Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Health and Wellness > Natural Health & Nutrition *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Natural Health & Nutrition *Public* Discuss herbs, homeopathy, home remedies, etc., and healthy eating.
A public forum.

Please Note: A variety of opinions and ideas are shared on GCM. Personal experiences, suggestions, and tips found here are in no way intended to substitute for medical counsel from a healthcare professional. Always use your own good judgement and seek professional advice when in doubt about a health concern.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:18 AM   #16
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

Little Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eye floaters or?

The description does not sound like migraines or any other neurologic condition I am aware of.

I think the neurologist would be better than a pediatrician. The ped definitely won't be able to tell you anything more about it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Little Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Forest For This Useful Post:
thankfulheart (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #17
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

thankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud of

The appointment yesterday went well. The Doctor said the abrasion is better but wants her to stay on the drops for a couple more days. She said her lids and eye lashes look a lot better, really clear, since using the cleansing wipes. She said she wants to clear up that abrasion...something about not wanting an ulcer...I need to look at my notes and look it up online. Wish I could remember what she said.

We go back in two weeks to check the eyes and in the mean time we're supposed to schedule an appointment with Bug's neurologist. We actually haven't seen her in several years. I think her office has moved so I need to track her down.

I really want to figure this out, but on the other hand I'm trying not to stress too much about how much the tests are going to cost and how very little money we have. I just keep reading that they test for peace of mind and usually find nothing. Is this true?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thankfulheart For This Useful Post:
Rivendell Raven (08-09-2014), sunflowermom (08-09-2014)
The Following 2 Users Say they are praying for thankfulheart:
Rivendell Raven (08-09-2014), sunflowermom (08-09-2014)
Old 08-09-2014, 05:26 AM   #18
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

Little Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update.

You could ask if there is anything in particular that is suspected and must be ruled out and if there were any other signs the optom saw of anything out of the ordinary (you could confirm that there wasn't). If the only thing is what your DD reports seeing and everything checks out all right with her vision and ocular structures, then I don't think there is a lot to worry about here.

Of course, it is a decision you have to make whether to pursue further evaluation on the off chance there is something wrong that would be caught by a neurologist.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Little Forest; 08-09-2014 at 05:35 AM.
thankfulheart (08-10-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 AM   #19
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

thankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud ofthankfulheart has much to be proud of

We go this Friday for her check on the abrasion. I went ahead and scheduled an appointment with her Neurologist. They say they can't see her til October 6th.

This morning she came down and said the spots were worse and she felt like the were flashing a little. She said at the breakfast table she could see stuff but just enough to make out what it was...and now she says they are back to normal...just there but not hindering her vision.

I had a conversation a couple days ago with our old holistic doctor and he suggested seeing a Neuro-ophthalmologist. I've been googling in our area and not coming up with much. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Sometimes when she's complaining that these spots are driving her crazy and saying it's worse or whatever I feel like I can't breathe. Because I don't know what to do and I'm worried because I have no idea what's going on with her. I feel sort of helpless because until we see her doctor there is nothing I CAN do for her.
Punkie (08-20-2014), Rivendell Raven (08-20-2014)
Old 08-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #20
thankfulheart
Climbing Rose

Tonight I started looking up more stuff about Visual Snow and I found this website. http://visualsnowawareness.weebly.co...periences.html
I'm not going to lie...I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about her eyes and vision. A lot of these stories describe worsening symptoms with the addition of other awful symptoms.

Little Forest~did you experience worsening symptoms, tinnitus, dyslexia?
And is it normal for her to not see this outside but only inside? She says it's worse in her room. Her room is kind of dark, but the walls are pepto pink and and she has a bright bedspread and curtains. And is normal for it to worsen at times and flash and then others to be not as noticeable?

I'm sorry for all the questions. We do go to her eye doctor Friday, but she didn't know anything about visual snow so I know she can't answer my questions. And it's a long wait til the neuro can see her.
backtobasicsmum (08-20-2014), Rivendell Raven (08-20-2014)
Old 08-24-2014, 03:21 AM   #21
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

I really don't know a lot about visual snow either. We didn't learn about it in optometry school, but I heard about it from another optometrist who is super sharp medically.

As I mentioned, I can visualise the small red blood cells moving as well as floater in the vitreous, which is the gel in the back of the eye, which is quite common to have some the older you get, usually in regular light and a blank wall. I usually tune it out though and pay no attention to it and it is no drama.

Is your daughter distressed by it? There is truly nothing to be gained by being anxious over this. You have done the most you can do and the really worrying things have been ruled out, so there is not a lot to be done. If there were an urgency to see a neurologist, they would have shuttled you there much faster. So I am going to say it is ok.

It is great you have taken your DD seriously, but truly, I wouldn't make a bigger deal about this and just approach the next appt with neuro matter of factly.

It will be ok.

Sweet Pea-DD1, Jan 04, 1/4
Tiger Lily-DD2, Jan 06, 2/1
Buttercup-DD3, Feb 08, 2/4
Dandelion-DD4, Nov 10, 2/3
Honeysuckle-DD5 March 13, 2/4
And there is DH too, ISTJ, DYT 4/2, I think!
Virginia (08-24-2014)
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #22
sunflowermom
Rose Garden

sunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond reputesunflowermom has a reputation beyond repute

Any improvement over the last few days?

Married my DH in 2/2008
Gave birth my DS 3/2012
sunflowermom is offline   Reply With Quote