Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > General Category > Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Let's Talk (Chit Chat that Doesn't Fit Elsewhere) *Public* A public forum.

Old 06-26-2019, 10:25 AM   #16
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crossing state lines with a minor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbles View Post
There are no legal requirements. You need no paperwork. You would need something to make medical decisions for the child, but not to simply drive her across state lines. If you were to be pulled over, there is nothing you could be in trouble for. If the officer wanted to make it as difficult as possible, they would contact the parents, who would confirm that the child is riding with you to this place, and you would be let go. A child not being able to leave a state without written consent is the exception, not the rule.
Well, this is what I would expect. This makes the most sense. But, how do you know this? Is there some place to find these sorts of rules?

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KarenBoo For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 12:03 PM   #17
Soliloquy
Rose Garden

Why climb a mountain? Because it's there!

Soliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond reputeSoliloquy has a reputation beyond repute

You're not leaving the country. You don't need any kind of papers to travel within the US. The issue of state lines is a non-issue.

Generally, with other people's children for an organized function, I think it's wise to have their permission slips on your person. But not because of crossing state lines.

If it would ease your mind, go to your local police station and confirm.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soliloquy For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-26-2019), Little Forest (06-26-2019), marbles (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 12:34 PM   #18
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Lisa, call your sheriff's office or police station and ask. Sounds like you need Someone In Authority to say it.

I did find this: https://howtoadult.com/child-need-bo...ive-10686.html

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

Last edited by marbles; 06-26-2019 at 12:43 PM.
marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #19
Mother of Sons
Rose Garden

My kid shoots laser beams from his hands

Mother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond reputeMother of Sons has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve travelled out of state several times with kids who weren’t mine. Most of the time we flew. I’ve never been stopped or questioned. They’ve always assumed the kids were mine even when some were Chinese and some weren’t.

There is nothing illegal about it unless there is some kind of court order. I think a phone call to the parent would clear up any concern quickly. I don’t know if any paperwork. You could have the parents sign and notarized something but I would never sign something like that myself.
Mother of Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother of Sons For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #20
Virginia
Rose Garden

Don't mind my faces. They usually don't mean anything.

Virginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond reputeVirginia has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a sample letter:
https://philalegal.org/html/Sample_l..._to_travel.pdf

You write the names and dates of travel, as well as the addresses of final destinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DD1 "KO" born 8/2017
DD2 GIRL born 1/2020

Virginia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Virginia For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (06-27-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 03:13 PM   #21
mamacat
Rose Garden

mamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond reputemamacat has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I have heard of any travel restriction was if the child was in a county/state foster care system which I assume isnt the case here or you would have said.

Mama to 5:

C
W
C
J
S
And Grandma to 3:

A ,K and baby C
mamacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 10:16 PM   #22
tazmom
Rose Garden

tazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond reputetazmom has a reputation beyond repute

I take kids without their parents on field trips all the time for my job. None of the kids look like they could be my biological children. If I have more than one vehicle transporting kids, I make sure the driver has the permission slips for the children riding in their vehicle. I know the liability issues are different with a company sponsored trip vs privately transporting children. If you're really worried, I would ask for a copy of the permission slips from the leader.

Wife to the car guy for 21 years
Mom to my kids
T - Fifteen
A - Thirteen
Z - Ten
tazmom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tazmom For This Useful Post:
KarenBoo (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 04:17 AM   #23
KarenBoo
Rose Garden

KarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond reputeKarenBoo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmom View Post
I take kids without their parents on field trips all the time for my job. None of the kids look like they could be my biological children. If I have more than one vehicle transporting kids, I make sure the driver has the permission slips for the children riding in their vehicle. I know the liability issues are different with a company sponsored trip vs privately transporting children. If you're really worried, I would ask for a copy of the permission slips from the leader.
You know what's weird - we don't have permission slips for this trip! We have the health forms, and that's it! The troop leader registered all of us for the camping trip, and we have yet to fill out forms for this camping trip, other than the health forms. And the health forms are not specific to this trip. They are filled out once and kept on file with the troop for as long as we are in the troop!

I am going to make my own permission slip to be signed by the parents of the girls I am taking, and also have a copy of the health forms and insurance cards in case of an emergency.

crunchy, homeschooling, and focused on healing with diet, homeopathy, and QRI cold laser reflex integration
KarenBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:28 AM   #24
hollybells
Deactivated

hollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond reputehollybells has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenBoo View Post
I am going to make my own permission slip to be signed by the parents of the girls I am taking, and also have a copy of the health forms and insurance cards in case of an emergency.
I'd double check that's it's ok to have extra copies of that information made and carried around. If I'd provided the info and expected it to be kept secure and private, I would be livid to know a parent had made copies and was carrying it around. Holding on to the health card if my child wasn't old enough to look after it? Absolutely. Necessary and makes sense. But a parent carrying around an extra copy of my child's private health information with no idea how it was being stored and protected? No.

And with all of the concern here, in particular, about school permission forms etc. being used to vax children without parental consent? Again, I'd sign a permission form provided by an organization I trusted and could review, but not something a parent whipped up and handed me.

For your own protection, I'd just share your concerns with leadership and ask them when forms will be signed and who will carry them. It might save you the headache of trying to come up with all of this yourself. The organization really should be looking after all of this for you.
hollybells is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollybells For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-27-2019), knitlove (06-27-2019), Little Forest (06-27-2019), marbles (06-27-2019), twoplustwo (06-27-2019), WanderingJuniper (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 06:58 AM   #25
Little Forest
Rose Garden

Rich in girls.

Little Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Forest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollybells View Post
I'd double check that's it's ok to have extra copies of that information made and carried around. If I'd provided the info and expected it to be kept secure and private, I would be livid to know a parent had made copies and was carrying it around. Holding on to the health card if my child wasn't old enough to look after it? Absolutely. Necessary and makes sense. But a parent carrying around an extra copy of my child's private health information with no idea how it was being stored and protected? No.

And with all of the concern here, in particular, about school permission forms etc. being used to vax children without parental consent? Again, I'd sign a permission form provided by an organization I trusted and could review, but not something a parent whipped up and handed me.

For your own protection, I'd just share your concerns with leadership and ask them when forms will be signed and who will carry them. It might save you the headache of trying to come up with all of this yourself. The organization really should be looking after all of this for you.
And not to mention it would seem awkward for a parent to produce her own personal permission slip.

It is understood that you are taking them with permission. The police do not work that way. Air travel would be a different story. If you took them without the parents' knowledge completely different story. It will be fine.

It is not a communist country that asks you to show papers on demand.

Sweet Pea-DD1, Jan 04, 1/4
Tiger Lily-DD2, Jan 06, 2/1
Buttercup-DD3, Feb 08, 2/4
Dandelion-DD4, Nov 10, 2/3
Honeysuckle-DD5 March 13, 2/4
And there is DH too, ISTJ, DYT 4/2, I think!
Little Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Forest For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-27-2019), marbles (06-27-2019), WanderingJuniper (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 07:20 AM   #26
marbles
Rose Garden

Our Family

marbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond reputemarbles has a reputation beyond repute

I would just have information for the parents so they could be called. If a situation arises where there isn't time to call the parents, nobody will be checking for health forms/insurance cards. I can't think of a situation where you would be making medical decisions for anyone on an 8 hour road trip or where anyone would stop you to make sure each child with you is there consensually. I know people have said this multiple times but it really will be ok to just drive the children without paperwork. It is not illegal, you are taking them with permission. Worst case scenario, paperwork won't matter anyway. Best case scenario, everyone gets where they are going and information remains private.

mom to 13 year old the Girl
and 11 year old the Boy
and 8 year old Tiny

Almost always posting from my phone.

Last edited by marbles; 06-27-2019 at 07:22 AM.
marbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marbles For This Useful Post:
everybody's mother (06-27-2019), knitlove (06-27-2019), Little Forest (06-27-2019)