Gentle Christian Mothers Community

Random Quotes from Wise Mamas

~* Please help keep GCM free by using our
Amazon.com affiliate link. Thank you! *~

Go Back   Gentle Christian Mothers Community > Blessing our Family > Joyous Homekeeping *Public*
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Joyous Homekeeping *Public* A public forum.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:16 AM   #46
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ~*~ Autumn HBC To Do/5minute challenge thread ~*~ Week 3+

I've already started the nappy wash and made breakfast. I had grand cleaning plans but AF came and I dont really fancy it so might just take it easy, do the essentials and enjoy my boys. Maybe start packing for our road trip

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I found the list of stuff I wanted to get done today. We'll see how it goes.

Playroom tidy dust
boxroom tidy up (ha! That thing is a MESS. No way that's getting done today)
Landing clean up
Hoover upstairs and down
Elastics on dungarees

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 11:46 AM   #47
RiverRock

Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

I just got home from morning drop-offs. My priority for today is to get everything ready for consignment and thrift store deliveries. I think I'm brave (or foolish) enough to tackle my bedroom closet. When I look in there, I feel like a clothes glutton. It is messy. I won't go as far as the capsule wardrobe idea (http://bemorewithless.com/how-to-bui...sule-wardrobe/), but I am going to try to put my favourite clothes front and centre so they are easy to grab.

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

Still sneezing and working on the closet.

The dog's bedding made it into the washing machine. I'm going to take points for making his bed too.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
Married for 25 years to a rugged boulder
and resting together on the one true Rock.
RiverRock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
Earthmummy07 (10-27-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 01:10 PM   #48
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

I am decluttering today. I have taken over the kids lego room for the week to collect things for sorting and am I the process of moving my piles of "I'll get through that later" into that room so I can sort them all at once.

I have also...
Vacuumed my bedroom and the Lego room
Done school
Made dinner
Sorted thru my paper files

Last edited by rdsmommy; 10-25-2016 at 03:45 PM.
rdsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
RiverRock (10-25-2016), Vicki_T (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #49
RiverRock

RiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond reputeRiverRock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsmommy View Post
I am decluttering today. I have taken over the kids lego room for the week to collect things for sorting and am I the process of moving my piles of "I'll get through that later" into that room so I can sort them all at once.
It's necessary to take over spaces sometimes.

We have a laundry/mud room that is lined with my bags as I attempt to organize the clothes. It's also the walkway to our rec. room, and where you enter from the garage. I need to finish my clothes organizing today! So much clutter and chaos is making me anxious.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
rdsmommy (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #50
RiverRock

I am getting tired of closet cleaning. I packed away or bagged all clothes that I am currently not wearing. All the items that I need to take to the consignment stores are now washed, folded and ready to go! Eight large bags (mostly the reusable shopping kind)!! Now to deal with some of the other stuff that was pulled out of the closet, and work on thrift store donations.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RiverRock For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-25-2016), Vicki_T (10-25-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:21 AM   #51
prov31craftymom
Rose Garden

prov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond reputeprov31craftymom has a reputation beyond repute

Today:

Keeping the laundry going
washed dishes
swept the dining room and kitchen
cleaned two bathrooms
school with DD

Echo is 7!
Charlie is 5!!!!!
Romeo is 2!

Save
prov31craftymom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prov31craftymom For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 03:38 AM   #52
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Wednesday:

- find phone charger
- prep crock pot dinner
- laundry
- vacuum floors
- quiet time

I'm helping out a friend with childcare this morning so I'm not going to try to get too much else done. I have done a load of laundry so far, and I'm making bread in the bread maker.

4pm - everything done except find the phone charger, which has mysteriously vanished I'll have to ask dh if he knows.

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-26-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Vicki_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:51 AM   #53
RiverRock

I feel like a hot sweaty stressed mess this morning. I have been recovering from the flu myself, and yesterday had two sick kids home. I have people putting expectations on my shoulders, and of course I have the burden of my own things on my shoulders.

Here is what I need to do today:
-Make a prioritized list for the next week so I can fit in *all the things!*, and know if I need to say no to anything. I also need to consider how I can make an efficient use of my time by lumping certain things together due to geography or how I am dressed.
-Schedule in walking and/or exercise. I really need to make this one of my new habits.

There are also some basics:
-Overall house tidy (someone is coming today to wash my floors and bathrooms because I just can't keep up with the basics when I am trying to get caught up on organizing, decluttering, paper work and correspondence). I scheduled two ladies to come and work together while I work with a client. I justify this because the one pays for the other.
-Drop off donations.
-Three loads of laundry.
-Ironing.
19 year old pearl, and
16 year old tiger eye.

Last edited by RiverRock; 10-26-2016 at 08:10 AM.
rdsmommy (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:47 PM   #54
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

rdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond reputerdsmommy has a reputation beyond repute

Done so far...
Menu planning
School w/dc
Grocery shopping
Mopped dining room

Still to do...
Wash dishes
Make dinner
Wash a load of clothes
Work on decluttering
Old 10-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #55
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Dishes washed
Dinner made
Clothes in the drier
The Following User Says Thank You to rdsmommy For This Useful Post:
Vicki_T (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 02:03 AM   #56
Earthmummy07
Rose Garden

Earthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond reputeEarthmummy07 has a reputation beyond repute

Today is our anniversary and my main task is to finish packing for our trip tomorrow. AF is trying to kill me so moving around is not my friend :/

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Oh and don't forget to log all your decluttering points ladies, as well as your big project points. And your bonus points for each grocery bag size bundle that leaves your house

Isabel
Mama to BB, 13
S, 4
T, 2
And Miss A 27/3/2020

Always missing my 5 9/10-1/12
My new venture! www.facebook.com/dizzyknits

Earthmummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Earthmummy07 For This Useful Post:
rdsmommy (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 02:35 AM   #57
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

Vicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond reputeVicki_T has a reputation beyond repute

Isabel!

My tasks today are:

- sweep kitchen floor
- clean toilet and bathroom sink
- change ds's sheets
- go out for a few groceries

- quiet time
- read some library books together

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-27-2016 at 07:35 AM.
Old 10-27-2016, 11:02 AM   #58
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Thursday's list...

Wash dishes
Do school
Make lunch
Wash towels
Vacuum sofas
Sweep floors
Help dc clean rooms
Sorting/decluttering

Done...
Dishes washed
Towels washed
Lunch made
School finished
Floors swept

Last edited by rdsmommy; 10-27-2016 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #59
rdsmommy
Rose Trellis

Today's list...
Wash dishes
Do school
Make dinner
Finnish yesterday's list
Wash a load of laundry
Old 10-31-2016, 01:52 AM   #60
Vicki_T
Rose Garden

I didn't get much done over the weekend so I've plenty to get on with for the next few days! I've already got a wash on, and we will start school work in about half an hour. Apart from that, I want to:

- change my sheets
- sweep/vacuum downstairs
- clean toilet and bathroom sink
- plan weekly chores
- quiet time

Last edited by Vicki_T; 10-31-2016 at 02:52 PM.