Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Mothering Thru the Years > Nurturing our Children (AP & Multi-age Parenting Topics) *Public* > Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Co-Sleeping & Nighttime Parenting *Public* A public forum.

View Poll Results: How do you sleep with your baby?
Baby in my armpit, for easy nursing 84 79.25%
Baby in cosleeper, at arm's reach 8 7.55%
Baby in bassinet or crib close to bed 13 12.26%
Obligatory other 17 16.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
Aisling
Deactivated

Even artichokes have hearts!

Aisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond reputeAisling has a reputation beyond repute
Default How do you cosleep with your baby?

Out of curiosity! (votes not public, aka, no one sees what you voted for specifically )

Last edited by Aisling; 03-11-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Aisling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do you cosleep with your baby?

E was exclusively an armpit baby, but N and A LOVED the swing. And since I'm pro everyone sleeps where everyone gets the most sleep, they started the night there then transferred when needed. A at 18 months and 25 pounds still sleeps the first few hours in his swing. We are on the third (and final!) motor.
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Niphredil For This Useful Post:
Aisling (03-11-2012), Tandem mama (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
Annainprogress
Rose Garden

Annainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond reputeAnnainprogress has a reputation beyond repute

Crib to start the night then bed but not necessarily actually tucked in my arm. preferably giving me some space when not nursing (but safe ofc)

Wielder of the Palette Knife of Chocolaty Brownieness

rejoicing with those who have escaped abuse, and praying for those still trapped

Unite!

“I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” - Galileo Galilei
Annainprogress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
ValiantJoy07
Rose Garden

"Take Joy Home, And make a place in thy great heart for her...Joy is the grace we say to God." ~Jean Ingelow~

ValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond reputeValiantJoy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Pip is my first exclusive arm pit baby...my ultimate goal is to have her go down in bed alone and I'll join her later...but we're still in the "mommy is only awake because you are baby" stage. there's plenty of time
Homeschooling Mama to my 5 Joys...
dd1 RJ (12/07), dd2 AJ (08/09), dd3 PJ (01/12), ds1 Ziggy (09/15), ds2 Sunny (05/18)
Enjoying a Healing Diet to manage SPD and other health challenges.
Sorry for the typos and sloppy grammar I don't have a good excuse anymore.
ValiantJoy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
LadybugSam
Deactivated

ladybug, ladybug fly away home

LadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond reputeLadybugSam has a reputation beyond repute

when they're little they sleep in my armpit, but as they get bigger/more mobile i start to transition them to being next to the bed (on a mattress on the floor)

IF Toby wakes up in the middle of the night he'll crawl back into bed with us though
LadybugSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #6
Codi
Rose Garden

Codi has disabled reputation

All three of mine have been right snuggled up next to me.

MOMMY TO
A - 14
A - 11
N - 8
Codi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Codi For This Useful Post:
Earthylady (03-12-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
JJsMom
Rose Garden

JJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond reputeJJsMom has a reputation beyond repute

I voted other bc due to my csection and fussy baby, I've been sleeping with her in my arms, propped up on pillows.
Gave birth to my J-bird 10 yrs ago (ds)
Homebirthed my LuLu 7 yrs ago (dd)
Homebirthed my Punkin' seed (and Great Grandma's namesake) 4 years ago. (dd)
And had our newest arrival, JellyBean 2 years ago. (dd)

I still miss my Great Grandma every single day. I'm not ready to take her picture out of my avi. She feels closer this way.
JJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJsMom For This Useful Post:
itzj (03-11-2012)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for JJsMom:
Firebird Rising (03-11-2012), PrincessAnika (03-12-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Daria_Aleksandrovna
Rose Trellis

Daria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond repute

My baby does not lie on my arm but I'm curled up in C-position next to him.
In the first month my DS1 could stay asleep only if his face nuzzled my boob.
DD1 (born Mar'15 )
Daria_Aleksandrovna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daria_Aleksandrovna For This Useful Post:
Earthylady (03-12-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #9
BriansLovie
Rose Garden

Striving to be a gentle mama and enjoying my littles.

BriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond reputeBriansLovie has a reputation beyond repute

My second son was in my armpit from a few days after birth (took me a few days to think about cosleeping with him ) We got so much more sleep that way. This baby will be the same

Mama to J - 11, J - 9, & A - 5
&
Two angels
9/2007 & 1/2008
BriansLovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #10
Daria_Aleksandrovna
Rose Trellis

Daria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond reputeDaria_Aleksandrovna has a reputation beyond repute

We bought co-sleeper (Bayside) but it was waste of money
DD1 (born Mar'15 )
Daria_Aleksandrovna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #11
rosesnsnails
Rose Garden

rosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond reputerosesnsnails has a reputation beyond repute

I voted other because we bedshare, but I can not stand to be touched while sleeping so the baby usually starfishes in the middle of the bed, and I hang off the edge to have some space.
Mom to J since 2000
Angel Baby Joshua Aaron 2003
Momma to J since 2009 (born 11 weeks early)

Using my favorite smilely as often as I can,

Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done-C.S. Lewis-from a letter To Mrs. L.
rosesnsnails is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rosesnsnails For This Useful Post:
Annainprogress (03-12-2012), Elyse221 (04-01-2012), Maggirayne (03-11-2012), Niphredil (03-11-2012), PlateauMama (03-13-2012), TuneMyHeart (03-11-2012), ValiantJoy07 (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
The Tickle Momster
Rose Garden

previously mlrowley

The Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond reputeThe Tickle Momster has a reputation beyond repute

I voted, even though I don't have tiny babies anymore.

Mine were in my armpit or in the side-carred crib.

wife to Tom ('95)
Momma to:
DD (A) 21 and her DH (YM) 21
DS (T) 19
DD (C) 17
'07
DS (N) 14
Save
Save
The Tickle Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #13
Niphredil
Deactivated

Niff-er-doodle!

Niphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond reputeNiphredil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tickle Momster View Post
I voted, even though I don't have tiny babies anymore.
I don't have an armpit sleeper anymore either. He's more of an all over feet in your face kind of guy now.
Niphredil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Niphredil For This Useful Post:
knitlove (03-11-2012), kwisie (03-11-2012), Maggirayne (03-11-2012), The Tickle Momster (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #14
Cookie Momster
Rose Garden

Cookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond reputeCookie Momster has a reputation beyond repute

I voted armpit because it was the closest answer but my babies sleep snuggled next to me rather than in my armpit.
two Young Thinkers
and two Little Explorers
~
ISFP/Type 2
~
Forgiveness happens when it becomes unimportant to hit back
~
Unite!
~

Cookie Momster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cookie Momster For This Useful Post:
Earthylady (03-12-2012), Firebird Rising (03-11-2012), knitlove (03-11-2012), Maggirayne (03-11-2012), PrincessAnika (03-12-2012), rosesnsnails (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #15
JustMandy
Deactivated

Location: Among the tall straight pines of the coastal plain.
JustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond reputeJustMandy has a reputation beyond repute

I voted other because he just sleeps wherever he feels like it and always has. In our bed, that is. He's not the kind of kid to fall asleep on the couch or *gasp* in his own bed.
JustMandy is offline   Reply With Quote