Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 05-26-2019, 06:53 PM   #1
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute
Default For my northern friends.....

...who are tired of snow, it's 99 here today and tomorrow and .... in May. I'm already over summer.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
CelticJourney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
mommychem (05-30-2019), Singingmom (05-27-2019), tempus vernum (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 06:53 AM   #2
tempus vernum
Rose Garden

I am the mountain. I am not the storm and the storm is not me. -Ian Cron

tempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond reputetempus vernum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For my northern friends.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
...who are tired of snow, it's 99 here today and tomorrow and .... in May. I'm already over summer.
I’m so sick of crummy weather. I’m rejoicing cuz I’m off work and it’s sunny! I’ve not seen much sun on my days off this entire year.

I dream of retiring a much milder climate.

2 Corinthians 4:16 “ Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. ”
tempus vernum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tempus vernum For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
2sunshines
Moderator in Celebrations, Cloth Diapering & EC, Empty Arms, Prayer & Praise, and Swap n' Shop

2sunshines has disabled reputation

I sorta feel you. I mean not literally because we're still chilly and waiting for summer BUT I don't envy the southerners experiencing the same pain on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I also dream of moving to a moderate climate some day....

However... Here in Michigan we are going in to our best months of the year! I always say that very little beats summer on the great lakes. I just wish it lasted longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2sunshines For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (05-27-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 07:24 AM   #4
CelticJourney
Administrator

CelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond reputeCelticJourney has a reputation beyond repute

100 today, 100 tomorrow....it's still May. If this is a pattern, this is going to be a nasty, nasty hurricane season this year. We are already starting to make plans.

"Truth without love is divisive and hurtful & love without truth is anemic"--Pastor Estep

Arise, cry out in the night...pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord; Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children..; Lamentations 2:19
Old 05-28-2019, 07:37 AM   #5
greengirl19
Rose Trellis

For G

greengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond reputegreengirl19 has a reputation beyond repute

yep, 100 here too, we may have reached 101 yesterday. It's supposed to break Friday, the high is only 96. The pool water is already almost too warm to cool you down.

Mom to G since 8/10/09 my crazy 10 yo
Z since 9/10/13 my wild thing 6 yo
Surprise! N born 2/8/16 terrific 4 yo

*my help comes from the Lord above*
greengirl19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greengirl19 For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 03:48 PM   #6
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I’m northern, and today we have high particulate matter in the air because of a more northern wildfire.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says they are praying for RiverRock:
Old 05-28-2019, 04:22 PM   #7
graciousmomma

It'd be nice if you could pull me into town.

graciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond reputegraciousmomma has a reputation beyond repute

Our snow is being replaced with flooding. So yes, I would rather have the 100 degree weather!
Old 05-28-2019, 05:13 PM   #8
CelticJourney
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciousmomma View Post
Our snow is being replaced with flooding. So yes, I would rather have the 100 degree weather!
Our turn for that comes in the fall with the hurricanes, but from what I've seen on the news, it is particularly brutal out there right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to CelticJourney For This Useful Post:
graciousmomma (05-28-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 08:49 PM   #9
mummy2boys
Moderator in We'd Love to Meet You, Let's Talk, High Need/Spirited Children, Joyous Homekeeping, and The Cookbook

mummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond reputemummy2boys has a reputation beyond repute

Its officially winter here in Australia on Saturday and I am LOVING the cooler weather! Our family loathes summer so we are looking forward to it cooling down, which it has done considerably in the last week
Waiting to meet 3 in heaven 2/2005, 5/2007 & 8/2011
Striving, with God's help, to be a gentle mother each day
mummy2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummy2boys For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (05-30-2019), knitlove (05-29-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 04:15 AM   #10
mipennsn
Rose Garden

mipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond reputemipennsn has a reputation beyond repute

I’m ready for warmth. It has been a cool rainy spring.
My GIRL H who is 7!

Full time mommy and breadwinner for my family

mipennsn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mipennsn For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (05-30-2019)
Old 05-30-2019, 08:16 AM   #11
mommychem
Rose Garden
I support GCM!

Butterfly on my face :)

mommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond reputemommychem has a reputation beyond repute

It’s 10 am and feels like 88. My ten year old is ready for summer to end - I told her it hasn’t officially started yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to mommychem For This Useful Post:
CelticJourney (05-31-2019)
Old 05-31-2019, 02:48 AM   #12
CelticJourney
Administrator

And then wildfires closing down the interstate.... expecting a cooling trend today at a high of 96.

Old 05-31-2019, 02:02 PM   #13
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

It's 75 here with a light breeze. I have fresh sun tea and a huge porch. C'mon over!
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-31-2019, 03:03 PM   #14
CelticJourney
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
It's 75 here with a light breeze. I have fresh sun tea and a huge porch. C'mon over!
On my way!! (I wish)

Old 05-31-2019, 03:46 PM   #15
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticJourney View Post
On my way!! (I wish)
Do it! Hop on Amtrak!
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post: