Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 03-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #481
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decluttering thread!

I started cleaning out our attic/storage space. I went through all the kids clothes and a garbage bag full is already in the bin, and another garbage bag full is in the car to be donated. I just started my 4th and last load of clothes that I want my youngest 2 to try on, and the clothes they don't want will be taken to Once Upon a Child on Wednesday (I will already be in that part of town with extra time).
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #482
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

James cleaned out the garage and got rid of all of the things I have been threatening to throw out for about a year. It's all gone! I cleared out under the kitchen sink and will deal with some stuff in the living room after the kids go to bed.
Tomorrow I want do another cabinet and my laundry area. I don't know if it will happen or not, but I am going to try.

Wife to my brilliant geek James iNtJ since 4/08
Mom to our angel boy Jay 5/08 our quirky miracle DD Ivy 6/10
mellow miracle DS Jacob 7/15
Often Please forgive my frequent typos

Standing firmly on Team Lioness!!! Roar!!!
I am ready for people to know I am a GCM find me on Facebook
rjy9343 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rjy9343 For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 05:15 PM   #483
Blue-EyedLady
Rose Garden

The Lion Cub

Blue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond reputeBlue-EyedLady has a reputation beyond repute

I organized the workshop today, and I think it looks GREAT! DH is pleased with it, too. I made room in there for all the yard tools and chemicals, so they can be locked up now. I threw out a bunch of stuff from our old shed, and made room so the kids' tips and bikes can be in there. Maybe their stuff will last longer if it's out of the weather. Around here, the sun it's as damaging as the rain!

There's room in the workshop for more storage now. That's the next step, but we're supposed to get rain tomorrow, do it will have to wait a few more days.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Sister to BlessedBlue forever

Co-Founder and Lead Writer at Food Allergies On Ice

Blue-EyedLady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue-EyedLady For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 05:53 PM   #484
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

I am in full decluttering mode. We are doing some remodelling, which required the full emptying of the living room and the playroom so that helped a ton with having to actually touch and move every single item. Many items did just get moved to the garage BUT because of time crunch BUT I am planning to be incredibly meticulous with what re-enters the rooms after the remodel.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:56 PM   #485
rjy9343
Rose Garden

rjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond reputerjy9343 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sunshines View Post
I am in full decluttering mode. We are doing some remodelling, which required the full emptying of the living room and the playroom so that helped a ton with having to actually touch and move every single item. Many items did just get moved to the garage BUT because of time crunch BUT I am planning to be incredibly meticulous with what re-enters the rooms after the remodel.
That's the perfect time for smuggling things off the premises.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:19 AM   #486
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjy9343 View Post
That's the perfect time for smuggling things off the premises.
a lot of that already happened during the emptying process. Even more will happen during the return the the rooms process.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 06:51 AM   #487
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone here trying the Konmari method?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ENFJ, please excuse my stream of consciousness posts.

Battled infertility for 3 1/2 years before DD (PCOS)
TTC #2 for 6 months (3 ovulations)

Married to DH since Aug 2004
DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
Michele123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Michele123 For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (03-06-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 07:34 AM   #488
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently I need to drop off donations early on a Saturday. I went at 4pm to my closest thrift store and a sign was up that they weren't receiving any more donations that day.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 11:50 AM   #489
2sunshines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele123 View Post
Anyone here trying the Konmari method?

Yep. Tho i do a variety of "methods" but hers absolutely impacts my decluttering. Her book is fantastic! Some weird parts sure, but overall fantastic.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
Grover (03-12-2016), Michele123 (03-06-2016)
Old 03-12-2016, 10:07 AM   #490
Grover
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Grover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond reputeGrover has a reputation beyond repute

4 bags of out grown clothes donated. Really need to work on the accumulated junkon the garden.
One is getting married later this year
Two have flown the nest.
Grandma to four .
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Grover For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (03-13-2016)
Old 03-12-2016, 12:24 PM   #491
Michele123
Rose Trellis

Michele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond reputeMichele123 has a reputation beyond repute

I have several boxes in the basement for a yard sale I'm planning this spring (probably June) and the cats have eaten one of the boxes to shreds! Ug.

ENFJ, please excuse my stream of consciousness posts.

Battled infertility for 3 1/2 years before DD (PCOS)
TTC #2 for 6 months (3 ovulations)

Married to DH since Aug 2004
DD born Feb 2012
DS born May 2014
#3 due Aug 2016
Michele123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #492
rjy9343
Rose Garden

My week has been really busy, so I haven't had time to clear out things, but I have had such an easy time keeping up with things, so I have done a lot more than I realized.
I intend to clear out some shoes and books along with all of the clothes the kids just outgrew. I have a couple of things in the kitchen I want to get out of here, so I figure I have a box or two to haul away.

Old 03-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #493
2sunshines

I am so thankful that this thread keeps popping up as a constant reminder to me!

I am in full spring cleaning mode. My girls have asked to go shopping to buy clothes that they think they need... So I made them make a list of items they feel the are in need of, then go through their existing drawers, pull out what they don't wear, don't like, or no longer fits, so that we have an accurate idea of what they already own, and then I will consider shopping for new (thrift, so new to them ).

It was fantastic because we were able to get rid of a lot of unused clothing that has just been sitting in their drawers. And picked up a few needed items to compensate and things are looking good.

I love the feeling that decluttering gives me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
rjy9343 (03-13-2016), sunflowermom (03-13-2016)
Old 03-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #494
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute

I need to mail out hand me down clothes and take pictures of all my clothes to see if any one here wants it.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #495
backtobasicsmum
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

backtobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond reputebacktobasicsmum has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like I'm continually sticking my head in random places and pulling out stuff we no longer like/use. There are three boxes in the back of Dh 's car to drop off for donations.

I'm also down to four pairs of shoes. :rock on. I've only got the ones we bought in the last year that are actually high quality and keep my back in alignment.
J - 14 My sparkly girl
L - 11 My funny boy
O - 9 My snuggly boy
backtobasicsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to backtobasicsmum For This Useful Post:
2sunshines (03-13-2016), RiverRock (03-19-2016), rjy9343 (03-13-2016)