Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #16
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week ONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
Today I want to...
Clean the master bath (it desperately needs it)
Do school with the kiddos and not loose my patience
Make lunch
Clean the microwave
Wash at least two loads of laundry
Sort through the homeschool cabinet
Clean up the pile of books beside my bed
Done so far:
Made lunch
Cleaned Microwave
Washed two loads of laundry (still need to fold and put away)
Most of the kids school
Cleaned the master bath

And bonus that wasn't on my list...
Cleaned guest bath
Swept kitchen, dining room, and hallway
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:43 AM   #17
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn Home Blessing Challenge ~*~ To Do / 5 Minute Challenge Thread Week ONE

This is my to do list for today (Wednesday)

- One load laundry
- Fold yesterday's laundry
- Put away yesterday's laundry

- Strip my bed and wash sheets
- Remake bed
- Clean bath
- Clean toilet
- Clean bathroom sink
- Clean bathroom mirror

- Decluttering
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Mop kitchen floor
- Sweep dining room floor
- Quiet time
- 10 mins exercise
- music practice
- Put out recycling
- New habit - use hand cream

We overslept so not off to a great start We're fighting off a cold virus I think - we're all been extra tired all week. All I've done so far is put a load of washing in...

10:15 edit - caffeine and a shower helped and I've managed to get a bit done, AND get the girls started with school. I hope you feel better soon, Isabel

12:30 edit - about to stop for lunch, and I've done most of the bathroom! Just going to put the recycling out, empty the dishwasher and then I'll get on with lunch prep. Then quiet time hopefully!

1:30 edit - we've eaten and cleared away, I've swept the kitchen and dining room floors and I'm going to do a five minute tidy before I have a quiet time (with a cup of tea!)

4 pm edit - I've kind of run out of steam now Mopping the kitchen floor is going to have to go on tomorrow's list because there's no point doing it now, while the children are in the garden, and I'll struggle for time later. And I don't want to I hope that won't lose me lots of points Apart from that I've done pretty well with my to do list. I had to add a couple of things that I didn't write down, because when I wrote the list I forgot that I had a few things to get ready for going out this evening, but I have sorted those I'm going to make a start on a list for tomorrow now, then I'll do my music practice and that will be it apart from making and clearing away dinner. I think.

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-06-2016 at 08:23 AM.
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:57 AM   #18
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not doing so hot today either. This is either a bad CFS relapse or I'm fighting off a virus. I'm not sure which is preferable. It's quarter to 10 and my accomplishments so far are getting out of bed, taking some meds and making the kids a smoothie :/ Oh and 2 loads of laundry have gone in (but we have 2 washers due to being a multi generational household so that isn't as impressive as it sounds)

Plan for today:
- life of Fred and Daily Grams'
-set up BB on the computer to do reading eggspress while I clean up the kitchen and do the dishwasher, and put the chicken and veggies in the slowcooker
-get everybody dressed and organise BB's morning chores
-spend 5mins colouring with BB
-tidy and Hoover box room and utility room
-lunch (reheated soup)
-Put SB down for a nap
-Afternoon school- creative writing and a Lego challenge
-scratch art leaves for season table
- cook rice for tea
-organise BB's evening chores and put kids to bed
-reset playroom and kitchen for tomorrow

All of this goes on a little white board that I carry around to keep me on track

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-05-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-05-2016)
The Following User Says they are praying for Earthmummy07:
Vicki_T (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 04:36 AM   #19
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Lunch break! Doing good. Got carried away and tidied and Hoover my bed room and landing too

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-05-2016), Vicki_T (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #20
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Today's list...
Finnish homeschool cabinet
Vacuum floors
Wash sheets
School with the kids
Grocery shopping
Make dinner (I get to go out for lunch !!!!)
Help dd finish the thanksgiving banner
Throw away trash from my car
Old 10-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #21
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

I guess, I never posted this morning.

I folded/hung up and put away 3 baskets of laundry
Gathered all the kids to go to the sitter for my dental appointment
Napped ds
did school with the big kids (math and handwriting)
General pick up
made dinner and fed kids

What I would like to get done this evening:

Wash dishes
do a load of laundry (I put a load in the washer but didn't dry it)
wipe the counters
sweep?
Put my basket of laundry away?

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save

Last edited by prov31craftymom; 10-05-2016 at 12:53 PM.
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 12:55 PM   #22
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

I bathed all three kids
Cleaned the kids bathroom (just need to do the floor)
Put all the kids to bed....and now I'm off to bed.

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
Old 10-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #23
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
Today's list...
Finnish homeschool cabinet
Vacuum floors
Wash sheets
School with the kids
Grocery shopping
Make dinner (I get to go out for lunch !!!!)
Help dd finish the thanksgiving banner
Throw away trash from my car
Well this day hasn't gone as planned. It's 8:15pm and I have...
Done school with the kids
Did menu planning
Grocery shopped
Made dinner

I may go clean out my car and help dd with her banner tonight, but that's probably it unless I get a major energy boost.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Ok, I cleaned out the trash in my car, finished the banner, and washed a load of dishes. I'm calling it a night.
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 PM   #25
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

Made breakfast
Did a little kitchen tidy
Made sticker charts for the kiddos

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
The Following User Says Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 02:14 AM   #26
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my Thursday to-do:

- Laundry load (actually on load two already )
- Clean bathroom floor

- Decluttering
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Mop kitchen floor

- Vacuum downstairs
- Quiet time
- 10 mins exercise
- 1 hour music practice
- New habit 1 - use hand cream
- New habit 2 - lights off by 10:30pm, alarm set for next morning

I think my second new habit is going to be going to bed earlier and setting an alarm for the morning at 7:30, so mornings are not such a rush. I'm going to try to stop whatever I'm doing at 10pm, and aim to have lights off by 10:30.

Edit - I've got a few things to carry over to tomorrow, but I just need to add up my points then turn the light off before 10:30 for my new habit points!

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-06-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 03:58 AM   #27
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki_T View Post
Here's my Thursday to-do:

- Laundry load
- Clean bathroom floor
- Decluttering
- Sweep kitchen floor
- Mop kitchen floor
- Vacuum downstairs
- Quiet time
- 10 mins exercise
- 1 hour music practice
- New habit 1 - use hand cream

I think my second new habit is going to be going to bed earlier and setting an alarm for the morning at 7:30, so mornings are not such a rush. I'm going to try to stop whatever I'm doing at 10pm, and aim to have lights off by 10:30.
That sounds like a habit I need too I've been trying to get up earlier but have actually been going to bed later

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

Thursday:
So far I have- breakfast and med, life of Fred and Daily Grams, put dinner in the crock pot, cleaned the kitchen, loaded the dishwasher, washed and hung out a load of laundry and meal planned for next week.

Still to do; put away dry laundry,
clean up living room
Hoover all downstairs
Buy birthday cards for my nieces

Food shopping
Clean BB's room
Sweep play room and landing
Dust living room

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Last edited by Earthmummy07; 10-06-2016 at 06:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 08:38 AM   #28
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Thursday to do' s....

Finish the homeschool cabinet that is taking forever
Vacuum floors
Wash sheets
Make lunch
Do school with kids
Wash one load of clothes
Bake a pie with dd
Make dinner
Wipe down kitchen cabinets
Old 10-06-2016, 10:58 AM   #29
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Swept floors (still need to vacuum the living room and my room)
Washed a load of clothes
Made lunch
Sheets are in the dryer
School is almost finished
Working on the homeschool cabinet right now
Old 10-06-2016, 01:38 PM   #30
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

School is finished
My sheets are done and back on my bed (Dd' s are in the dryer and ds's are washing)