJuniper has disabled reputation

I went through a box of random work stuff yesterday. Got rid of a bag of random papers that are irreverent and sorted out the remaining to make it function and pleasing to me. Feels good to be able to prep for my year like that. I spend so much time trying to set my kids up for success I was forgetting to do it for myself too.
WanderingJuniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #60
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

We gave a box of toys to a friend's family, then their DS thought it would be fun to box up some toys to trade with our DS. We thought it was super cute and wanted to encourage the sharing, but now we have MORE toys than what we got rid of, and some of them are likely to not be used.

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote