Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

The Cookbook (Recipes, Cooking, & Food Prep) *Public* You can share recipes here, talk about "what's for dinner," and ask all sorts of questions related to cooking and food preparation.
A public forum.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:33 PM   #1
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Who wants to play: What shall Charla have for breakast?

So back story: I have been drinking buttermilk for many years for breakfast. I only like it from paper cartons and the last store in my city that sold it in paper cartons is closing Dec. 31. I am super picky about buttermilk and I'm also super picky about what breakfast would entail. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, but I do need something and I mostly drink it. I cannot do anything sweet. And I don't want to cook (at least not much). I am gluten free and egg free and am following the Mediterranean diet. I'm not much for breakfast food so totally open to non traditional breakfast foods. So let's brainstorm and see what Charla is going to eat for breakfast.

and Hope Elizabeth, dancing for eternity
with babies: Micah Noel, Grace Anna, Andrew David

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
charla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who wants to play: What shall Charla have for breakast?

My breakfast every day is a peanut butter banana chocolate smoothie. It is a little sweet but sweetness comes from bananas. It is 1 c almond milk, 1 1/2 frozen bananas, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 2 tbsp peanut powder, 1 handful spinach, 1 tbsp flax meal. Not sure if that sounds interesting to you but I love it.

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aerynne For This Useful Post:
GlacierLily (12-14-2017)
Old 12-13-2017, 09:43 PM   #3
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I like oatmeal in crock or IP in water bath. Overnight. So hot when I get up. Use timer so only cooks 3 hours.
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:49 PM   #4
mommylove
Rose Garden

mommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond reputemommylove has a reputation beyond repute

Leftover roasted veggies.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Plain yogurt? If it needs to be drinkable, mix it with milk?

(I'm not a dairy person, so that may be gross... . I'm thinking of a non sweet keifer.)

Last edited by mommylove; 12-13-2017 at 09:51 PM.
mommylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
charla
Administrator

charla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond reputecharla has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this is going to get quite a bit harder. I don't like oatmeal or bananas. I'm not supposed to have peanut butter (no peanuts, cashews, or pistaccios,

But I'm looking at that smoothie and wondering about almond butter, but what to sub for banana?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 12-13-2017, 10:22 PM   #6
Aerynne
Rose Garden

Aerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond reputeAerynne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by charla View Post
Well, this is going to get quite a bit harder. I don't like oatmeal or bananas. I'm not supposed to have peanut butter (no peanuts, cashews, or pistaccios,

But I'm looking at that smoothie and wondering about almond butter, but what to sub for banana?
absolutely you could sub the almond butter. Subbing for the bananas could be any kind of frozen fruit, really. You'd have to play around with it. Pineapple smoothies are really good (not sure about with almond butter, though) or pineapple strawberry. Or you could do frozen cubes of coconut milk or whatever kind of milk you want. Or if you really don't like sweet, you could sub avocado for the creaminess (you'd have to be okay with really bitter chocolate, though, or skip the chocolate).

born of water and of the Spirit 4/96
married 5/02

Mama to:

Jan 2, 2024

And many I hope to hold in heaven one day
Aerynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:28 PM   #7
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

Kefir? Some brands are barely sweet.

Weird, but I like cold boiled potatoes barely smashed with butter, salt and pepper. That would be easy to prep ahead of time for a few days.

Smoothie with frozen fruit of choice, spinach and avocado, with water, some sort of milk or juice or a combo to thin it out a bit. I typically add a little chia seed, hemp hearts or flax seed to boost nutrition.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:38 PM   #8
charla
Administrator

Maybe I need to give kefir a try. As long as I had buttermilk as another option I liked the buttermilk much better. Now that I don't....

Are there any soups that would be light enough but filling enough for breakfast that I could make in advance?

Would bulletproof tea (coffee hurts my stomach) be filling enough on it's own? Or would it not have enough nutrition?

Can smoothies be prepped ahead for several days?

Save
Save
Save
Save
Save
Old 12-13-2017, 11:18 PM   #9
MegMarch
Rose Garden

MegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond reputeMegMarch has a reputation beyond repute

You can put your frozen ingredients in the freezer in portions ahead of time. I personally think they are pretty gross as far as texture goes if you blend ahead of time.
MegMarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 02:05 AM   #10
Quiteria
Rose Garden

Quiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond reputeQuiteria has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe a butternut squash soup?

Plain kefir is unsweetened.

This is a Swedish version. There is a drinkable plain one, but to get plain whole milk you have to eat with a spoon. But they have unsweetened flavors, and you could do a smoothie if you'd rather. http://siggis.com/

Homeschooling mama to five:
a young adult (graduated!), two high schoolers, a big kid, and a kindergartner

And yes, they've all aged overnight since the last time you read my out-of-date sigg.
Quiteria is offline   Reply With Quote