Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute
Question What could be causing a "cotton ball in the ears" feeling?

What could be causing a "cotton ball in the ears" feeling? For the past 3 weeks or so I have been feeling like I have cotton balls in my ears. Sometimes it is accompanied by a ringing in the ears. Its difficult to hear. And when the ringing is happening it is so disorienting I can hardly function. I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what could be causing it. I suspected seasonal allergies or ear wax at first..... Until I went camping for six days about 2.5 weeks ago. By day two of my camping trip the cotton ball feeling and the ringing in my ears stopped completely. I was so relived, as just before the camping trip it was at its worst. I actually called in to the morning before the camping trip because it was so disorienting I was having a hard time getting ready. It felt like there was a "sonic feedback" in my ears. It was awful. Well, my ears felt normal for whole trip. They stated up again literally within about 3-5 minutes or returning home from my trip. I thought it was a significant coincidence. Well, I had the issue most of last week- to varying degrees just about constantly. Then, this weekend I went camping again and the feeling/sound went away again. It started back within minutes of arriving home. Too much to be a coincidence. The feeling and sound has gotten worse and worse in the hours since Ive been home. It seems like I have to be away from my home for more than 24 hours for the residual muffling and ringing to stop. So it continues when i leave the house to go to work (I work in other family homes) or out to run errands in the community.... So now I am really confused. Im wondering if it could be an allergy to something in our house? Im not sure what though. Our home is reasonably clean and is free of synthetic chemicals and fragrances, since Im so stinking allergic to that stuff. We rent. We live in a duplex. I wondered about EMF sensitivity but AFAIK there havent been any changes to the electrical stuff around here- I dont think weve had any kind of smartmeter added to our apartment. AND, I stopped at a friends house on my way home from camping today and was there for about 5 hours. They have WIFI and electronics and I felt FINE until I got home. :/ Any ideas????
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:18 PM   #2
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What could be causing a "cotton ball in the ears" feeling?

I have no idea but I did read that the cotton ball feeling can be indicative of inner ear nerve damage. Have you looked into Meniere's disease? I would definitely encourage you to see your ear, nose and throat doctor, especially with the disorientation. It is really weird about the camping vs. home. I'm sorry you have to deal with all of this.
and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charla For This Useful Post:
Llee (07-17-2017), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (07-17-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 11:25 PM   #3
MaySunflowers
Deactivated

MaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond reputeMaySunflowers has a reputation beyond repute

Could your jaw position be pinching a nerve?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
MaySunflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MaySunflowers For This Useful Post:
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #4
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

What about mold in your house?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knitlove For This Useful Post:
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (07-17-2017)
Old 07-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #5
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

I'd cover bases w chiropractor (ours does jaws and necks and extremities) and ENT. I would at first suspect wax, second menieres and be concerned abt the jaw as well.

I also wonder abt dislodged chrysalis. But don't know if my ringing cotton feel is from that or the blows to my head.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
Llee (07-17-2017), MaySunflowers (07-17-2017), WaitPatientlyOnTheLord (07-17-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 04:35 AM   #6
MariJo7
Rose Trellis

MariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond reputeMariJo7 has a reputation beyond repute

Please check everything above: the nerve pich, Meniere diseas, infection...

But because the feeling disappears when you are away from hme and returns when you are back...that makes me suspect it has something to do with your house. Perhaps you should let someone come over to measure if there are spores of mould or fungus or bacteria in the air.

Have you a lot of stuff in your house from garage sales, such as furniture or blankets? I often get ill at garage sales and I never could work at a recycling shop. Old stuff and clothes can contain spores of mould and they give me a runny nose.

What is growing in your garden? Could there be a tree or a bush that causes you an allergic reaction?

How do seasons affect your ears? Is it better or worse in the summer/winter/spring/fall? Or does it make any difference at all? Does rainy weather make you feel better or worse? If rainy or moist weather makes you feel worse that also points to fungus or mold spores in the air.

Anyhow, sounds like your reaction is caused by a "local" issue. Because you are renting, perhaps the easiest way to get better would be to move to another house.

Oh, and I forgot to mention one more thing: draft! I get sore ears and headache when I get cold draft in my ears! Have you checked the place where you sleep? Do you have a drafty bedroom? Sometimes changing rooms might help.

Last edited by MariJo7; 07-24-2017 at 05:32 AM.
MariJo7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MariJo7 For This Useful Post:
HadassahSukkot (07-24-2017)
Old 07-24-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord
Rose Garden

I'm most definitely an INFJ. ;-)

WaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond reputeWaitPatientlyOnTheLord has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I forgot to update this. So I did see a chiropractor before my first trip she tried to open my eustation tubes. No relief.

Were between insurance companies right now (which is scary, I know) so I cant go see an ENT.

I do think its getting slightly better. Hardly any ringing the last few days.
WaitPatientlyOnTheLord is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitPatientlyOnTheLord For This Useful Post:
charla (07-24-2017), MariJo7 (07-25-2017)
The Following 3 Users Say they are praying for WaitPatientlyOnTheLord:
charla (07-24-2017), Llee (07-27-2017), tempus vernum (07-24-2017)