Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:57 AM   #1
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ Points thread, Week ONE

Welcome to the Autumn Home Blessing Challenge! The purpose of this challenge is to help us encourage one another in our homemaking/blessing/keeping. I'm trying to make it as customisable as possible because no two families are the same.

Each week will run Saturday to Saturday for my score-keeping purposes, but if you feel better organising your week a different way feel free, just add your scores in where you can.

For the newbies; below you will find a list of household tasks with points assigned to them. You can post below to save your 'spot' and keep updating your post with your scores for each day. At the end of the week, add up your scores and post them in bold
at the bottom of your post. Some people like to customise their post with different colours etc but that is completely optional.

You also have the option of selecting two new habits you would like to get into, which you can put in your post for accountability. Each time you 'do your habit' earns you points. This could be a skin care routine, remembering to clean up as you cook, anything you like.

At the end of each week, I'll announce the weekly winner. You get the privilege of adding "Winner of the Week x home blessing challenge" to your siggy if you so desire

At the end of the seasonal challenge, I will announce the over all winner.

These threads are meant to be uplifting and encouraging. They are not for beating yourself up if you haven't accomplished as much as somebody else. Every one of us is in a different stage in life, with different kids, different health and different circumstances. If you are struggling, feel free to just compete with yourself

Most ladies find the easiest way to keep track is to print out the list and use a tally system in different colours as they go through their day, but run with whatever works for you

I will start a separate thread where we can add our to do lists each day and run the 5 minute challenges (See how much you can accomplish with a 5minute timer). I'm going to experiment with having one thread that we update each day for a week to avoid clogging up the board too much. We'll see how that works this week and make changes as we go along.

If anybody has any comments or ideas on points changes etc let me know.

Daily Chores:

Spiritual/Emotional
10 Min Quiet Time - 10 minutes of what ever sustains you spiritually. Read your bible, pray quietly, sit outside and breathe in nature 100pts
10 Min Mama Time - 10 minutes of something just for you; take a hot shower, paint your nails, squirrel away with a book. Making a little time for yourself earns you 100pts
Bonding time - It can be hard during a busy day to make time to really focus on relationships. 10 minutes one on one time with who ever you feel you need it with (hubby, kids) 100pts

Dishes
Per 'load' 20pts
Bonus points per sinkful handwashed 5pts
Empty sink when you go “off duty” 40pts

Laundry
Each load of laundry: washed 10pts
Dried in the dryer 10pts
Hung out to try 15pts
Folded 15pts
Put away 15pts

Beds
Each bed made (or helped to make) 20pts

Misc
Hot Spots - the 3 top areas that accumulate clutter in your home (max of 45pts/day) 5 min=15pts
5 Minute Challenge/To Do List Thread 50pts
Tidying 5 min=15pts
Decluttering - 5mins = 5pts Bonus points for each shopping bag size load that leaves your house 10pts
New Habit #1100pts
New Habit #2 100pts
Table/Counters wiped before bed 25pts
Animal Care (per type of pet) 25pts
Rubbish/Recycling (per bag) 25pts
Wipe down the sink/surround (daily, per sink - bathrooms and kitchen) 25pts
Toilet 50pts
Dusting (per 5 min) 5pts
Each room vacuumed/swept 50pts
Each room mopped 50pts, 75 if by hand

Weekly Chores:
Plan Your Week
Calendar Review 25pts
Plan a weekly menu 25pts for 1meal a day planned, 50pts for 2 meals a day, 75pts for 3meals a day
Make a To-Do List and check it often 25
Desk Time- scheduling appointments, sorting paper work etc 100pts
Clean Windows (each window) 20pts

Kitchen:
Away with Non-Kitchen Clutter! 25pts
Wipe Down Appliance Exteriors 25pts
Wipe Down Cabinet Doors & Drawers 100pts
Quick clean Fridge 50pts
Microwave interior cleaned 25pts

Bathroom:
Clean Mirror(s), (each) 5pts
Bathtub/Shower 50pts

Bedding:
Sheets changed (per bed) 30pts
Wash comforter/quilt/etc (per bed) 30pts

Your Room on Wheels:
Empty the trash 15pts
Wipe out the cup holders 15pts
Vacuum the carpet/upholstery 50pts
Dust the dashboards 15pts
Clean the interior windows 30pts

Take head start of 50pts per week if you are chronically sick (Inc pregnancy sickness, spd etc, and anxiety or depression), have a child who is sick and needing extra care this week, or have a child under two. If anyone has any other situation they think should come under this rule, let me know

Seasonal Challenges To be accomplished once per season
Switch out clothes for appropriate seasonal changes 100pts per person
Clean out your entry way/where ever you keep your coats and shoes, ready for the muddy weather 100pts
Decorate your home for Autumn (what ever this means to your family) 100pts Bonus points for pictures 50pts
Cold and Flu remedies: Look in your stash take an inventory of what you have and what you need to pick up. 100pts
Winter preparedness: Take stock of what you need to do to prepare for winter and work towards it. Salt for the snow? Shovels? Blankets in your car? Everybody own mittens and hats? 100pts

Big Project - any big things that need doing in your house - cleaning out the spare room, painting a room etc 100pts

Have fun everyone!

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Saturday: 790
Sunday: 270
Monday: 750
Tuesday: 1010
Wednesday: 906
Thursday: 1115
Friday: 810

My total for the week is 5631

New Habit 1: Use my new face cleanser and moisturisor every day
New Habit 2: to be decided

My hot spots are the corner of my kitchen worktop, the desk in the playroom and the bench seat in the living room.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-07-2016 at 01:46 PM.
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-02-2016)
Old 10-01-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
knitlove
Rose Garden

knitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond reputeknitlove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ Points thread, Week ONE

I am excited to try to keep up. It is going to be an interesting month we will be gone almost half if it.
How do I have a teenager?! I don't feel ready for this.
knitlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #3
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Great list!
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
ECingMama
Rose Garden

ECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond reputeECingMama has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so excited to see I did a 50 pt chore today! Lol
12 DS mountain biker and 5 DD calico critter and dolly mommy
12/2014 8/2015 11/2015 9/2016
ECingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

790 yesterday only 270 today. I'm hoping I have chance to wrack up some more tomorrow.

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-03-2016, 12:27 PM   #6
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I want to do this. It was super helpful for me last fall. We had homeschool co-op this morning though and I am tired out so I don't know what I will get done, but definitely working on it tomorrow.

Monday:185
Tuesday: 695
Wednesday: 530
Thursday: 830
Friday: 695

Last edited by rdsmommy; 10-07-2016 at 06:09 PM.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #7
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

415 today, how's everyone else doing? I was going to do some more over the kids are in bed but we've had a busy few days so I think I'm going to just collapse in front of the TV

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

So I ended up doing a few bits and then got carried away. New total for today; 750

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-03-2016 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:01 PM   #8
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot about this over the weekend I'm off to bed now but I'll plan to start tomorrow and hopefully do the rest of the week
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #9
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

I've been looking at the old threads from during my nesting phase of Sammy's pregnancy; I was piling up 1000 points + on a regular basis My house has never been cleaner

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-04-2016, 05:49 AM   #10
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I've copied down the list, now I need to use it I'm going to give myself some points from the weekend, because we did some big decluttering jobs and also painted the bathroom

Married to Pete
Mum to Rachel (15)
Elizabeth (12)
and Elijah (9)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vicki_T For This Useful Post:
Earthmummy07 (10-04-2016), RiverRock (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 08:27 AM   #11
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I am going to put my printed sheets in a plastic sleeve, and then tally points while ds is playing soccer this afternoon. He alternates on and off the field so I'll tally when he isn't playing. I like to be the crazy mom who cheers when her kid scores or makes a good move.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #12
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm starting late, but jumping in.
Save

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #13
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Ok, I'm going to give myself 360 points for decluttering and painting over the weekend. I've started the regular stuff today and I have 545 points. I've made a start on a to-do list for tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some more points then!

Weekend - 360
Tuesday - 545
Wednesday - 725
Thursday - 875
Friday - 860

Week's total - 3265

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-08-2016 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #14
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Insane amounts of tidying up have worked in my favour today - 1010

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-05-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 11:28 PM   #15
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

I have a dental appointment today that will really cut into things but, before I go, I need to do the following:

Get everyone dressed
Pack lunch for the kids
Start the washer
Hang up some the clothes that need to be put away.

When I get back:

Switch the laundry
wash dishes
Do school with DD (Spelling, handwriting and math)
School with DS (Handwriting, Math and reading)

My first major goal is to clean my craft room. All the toys are piled in there right now. I need to do a serious purge and get rid of a ton of things.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote