Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Animal Companions (Pets) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Animal Companions (Pets) *Public* A public forum.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #16
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to know it's the end?

Update...

The vet gave him aquapuncture (b12 shots in acupuncture points) and started a pharmaceutical med. adjusted his supplements to a stronger dose and suggested a new walking harness to stabilize his hips. We can choose do aquapuncture every 4-6 weeks for pretty inexpensive for $20 ---- cheap!!!

Sorry if I got carried away or dramatic. Watching our beloved pup get old has been really hard and honestly this thread has been good because truthfully it's not going to be extremely long at his age

Thank you all

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
ECingMama (01-04-2017), kiloyd (01-06-2017), Llee (01-04-2017), Sweet Life (01-04-2017), sweetpeasmommy (01-04-2017)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for tempus vernum:
Llee (01-04-2017), Sweet Life (01-04-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 06:21 PM   #17
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute

The vet believes Xander had a stroke today. The vet said He should recover in 24-48 hrs and he's improving by the hour but we may have a big decision to make this week.

It's been Very difficult already. A roller coaster because the aquapuncture and new meds have made him almost frisky again.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
Old 01-23-2017, 07:15 PM   #18
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!! Praying!
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MudPies For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 08:06 PM   #19
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Praying. My 19 yo cat had a stroke last year and was fine by the next day. I think a lot depends on the severity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeasmommy For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-23-2017)
Old 01-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #20
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

He's not improving a lot anymore. It's just wait and see now! He was drinking and eating by himself but it's so hard. We don't want him to suffer

The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for tempus vernum:
Llee (01-24-2017), MudPies (01-24-2017)
Old 01-24-2017, 08:37 PM   #21
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 04:48 AM   #22
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I was waiting to connect w Lisa to update --- then I tried and just couldn't speak of it..today will be the day we say goodbye

He took a horrible turn for the worse and every few hours there is another decline. The only option was a neurologist. he's obviously given up. I prayed for confirmation that we were doing the right thing. This morning he had wedged himself in the corner so dh and I tried to shift him around so he wasn't so horribly uncomfortable. We realized we cannot even get him out of the house so I will be calling to find someone to Come to him as soon as DH can get off work. I'm expecting the kids to be very upset. Especially ds and I wanted it not to happen here but truthfully many spots in the house are "Xander's" spots. Only our eldest has memories before we got him and she was only 4 so they are extremely vague. When I told DH, Xander's corner is already going o be difficult to see , especially after the last 48 hrs, he agreed I should call someone in.

My face is puffy, my eyes are swollen and I have been crying for at least 30 of 48 hrs. I keep trying to do everything I can to keep him comfy and there is nothing I can do. And now he cannot leave the house so we must shift him to ensure he's not in a puddle of urine.

So many heartbreaking moments. I have been having to hand feed him food and water because we don't want him dehydrated and adding to his pain. Dd1 got him to drink from the bowl and she insisted it might get better. Ds wailing and processing aloud abt all the things he's not sure he can do again. Dd2 trying to understand over and over asking the same questions.

I'm especially grateful for this thread now. I have read it over and over and over. It's become a bit of a memorial for me already. It's taken me hours to get the courage to post this as I didn't sleep last night!

The Following 8 Users Say they are praying for tempus vernum:
derdsgirl (01-25-2017), ECingMama (01-26-2017), GlacierLily (01-25-2017), HomeWithMyBabies (01-25-2017), Llee (01-25-2017), Reva (01-26-2017), Sweet Life (01-25-2017), Vipers_Princess (01-27-2019)
Old 01-25-2017, 06:28 AM   #23
MudPies
I support GCM!

My kiddos

MudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond reputeMudPies has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to know it's the end? UPDATE Pg 2, #22 The end is today 1/25/17

Oh mama. I am so sorry. Praying for you all today.
Wink 3/10 Pink 12/10
and Tink 5/16
Remembering
MudPies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MudPies For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 06:58 AM   #24
HomeWithMyBabies
Rose Garden

HomeWithMyBabies has disabled reputation

I'm so sorry.

This just a simple comic strip but it helped me so much, I read it over and over.
http://ubertoolcomic.com/?comic=no-97

I'll be praying.
HomeWithMyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HomeWithMyBabies For This Useful Post:
Sweet Life (01-25-2017), tempus vernum (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 07:22 AM   #25
GlacierLily
Rose Garden

“Overcoming what frightens you the most strengthens you the most.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo

GlacierLily has disabled reputation

I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for you!

Last edited by GlacierLily; 01-25-2017 at 07:25 AM.
GlacierLily is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GlacierLily For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #26
Maedchen
Rose Trellis

Maedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond reputeMaedchen has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't posted before because we are in the same situation at our household right now with a beloved pet. (We have been through this several times in the past and it is so painful.)

I saw that today is the day, so I wanted to give you a virtual hug and pray that God will comfort your family and your pet.
Maedchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maedchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 01:06 PM   #27
sweetpeasmommy
Rose Garden

sweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond reputesweetpeasmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry. Praying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife to ISTJ DH 1997
Mom to one Sweet Boy 10/2004

sweetpeasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #28
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

My gut said now while my heart cried no. He is gone

Xander 5/2004 to 1/25/2017
Went peacefully surrounded his 5 people
Gifted peace by the vet he loved.

We didn't trust the home vet so took him to our amazing vet he loves. It was difficult to get him there but so glad we took him to someone we trust. Once the vet came in he visibly calmed. They treated us extremely well. He was put in their Japanese acupuncture room.

The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
kiloyd (01-27-2017)
The Following 7 Users Say they are praying for tempus vernum:
derdsgirl (01-26-2017), ECingMama (01-26-2017), HomeWithMyBabies (01-25-2017), kiloyd (01-27-2017), Llee (01-25-2017), Maedchen (01-25-2017), Vipers_Princess (01-27-2019)
Old 01-25-2017, 02:54 PM   #29
mamaKristin
Rose Garden

parenting better than I garden

mamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond reputemamaKristin has a reputation beyond repute

oh Jodi (((hugs)))

I know I was so grateful for the love and care from our beloved vet's office when Nessie left us. We wrapped her in her blanket, and hugged and cried. Its so hard.
mamaKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mamaKristin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2017, 05:35 PM   #30
Reva
Rose Trellis

Reva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond reputeReva has a reputation beyond repute

I am so, so sorry.
Forever missing my sweet R (HLHS) and the baby we never got to meet.
Reva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reva For This Useful Post:
tempus vernum (01-27-2017)