Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:53 AM   #106
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

Today I did the Rug Doctor. Two staircases and 3 area rugs (one small, 2 large). And I decided it is the last time. Budgeting for professional carpet cleaning from now on.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-14-2020), twoplustwo (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 06:16 AM   #107
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
Today I did the Rug Doctor. Two staircases and 3 area rugs (one small, 2 large). And I decided it is the last time. Budgeting for professional carpet cleaning from now on.
This is such a tough job! For some unknown reason this is one of the chores that my husband does every few months. He doesn't do any other house chores, but he does this!

A professional cleaning is so nice. I'm thinking of having someone clean my tile with a machine. It's so bad.

Today I'm meeting a good friend for coffee.

I would like to get these things done:

Clean up the backyard
Make cold brew coffee
Read my book
Protest my property taxes online

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Old 05-16-2020, 12:06 AM   #108
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Doing the stairs just made me so mad. I don't like the installed carpet on the stairs, but it's so far down on the list. It's not a priority to replace it. But it needed to be cleaned and it had to be done with this attachment so it's on hands and knees, and blech. I just hate doing it. Plus I know the pros extract so much more liquid with their truck mounted machine so the carpets get cleaner and dry faster.

Today I vacuumed an undisclosed amount of dust from the chandelier in the kitchen. And removed the red ribbon I tied on it in December.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
heartofjoy (05-16-2020), passthemanna (05-17-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 07:13 AM   #109
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Getting stuff done during lockdown challenge!

Well the dance floor is as done as it’s going to get except for I need to hang the picture lower and now get rid of all the junk that for pushed to the edges lol. The white thing hanging on the wall is her practice sleeves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mother of Sons; 05-16-2020 at 07:15 AM.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
blondie (05-17-2020), graciousmomma (05-16-2020), heartofjoy (05-16-2020), JoannaV (05-16-2020), passthemanna (05-17-2020), Singingmom (05-17-2020), Soliloquy (05-16-2020), The Tickle Momster (05-16-2020), twoplustwo (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #110
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

heartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond reputeheartofjoy has a reputation beyond repute

That dance floor is super cool!

Mother of Sons (05-16-2020)
Old 05-16-2020, 09:52 PM   #111
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

That is impressive!

Today I cleaned and cleaned. I'm wiped out. I swept, vacuumed, dusted, cleaned bathrooms, picked up stuff, plus normal dishes, counters, tables, and laundry.

It's supposed to be rainy for a whole week so I'm hoping I feel inspired to tackle more inside jobs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Mother of Sons (05-17-2020), passthemanna (05-17-2020), twoplustwo (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #112
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Yesterday, dh and I power washed the driveway and spread mulch.

graciousmomma (05-17-2020), passthemanna (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 12:26 PM   #113
RealLifeMama
Rose Garden

RealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond reputeRealLifeMama has a reputation beyond repute

Wow MOS! That is amazing! My dd and ds would love that so much.

Boy Wonder 19,
Mr. Cool 15, and
Ninja 13
Sunshine, 11, and 8 year old Joy

RealLifeMama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RealLifeMama For This Useful Post:
Mother of Sons (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #114
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute

My summer classes don't start until June 1st, but one of them has opened up so I'm getting started on that.
After 2 years I'm totally burnt out on making sure my dad can eat our dinners (he won't wear his dentures). My husband is gone for 7 months so I'm going to use this as an opportunity to simplify dinners. I've ordered several 2 compartment freezable/microwavable containers so I can make and freeze a bunch of dinners for my dad. The kids are on board with eating "fancy salads" this summer.
We have a sheep/goat pen next to our garden area. They aren't in there 24/7, but walk there for shade, water, and hay in the winter. I've neglected mucking it out and it looks fine and dry on the surface but if you dig a fork into it...it's wet soggy ammonia gross anyway- I threw a bunch of the gross into the garden corner and started moving over the old compost pile over and adding weeds and grass. i dug dirt out to start filling in low spots in the pen. That was a pretty good workout!
Planted more seeds in the garden.
Oh! Made Larabars with the kids and they taste fantastic!
Supposed to rain Mon-Wed, so will focus on cleaning, decluttering, organizing, freezing meals, etc next week.

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to passthemanna For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-17-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #115
heartofjoy

Assign positive intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by passthemanna View Post
My summer classes don't start until June 1st, but one of them has opened up so I'm getting started on that.

After 2 years I'm totally burnt out on making sure my dad can eat our dinners (he won't wear his dentures). My husband is gone for 7 months so I'm going to use this as an opportunity to simplify dinners. I've ordered several 2 compartment freezable/microwavable containers so I can make and freeze a bunch of dinners for my dad. The kids are on board with eating "fancy salads" this summer.

We have a sheep/goat pen next to our garden area. They aren't in there 24/7, but walk there for shade, water, and hay in the winter. I've neglected mucking it out and it looks fine and dry on the surface but if you dig a fork into it...it's wet soggy ammonia gross anyway- I threw a bunch of the gross into the garden corner and started moving over the old compost pile over and adding weeds and grass. i dug dirt out to start filling in low spots in the pen. That was a pretty good workout!

Planted more seeds in the garden.

Oh! Made Larabars with the kids and they taste fantastic!

Supposed to rain Mon-Wed, so will focus on cleaning, decluttering, organizing, freezing meals, etc next week.
You are on a roll! That's a lot of work. Way to go!

Old 05-18-2020, 07:38 AM   #116
passthemanna
Rose Garden

"...to do justice,and to love kindness,and to walk humbly with your God..." Mi 6:8

passthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond reputepassthemanna has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up with a monster headache. Every single time I do more than a couple hours of hard work outside I get a bad headache the next day. It wasn’t even that hot yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J- 12
R- 9
S- 6
Photographer at Grace and Gratitude by TLC
https://www.facebook.com/GraceandGra...TLC/?ref=br_rs
passthemanna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for passthemanna:
graciousmomma (05-18-2020)