Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* > Dessert *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #1
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yummy 1 Point Brownies!!

This is for those of us on Weight Watchers... I wasn't sure if I should put it in the Weight forum, so I'm putting it here... These are 1 point brownies and are very good. I make them when I know I'm going to need chocolate, but don't want to pig out and gain all my weight back. The brownies I usually make are 5 points each, so it's nice to have this alternative.

3/4 C. unbleached flour
1/4 C. PLUS 2 TBSP cocoa powder
1 C. sugar
1/4 tsp salt (opt)
1/3 C. unsweetened applesauce
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla

Combine flour, cocoa, sugar & salt. Mix Well. Stir in applesauce, egg whites, & vanilla.

Coat an 8 in. square pan w/ cooking spray. Spread batter evenly in the pan and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or just until the edges are firm and the center is almost set.

Cut into 16 squares... each square is worth 1 point.

You can fold in 1/4 C. walnuts after mixing the wet ingredients in... that adds 1 point/square, making it a 2 point brownie.
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Close2MyHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #2
Mandie

Default Re: Yummy 1 Point Brownies!!

I'm not on weight-watchers, but OOH! I wonder if replacing the egg whites with ground flax would work? I'm out of my egg replacer
after reading your post, I was having a serious chocolate craving so I mixed cocoa powder with a little water to make a paste and then mixed it into some vanilla soymilk ( adds up to 150 calories ) but ohhh, was it worth it!!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

that sounds wonderful
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:19 AM   #4
allisonintx
Rose Garden

Some Cal/Mag will probably fix that.

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

see, now that's a 16point snack in my house

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen
Mother to Elizabeth 19, Andrew 17, Abigail 14 & Evelyn 12

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

allisonintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
LadybugSam
Deactivated

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison In TX
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM   #6
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Close2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond reputeClose2MyHeart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You would eat 16 of them? I did eat 7 of them one day. But I consoled myself because I was going to bake the other brownies and would have eaten 7 of them... adding up to 35 points! At least I was able to stay in my points w/ these.
DS1(21), DS2(20), BD1(20), DD1(19), BS1(17), DS3(16), BS2(14), DD2(14), BD2(10), BD3 (8)
(B = Bonus/Step)
Old 11-08-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
allisonintx
Rose Garden

allisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond reputeallisonintx has a reputation beyond repute

you laugh, but sweets are my absolute weakness

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen

Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the world. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home.
. . . . . . .

Old 11-08-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Quote:
you laugh, but sweets are my absolute weakness
(B = Bonus/Step)
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM   #9
LadybugSam
Deactivated

my weakness is sweet drinks. Like sweet tea or pepsi or lemonade, or grape juice or (shhhh, don't tell anyone) kool-aid
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 PM   #10
Close2MyHeart
Rose Garden

Back for Friendships

Kool-aid?!? Just kidding I used to LOVE kool-aid, but only drink water or coffee these days.

Chips/Salty stuff is my weakness... unless I'm PMSing and then it's chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.
(B = Bonus/Step)
Old 11-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #11
Marielle
Rose Garden

Marielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond reputeMarielle has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! I'm with allison. I'm so sad that I was freezing preportioned sweet treats to keep them out of mind and even that didn't work. Didn't know how low I'd sunk until I found myself gnawing on a hunk of frozen lemon bar and realized I'd eaten about half of them on my own.

cook, sew, knit, crochet, repeat - my blog http://www.maricucu.blogspot.com

Married to T for 13 years and watching over the herd:
I 10.5 yo
R 8.25 yo
N 5.5 yo
M 3.75 yo

“Never put off till tomorrow what may be done day after tomorrow just as well.”

-Mark Twain
Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
allisonintx
Rose Garden

that's me Marielle....frozen lemon bar gnaw-er.

I used to drink kool-aid until I found the little part on the directions that says, "Do not Stir with a Metal Spoon" If it will eat a metal spoon, what will it do inside of me??? It can actually cause liver damage.

allisonintx
Wife to Stephen

. . . . . . .

Old 11-08-2007, 08:59 PM   #13
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Marielle, I can relate! I find that some desserts taste even better frozen.

I read this recipe initially and tried to post "those sound yummy, but small!" I saw that it made 16 squares, and it was an 8 inch pan. I was thinking that they would be tiny brownies, like half an inch square. Thankfully, Allison was posting the same time as I was, and I did not realize it, so my post got eaten. I now know that it really happened to spare this former math teacher humiliation.
Still, I think for me, they'd be at least 8 points worth.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 07:00 AM   #14
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yup, me too! If they're in my house, I will eat them.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote